Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

NRL Recruitment and Retention

nahla

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
Our good mate Nahla probably knows a bit more than we do, but obviously Cameron Smith's love of money, premierships and records is keeping him in the game. I dare say Cronk winning two premierships has only inflamed/motivated Cameron even more.
I honestly baffled ,you have all the records,plenty of money ,i dont know what the motivation is...i can honestly hand on heart say away from footy he is a champion bloke

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I honestly baffled ,you have all the records,plenty of money ,i dont know what the motivation is...i can honestly hand on heart say away from footy he is a champion bloke

You're a long time retired I guess. If you still enjoy playing footy then why not keep going? It seems that everyone is so quick to push people into retirement these days.

I certainly feel for Brandon if promises were made though.

Metro

First Grader
Reaction score
well sometimes clubs dont always have things go to plan ,no one saw cam extending..
I think a lot of people saw Cam extending and playing close until he was very old, respectfully.

BDR

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score

nahla

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score

Chemicalspill

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Apparently Fafita is joining the Titans (announced this week) and Walters is staying on for Queensland for another year

Spacey

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Hopefully he goes. They've made too many poor, over priced purchases. This might be the one to kick start the Titts again.

As for Walters, if he wins this season, he deserves it. Don't think there is too many candidates worthy and applying.

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Well, I hope they do get him, and then I hope the Titans are responsible when they get Cartwright/Proctor/Peachey's etc money off the books. I hear they are trying to help Shannon Boyd retire (medically), so it is interesting if they can also get that money off the books.

Spacey

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Cartwright's achievements have been well documented, I think Proctor has a good dig most games, and Peachy can play just seems to play a different role every few games. All are on overs I'd guess. Boyd such a waste. He could of been one of the best in the league, maybe if he stayed in Canberra.

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Cartwright's achievements have been well documented, I think Proctor has a good dig most games, and Peachy can play just seems to play a different role every few games. All are on overs I'd guess. Boyd such a waste. He could of been one of the best in the league, maybe if he stayed in Canberra.
I always felt Boyd was a bit overrated. He was just way bigger than everybody else. Then by about 2018, the game has changed/ sped-up, and has only got faster. He cannot handle the speed of the game anymore.

The Raiders held onto that Boyd and Paulo combination too long, and once they moved them on with a more mobile replacements, they became a top team again.

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
So John Bateman to the Dogs, Dragons or England?

I wonder if the following would happen: Fafita re-signs with the Donkeys for 1 season, so Mal Meninga gets Bateman to the Titans.

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Nick Cotric, I thought we should have made a play for him when last available...can’t seem to crack centre at Raiders.

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
So Ricky Stuart is throwing temper tantrums down here in Canberra. I just remembered that this clown walked out on Parramatta. I guess Ricky has a very short memory :)

Jax

Origin Rep
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Nick Cotric, I thought we should have made a play for him when last available...can’t seem to crack centre at Raiders.
And now he is behind Mike Oldfield.

You know the club doesn't rate you as a centre, when the dude from Tubular Bells is picked ahead of you...

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Cameron Smith... Brandy.... Harry Grant. Well, one could argue it is an excellent dillema for Melbourne to have, but you can't fit three hookers in one team, and there's no guarantee two other players would even want to play in other positions.

Harry Grant seems happy at the Tigers, but would a Queensland move be on the cards for him?

No idea what Brandy would do, and not that I'd share anyway, but our good friend in here is being tight lipped anyway (rightly so).

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
And now he is behind Mike Oldfield.

You know the club doesn't rate you as a centre, when the dude from Tubular Bells is picked ahead of you...
Showing your age there mate

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Jax

Origin Rep
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Showing your age there mate

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Happy to say the album came out before I was born, not long before, mind....