Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

NRL Recruitment and Retention

crayne07

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
And don't forget the age old chestnut......... " I just wanted to be coached by the" Great One "...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
And so it begins........

From the Tele this morning

"While the money is short of the near $1 million-a-season on offer from Newcastle, Bird has a desire to be coached by seven-time premiership winner Wayne Bennett."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/broncos-set-to-snare-cronulla-sharks-star-jack-bird/news-story/34a5d27729d9dfdfa9f28e8471a8d06b

Cowboy_4_Life

Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
And so it begins........

From the Tele this morning

"While the money is short of the near $1 million-a-season on offer from Newcastle, Bird has a desire to be coached by seven-time premiership winner Wayne Bennett."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/broncos-set-to-snare-cronulla-sharks-star-jack-bird/news-story/34a5d27729d9dfdfa9f28e8471a8d06b
How is that even still a thing for players today? Unless you feel a need to improve your "kick to sidelines to protect a lead" game.....what can that past-it, senile, has-been possibly teach modern players.

Mark O Mac

Captain
5 Year Member
Reaction score
How is that even still a thing for players today? Unless you feel a need to improve your "kick to sidelines to protect a lead" game.....what can that past-it, senile, has-been possibly teach modern players.
How to make money on the side.

Dream

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Jack Bird has signed with the Broncos for 3 years.

crayne07

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Jack Bird has signed with the Broncos for 3 years.
The age of digital media and instant information is really highlighted with this signing.........

So far I've read articles saying he's signed for 3 years @ $700k py and others saying it's 4 years @ $1M py.

Everyone wants to be the first to break the story......... Forget the facts. That will come out eventually.

Last edited:

Mark O Mac

Captain
5 Year Member
Reaction score
The age of digital media and instant information is really highlighted with this signing.........

So far I've read articles saying he's signed for 3 years @ $700k py and others saying it's 4 years @ $1M py.

Everyone wants to be the first to break the story......... Forget the facts. That will come out eventually.

"Forget the facts. That will come out eventually."

Thing is, it actually won't. We never actually find out anything about exact contract numbers, so reporters can make up any bullshit number they want and can't really be held accountable for it.

Rumbo

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
Reynolds to Tigers

950k a season, 4 year deal

Clubs are paying crazy money for bog average players that play 6/7.

Last edited:

Dream

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Reynolds to Tigers

950k a season, 4 year deal

Clubs are paying crazy money for bog average players that play 6/7.
I think he's a level above similar skill level players because of his competitiveness but that money is crazy if true.

Rumbo

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
I could be wrong looks like 3mil over 4 years which is 750k/yr. The media reported a few days ago that the tigers offered 3mil over 4 years. Some are saying it could be up to 950k/yr today so it's in that price range

Last edited:

crayne07

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Puts stuff in perspective for me. Here I am doubting Morgo and then I read this...........
Yeah Josh's biggest asset is his competitiveness.......... But f*** me it has been his Achilles heel as well. If he wasn't half a second slow last week he would have been slugged with another tripping charge.....

Give me While Lightning any day of the week.

Beryl AU

First Grader
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Heard a rumour that Cronk is looking to sign with the Roosters.

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
Little snippet on 7 news tonight that Coote wants to finish his career with the cows & stay in Ville post footy, club must be doin something right

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

#CowboyDavid

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Hayne wants out of the Titans so he can move back to Sydney.

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Cameron Munster rumoured to be on the outer at Melbourne.