Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Nene Macdonald released

CC

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
What about ESL? Surely someone might come to come back to Oz
Sosaia Feki just signed with Castleford days ago.. too bad
Time to start believing in some of the young guns will keep signing.....

Chemicalspill

Bench Warmer
Donor
Reaction score
Surely we can give Hamiso a go next year at some stage. More will pop-up. Just need to identify them early.

MPW_Fanboy

Sent Off
Reaction score
This Hamiso kid is yet to play against grown men, yet people are advocating for him to play first grade next year (have noticed this to be a common theme on here from a number of posters not just chemicalspill)?

At least wait till he’s played QCup and we’ve had a decent look at him ffs.

Surely people on here remember Obe Geia, and the hype he had from dominating schoolboy footy?

Jagjaxon

First Grader
5 Year Member
Reaction score
So we're not allowed to be excited about seeing our juniors get a crack?

MPW_Fanboy

Sent Off
Reaction score
So we're not allowed to be excited about seeing our juniors get a crack?
Did I say that? People are calling for him to make his debut next year off the back of a YouTube highlights video against a bunch of mugs in Cairns.

I watched him closely for the QLD 18’s and from what I saw he has a long way to go. Xavier Coates looked a different class in that game, and it was no surprise to see him hold his own in his debut against Cronulla.

I just don’t understand the calls from some on here for him to be fast tracked into first grade next year when we haven’t even seen him come up against grown men.

Dream

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
I watched him closely for the QLD 18’s and from what I saw he has a long way to go. Xavier Coates looked a different class in that game, and it was no surprise to see him hold his own in his debut against Cronulla.
Yeah I've cooled on the Hamiso hype a bit since watching that game, Coates looked a lot more ready.

Mark O Mac

Captain
5 Year Member
Reaction score
This Hamiso kid is yet to play against grown men, yet people are advocating for him to play first grade next year (have noticed this to be a common theme on here from a number of posters not just chemicalspill)?

At least wait till he’s played QCup and we’ve had a decent look at him ffs.

Surely people on here remember Obe Geia, and the hype he had from dominating schoolboy footy?
Did I say that? People are calling for him to make his debut next year off the back of a YouTube highlights video against a bunch of mugs in Cairns.

I just don’t understand the calls from some on here for him to be fast tracked into first grade next year when we haven’t even seen him come up against grown men.
Both these posts could have been covered by “he hasn’t played against grown men yet. I think we should see how he goes first.”

You watched him closely for a game and determined he has a long way to go. Someone else may have watched him closely for a different game and has determined he’s first grade standard.

Him being ‘advocated for’ by so many on here seems far fetched. I can’t say I can recall even seeing his name. Unless it’s all so common in-between posts of yours that I’ve skimmed straight past.

And if they’re basing it on a YouTube video, isn’t that exactly the same hype another player had recently that everyone demanded be selected straight into first grade?

MPW_Fanboy

Sent Off
Reaction score
Both these posts could have been covered by “he hasn’t played against grown men yet. I think we should see how he goes first.”

You watched him closely for a game and determined he has a long way to go. Someone else may have watched him closely for a different game and has determined he’s first grade standard.

Him being ‘advocated for’ by so many on here seems far fetched. I can’t say I can recall even seeing his name. Unless it’s all so common in-between posts of yours that I’ve skimmed straight past.

And if they’re basing it on a YouTube video, isn’t that exactly the same hype another player had recently that everyone demanded be selected straight into first grade?
Far fetched? Type his name into the search engine and you’ll find numerous posts from various members endorsing him ffs.

Those u/18 origin games are generally where the cream rises to the top. Those who stand out generally kick on the following years and play first grade. Hamiso looked overawed by the occasion to some degree, which doesn’t bode well for him moving forward. Given it’s the biggest stage of football he’s played on, it’s the best unit of measurement we can use in terms of where he’s current at with his development. I’m not saying he can’t develop into a good first grade footballer. All I am saying is that all the talk and suggestion that we should play him next year is very premature.

Chemicalspill

Bench Warmer
Donor
Reaction score
Yeah I've cooled on the Hamiso hype a bit since watching that game, Coates looked a lot more ready.
I'm not suggesting playing him Wk 1 but at this stage he seems like a prospect. Get him into the ISC and if he gets a game later in the year like Coates (wk16 debut) maybe he would look ready too.

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
Shit, if we don't give him a go, he'll probably sign with the storm & it'll be another monumental fk up by parr & Co.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Spacey

Captain
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Shit, if we don't give him a go, he'll probably sign with the storm & it'll be another monumental fk up by parr & Co.

Surely Parr must be on his secondly written warning by now.

MPW_Fanboy

Sent Off
Reaction score
I'm not suggesting playing him Wk 1 but at this stage he seems like a prospect. Get him into the ISC and if he gets a game later in the year like Coates (wk16 debut) maybe he would look ready too.
In one of your previous posts you said that Hamiso should spend as little time possible playing in the ISC. Which one is it?

MPW_Fanboy

Sent Off
Reaction score
This is like the third time today you've done some digging to try prove something. People can change there opinion. You know this right?
He made this original comment 3 weeks ago ffs. I think he’s realised today how premature the talk of first grade is in terms of where Hamiso’s currently at with his development, and has conversely taken a backward step with his endorsement of him to be fast tracked into first grade.

Rudi

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
I'm fully into the Hamiso hype, but emphasise he is just a kid.

I fully expect him to be playing Q-Cup next year, and maybe grab the odd NRL game, depending on playing stocks at the time, during the origin period. It's hoped that he is demanding to be our NRL FB by start of 2021 season. As stated before, the club have a massive opinion on him.

Hamiso's next task is the QLD Open schoolboys that are playing next week - these games will be livestreamed.

As for Coates....meh, it sounded like a Broncos press machine wank-fest in regards to his performance. He was okay, nothing more.

I'm on the Hamiso train #hamertime

Bongohead667

First Grader
Reaction score
This is like the third time today you've done some digging to try prove something. People can change there opinion. You know this right?
He went and googled the definition of my user name just to attack me with it. Standard operating proceedure for this troll

Last edited:

Chemicalspill

Bench Warmer
Donor
Reaction score

It would certainly be some fodder for the forum. :D