Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Nene Macdonald released

Prince Ernst of Hanover

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
COWBOYS PLAYER FOUND CONNECTED TO CRASHED CAR
A crashed abandoned car with empty alcohol bottles, found on Magnetic Island, has been linked to an NRL Cowboys player.
Police said between 4 and 5 AM, a car had crashed into a rock face at Magnetic Island on Magnetic Island Road.
Officers said they found numerous empty alcohol bottles and no one was with the car.
They said they have contacted the hire car company.
The ABC understands the renter is a Cowboys player.
The ABC is not suggesting the renter of the car crashed the car or was responsible for the alcohol.
In a statement, the north Queensland Cowboys said they were aware of an alleged traffic incident involving a squad member overnight.
"The club has been in contact with the player in question as well as the NRL and will be making no further comment on this matter until internal investigations are completed," a spokesman said.

From ABC North Queensland facebook page.

MPW_Fanboy

First Grader
Reaction score
Said it before, but you don’t flee a crash scene unless you’ve got something to hide. Given the time of the incident, I have absolutely no doubt he was on the piss.

f*** him off immediately. I’ve had a gutful of these flogs who take the position they’re in for granted and have no respect for the club. Can’t say I’m suprised he’s gotten himself into this type of mischief. Has been spending a fair bit of time with some questionable characters down SEQ way during his lay off.

Bongohead667

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
FFS can we make players pass a basic IQ test before we sign them? So sick of these spoilt brats pissing on the opportunity life has given them!

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Wait and see at this point but doesn't sound good. If it is what is sounds like reading between the lines he's probably going to have to go. Not only a completely reckless/dangerous incident but also probably breaching expectations while rehabbing an injury.

Very disappointing, hoping we find out some other explanation although what that would be is difficult to say.

Revivous

Qld Cup Player
Donor
Reaction score
Jesus christ. Not another one :(

If I were Nene and if I was the one who did this - as if you wouldn't be slipping a sly 50k to your mate and getting him to take the fall...

Nene if you see this, totally don't do this

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Apparently his drivers license was found in the car along with the empties.

Lol not sure how he'll squirm out of this one. Tbh he was pretty ordinary for us before he was injured anyway. One of those players who looks like quite the physical specimen but for some reason is on his 4th NRL club at the age of 25.

Prince Ernst of Hanover

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Didn't we have a guy a few years back who got pulled over and subsequently moved to the passenger seat. Police became suspicious when they found no-one in the driver's seat.

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Apparently his drivers license was found in the car along with the empties.

Lol not sure how he'll squirm out of this one. Tbh he was pretty ordinary for us before he was injured anyway. One of those players who looks like quite the physical specimen but for some reason is on his 4th NRL club at the age of 25.
I thought he looked pretty good for us, especially his runs out of our own end. Never really got going with his try scoring because we were so dire in attack at the time. If by some circumstance he's still here next year I think he'll go well.

Metro

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
Honestly this is a good chance for the club to sack him given he has a serious injury that may affect his playing future going forward. Club should take it with both hands.

MPW_Fanboy

First Grader
Reaction score
Any more information coming out of this, or are we just letting this blow over as if nothing ever happened.

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I think we might try and ride it out, especially if he skates by and avoids charges. Things have been suspiciously quiet

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Everyone left behind from rep round was probably taking a few days off.. thus Nene being over at Maggie on a Thursday. Would like to think it'll blow over but you'd think we'll hear something early next week. Hard to sweep things under the rug with that darn integrity unit sniffing around anyway.

MPW_Fanboy

First Grader
Reaction score
Regardless of whether they were given time off or not, it doesn’t sit well with me that a player in rehab is going out and getting walloped on the sauce, let alone driving and writing his car off as well.

If there’s an opportunity we can f*** him off I hope we take it. No player is bigger than the club, and we’ve got to draw the line with what is acceptable and what is not acceptable behaviour, so that it acts as a deterrence in the future (you’d think legal ramifications as well as the possibility of harming others would be enough of a deterrent but clearly not).

Chemicalspill

Bench Warmer
Donor
Reaction score
I understand they found his thongs in the car but he was located at a " bare foot bar" .... Interesting... Obviously more to come.

Ianc

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Regardless of whether they were given time off or not, it doesn’t sit well with me that a player in rehab is going out and getting walloped on the sauce, let alone driving and writing his car off as well.

If there’s an opportunity we can f*** him off I hope we take it. No player is bigger than the club, and we’ve got to draw the line with what is acceptable and what is not acceptable behaviour, so that it acts as a deterrence in the future (you’d think legal ramifications as well as the possibility of harming others would be enough of a deterrent but clearly not).
I’m glad you are waiting to hear all the facts before you want him out the door.