Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

LOD Tackle

crayne07

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Is it just me or was anyone else #%@ off with the LOD tackle. You see players every other week being sighted or charged for putting a player in a dangerous position during a tackle. If the West Tigres player ( i think it was Gibbbs ) didn't put Luke in a dangerous position I'm not here. I know that in a gang tackle a players body can be accidently hurt but in this tackle Luke's leg was held out until he was driven to the ground , in the other direction ,by another player. There was only ever going to be one outcome of this and that was a serious injury. Anyone who saw the tackle on TV couldn't help but wince and wonder. Was it his knee...a broken leg....groin...no it was his hami. Ok so Luke's life may not have been in danger from this action but the look on his face as he lay in agony , 2 months on the sidelines and his chance of representing his country is a fair price.

Best of luck Luke with your recovery your a champ and you'll be back as good as ever. To the Wests Tigers player I've got one word for you KARMA

mullup

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Gibbs was the player who patiently laid beneath Luke, until he could be attended to.

crayne07

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
mullup said:
Gibbs was the player who patiently laid beneath Luke, until he could be attended to.
Sorry Bryce you don't need any more bad Karma. Who ever it was though they suck.:finger:

diehard_cowboy

First Grader
Reaction score
It was a shocker of a tackle!!! You just gotta cringe watching the replays!!!!

RHINO

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
was really bad, Wouldnt have been intentional but stil wasnt neccassary to pull his leg out to the side. Hopeefully his hammy is still attached to his bone somehow

nq_gurl

Reaction score
did anyone see the chanel 7 "exclusive interview" with LOD?

Newie

Junior
Reaction score
I watchd a replay of the game and it wasn't until after LOD's tackle that I noticed that there were several other similar tackles by the Tigers on our players. Maybe the NRL should have a look at this and nip it in the bud before anyone else gets seriously injured.

RHINO

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
wouldnt surprise me at all if they are taught to try and injure with tim sheens at the riegns. We got taught similar type stuff at keebra, we are affliated with the tigers and have clinics and stuff. Was never to intentionally injure but just to put into awkward positions for that bit of extra time for them to get to their feet

#CowboyDavid

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
O'Donnell Injury Update 10/04/2007

Australian, New Souths Wales and Toyota Cowboys backrower Luke O'Donnell has had an MRI Scan today to determine the extent of the ham string tear in is left leg.

The scan was taken in the early afternoon and will be read by the club Doctors tomorrow morning, more information will become available around lunch time tomorrow. The representative players injury occurred in the 23rd minute of the NRL round four game against Wests Tigers. The Cowboys went on to win the game 25-24.

Bernster

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Here's Praying for LOD...

RHINO

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
thoughts are with ya luke. Hopefully its as minor as possible. Players like u dont deserve to sit on the sidelines