Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Let the Peaking begin.

Bongohead667

First Grader
Reaction score
That was August last year. Seems like it's been a disaster so far.

I hope they seriously look at why we're getting so many injuries, it's been an epidemic over the last 3 seasons.
A season or 2 of higher than average injuries happens. When it keeps happening i agree you need to investigate your methods to find a reason for it. I don't think the afl guy is necessarily at fault since this is his first year here isn't it? . I hope they can find the answer.

Mark O Mac

Captain
5 Year Member
Reaction score
A season or 2 of higher than average injuries happens. When it keeps happening i agree you need to investigate your methods to find a reason for it. I don't think the afl guy is necessarily at fault since this is his first year here isn't it? . I hope they can find the answer.
I can’t even remember what half the injuries are. Only certain injuries can be blamed on the sports science department.

Bongohead667

First Grader
Reaction score
I can’t even remember what half the injuries are. Only certain injuries can be blamed on the sports science department.
Lends strength to the idea we used voodoo magic in 2015. Paying it back now, just wonder how many more years it'll take.

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
I agree, we have hit the wall. A false dawn.

While we are not dead,
Yes we are.
Reality is you can talk up all the shit you like, but we are a pretty fkn ordinary side atm.
When Green came here it was "no excuses"
Now its a new excuse each week.
The concerns of some past posters about greens decisions/ability are starting to bear fruit. He led us to a premiership, but thats the extent of his capability.
I am starting to believe, whilst he is in charge we are also rans

Cowboy Pete

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Don't quite know how to answer Moggy's post, but I will try. I have tried not to confuse this Peaking thread with all the other noise going on with the Team and the Coach. That is why I started a separate thread about four weeks ago.

Here, I am only concerned with the Peaking and the other Clubs run to the Finals. Whether we are an ordinary side or not is not the concern of this thread. With all the injuries we have got, players playing out of position, it is surprising we are not getting blown off the park. I am only concerned if on the whole the team is on the up.

Looking at the situation, after the fact, I think we are still in this. I have not thrown the towel in, and the Team did not either. I saw a clip of them on the News tonight with them in the Dressing Room after the game. They were shattered. Expecting Clifford to lead us around, with what he has been through this year, was a bridge to far. Hopefully Morgan is back next week.

We still have six games to go plus the Results from this weekend still to come.

PS.

Tigers beat Knights. Which was a very important game for us. We are still in this and I believe we will have a few more players available for next week.

Cowboy Pete

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
While I realize that this thread is annoying quite a few, I will push on.

Here is the ladder as it affects us at the moment.

6th Eels --------- 22
7th Panthers -------20
8th Broncos ------19
9th Knights ------18
10th Sharks ------18
11th Tigers ------18
12th Warriors -----17
13th Cowboys ----16

The games that we have an interest in.

Tigers ----- Cowboys ( Cowboys )
Warriors ----Raiders ( Raiders )
Broncos ----Storm ( Storm )
Manly ------Knights ( Manly )
Bulldogs ---Panthers ( Bulldogs )
Sharks -----Souths ( Souths )

Again, the draw looks kind to us, but we have to lift. I think we have been, but we have to go to the next level which I think we can.

ps

I have put on my tin foil hat.

Rudi

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Keep the thread going Pete, I love it.

By outlining the best case scenarios each week saves me having to think about things.

I enjoy the read and further enjoy your positivity.

Cowboy Pete

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Rudi.

like in life, when things are not going your way, you have to try to think positively.

Martin Luther King once said.

" If you can't fly, then run.
If you can't run, then walk.
If you can't walk, then crawl.
but by all means keep moving.

I think the boys have not given up and if they have not, then they are not far away from that saying # NOTFAROFF #

Chemicalspill

Bench Warmer
Donor
Reaction score
After last night, I declare that this thread is officially dead and buried for this year and the foreseeable future.
Eulogy - Whilst you did not live long, you will be fondly remembered for your enthusiasm, eyebrow raising comments and sheer stubbornness in believing in success. RIP - Let the Peaking begin.

Mark O Mac

Captain
5 Year Member
Reaction score
I think we got confused between our Peaks and our Valleys. Some one thought we needed to Valley to win. We’ve been following the The Vallying Theory.

Cowboy Pete

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
It is bad when your 6yo g Titan's grand daughter laughs at you while you have tears in your eyes.

Cowboy Pete

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
If the Cowboys games are killing us the Gods look like they want to give us a slow lingering death. The Dogs have just beaten the Panthers in a spirited display that we can only dream of.

All the other results are also ensuring that we are going to be, Hung, drawn and quartered and be dispatched as slowly as possible. I was hoping for a quick merciful demise, but that does not look like it is going to happen. It's like watching a cat playing with a mouse.

Everybody is trying to help us and we cannot even lift for that.

Chemicalspill

Bench Warmer
Donor
Reaction score
Hey! This thread is meant to be dead. Die gracefully would ya!

Cowboy Pete

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Hey! This thread is meant to be dead. Die gracefully would ya!
I wondered who would be the first to appear over the Parapet. Well done. It looks like it is going to be a non graceful slow lingering death.