Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Let the Peaking begin.

Cowboy Pete

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I agree, but the Dragons to win would have been of biblical proportions, they are going awful. By the way, The teams selected are not necessarily what I think , but what I assume to be in the Cowboys best interest.

At this time of the year, it is not unexpected that a few front runners hit the wall and upsets occur. The Cowboys have been the beneficiary of these upsets for the last three weeks. The race for the eighth spot is getting crowded and the Cowboys beating Souths tonight will help our cause no end and could help us get into sixth spot by the end of the season.

A loss tonight would mean that not only do we have to lift but likely the other results have to keep falling our way. Reality tells us that momentum will take us only so far and then the tide will ebb. Get through that ebb and we can be back in business.

I expect we can afford to lose a few games in the run home, but it is better for us to keep building and look after our own destiny. I believe the Cowboys are on the build and the team is now about to produce what we all expected before Game 1. We just need a few players to find that next gear, many have, and the rest have shown to me just that steady improvement in the right direction and in those immortal words.

" NOTFAROFF "

Cowboy Pete

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
When we beat the Rabbits tonight I can see us winning the next five games in a row. Then the ----- STORM -----

Jax

Origin Rep
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
It's a shame Donald Malone's NRL career never went anywhere.

I would have loved to use the Peaking Duck pun.

Cowboy Pete

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
On a scale of 4 and 20 how high are you right now?
I said before the Souths game we were about ---12.

After, I would say we are about ---13. ---. Even though the last ten minutes were crud their was improvement and to keep things in perspective we were playing the second top team and beat the Roosters last week.

We are still in this.

Cowboy Pete

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Whilst I can see us improving in the Peaking I doubt at this stage it will be enough to get us over the line. I am of the opinion that this game will be won by the team that wants it the most.

Enthusiasm and Effort is what is required. If we have an edge and it is a slight one at that I think that the fact we are slowly on the UP and the Sharks appear to be on the Down. Apart from that, the team that wants it the most will win .

Both of us have exactly the same incentives to win this game as losing is going to make it very difficult. A loss is ok, but not in these match ups because not only do you not get the two points, the other team gets the two at a time when the season ending is looming. It is critical we do not lose to a team competing for seventh and eighth spot.

Metro

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Meh. Guys, we are not making the finals. Our team is pretty weak at this point.

Dream

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
This season is the embodiment of 'not far off'.

We've been right in the last 5 games and they were there for the taking, we just couldn't quite get the job done. Win those games and we're fighting for the top 4 instead of hanging onto slim hopes of making the finals. We don't deserve to be in the top 4 because we lost those games, but it was only a couple of crucial moments in each game that determined the result. Not far off.

I'm hoping the players take a lot of experience out of this season and next year we win more of those games that are in the balance. Some luck with injuries and replacing a few squad members would help too.

Last edited:

Cowboy Pete

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I really think that with slight improvement that we can cause some damage. We are improving, and we have had a lot of luck go our way caused by other teams upset wins to keep us in this.

However, I think we need to make a giant leap, which is possible, and " We got dis."

Bongohead667

First Grader
Reaction score
If they keep the improved attitude they've shown the last month when Morgan comes back i can see us winning most of our final games.

Bass Player

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
What are the best results for us this round, Pete?

Knights vs Wests Tigers
Rabbitohs vs Dragons
Eels vs Warriors
Titans vs Broncos
Storm vs Sea Eagles
Bulldogs vs Roosters
Panthers vs Raiders

Cowboy Pete

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Seven games before the Finals and it is interesting what our draw leading to that is. We are playing 5 teams playing for 7th and 8th.

This is what is ahead of us. The Cowboys are 13th -- 16 points

Sharks 11th 16 points
Tigers 12th 16 points
Broncos 10th 17 points
Knights 8th 18 points
Panthers 7th 20 points.

So, it looks like we have to beat all those teams as things are now. For this week, I would be hoping for these teams to win. Realistically only the Storm and Raiders look likely but their are always upsets and we have had the momentum in our favour for a few weeks now. Let's hope a few upsets continue.

Knights ------ Tigers ( Tigers )
Eels ------ Warriors (Warriors )
Titans ------ Broncos ( Titans )
Storm ------ Manly ( Storm )
Panthers ----- Raiders ( Raiders )

Who we want to win or lose will change each week, but we are two points from 8th with a heap of teams scrambling for it. Really, we have to go on a winning run now, to decide our own destiny. With the right results we can afford a few losses. Our last two game are against the Bulldogs and the Storm.

"NOTFAROFF"

Last edited:

Mark O Mac

Captain
5 Year Member
Reaction score
I’m not seeing the peak. Must be a lot of cloud around... :(

Cowboy Pete

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I’m not seeing the peak. Must be a lot of cloud around... :(
I agree, we have hit the wall. A false dawn.

While we are not dead, we are on life support. It has beome more and more obvious where our problems are. An ageing roster with a smattering of young inexperienced guys who are expected to carry the can for them. I thought at the beginning of the season, Lancini called for a complete review and Parr was put in Charge. That has worked a treat .

Some hard decisions by the top echelon at Board Level I think.

ps

We certainly need this weekends games to go our way, but I am starting to revisit the first stage of grief again.

Dream

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score

While we are not dead, we are on life support. It has beome more and more obvious where our problems are. An ageing roster with a smattering of young inexperienced guys who are expected to carry the can for them. I thought at the beginning of the season, Lancini called for a complete review and Parr was put in Charge. That has worked a treat .

Some hard decisions by the top echelon at Board Level I think.

ps

We certainly need this weekends games to go our way, but I am starting to revisit the first stage of grief again.
That was August last year. Seems like it's been a disaster so far.

I hope they seriously look at why we're getting so many injuries, it's been an epidemic over the last 3 seasons.

Desert Qlder

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score

That is right Pete, you've captured the essence of the issue. The young players have also been dropped at random times and then drawn in at a moment's notice.

They have also copped the bulk of the criticism for poor performances.