Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Let the Peaking begin.

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
A draw between the Broncos and Warriors seems good for us

Prince Ernst of Hanover

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
The amazing thing about Lockyer and Inglis is that as well as being amazing attacking players they had very few errors in their game. The nature of playing fullback results in errors. Catching contested bombs etc.

However I remember Lockyer's first test. Against New Zealand. He had a bad night trying to clean up some kicks in wet, greasy conditions. People were asking if he would ever play for Australia again? I think he holds the record for Tests now.

Anthony Minichiello was also very good. Good in attack with few errors. 19 Tests (wikipedia)

Cowboy Pete

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I never included the Bronco's and the Warriors game in my calculations. But, them having a drawer was the best possible outcome for us.

It's on!

The God's are smiling on us. Let's hope their fickleness does not destroy us tomorrow.

Now for the Storm to do their thing against the Clapper.

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I never included the Bronco's and the Warriors game in my calculations. But, them having a drawer was the best possible outcome for us.

It's on!

The God's are smiling on us. Let's hope their fickleness does not destroy us tomorrow.

Now for the Storm to do their thing against the Clapper.
We might find ourselves in the 8 by the end of the round Pete. I just hope we haven't peaked too early

Beaves NQ

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
At least Tedesco is out against us. He is the best fullback of all time. I can't believe people were calling for Ponga to be selected as 1 for Australia ahead of him.
jesus mate, calm yo tits. He’s got a long way to go before he jumps over Slater.

Cowboy Pete

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Storm Win

3 wins ---- 1 Loss ----1 Draw

All's well so far.

Cowboy_4_Life

Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
At least Tedesco is out against us. He is the best fullback of all time. I can't believe people were calling for Ponga to be selected as 1 for Australia ahead of him.
Feldt is without question the greatest fullback of all time, which makes Greeny's team lists all the more baffling

Metro

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
jesus mate, calm yo tits. He’s got a long way to go before he jumps over Slater.
He doesn’t have a long way to go. His impact on a game is ridiculous. IMO he is better than Slater. He’s brilliant.

Cowboy Pete

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Today our destiny is in our own hands.

For those Thespians out there, never has a quote been more pertinent then about todays match against the Roosters. Everything has been going our way for the last two weeks, the tide has turned.

" TAKEN AT THE FLOOD! "

For those that do not know that passage I suggest you look it up.

Cowboy Pete

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
A great weekend for the Cowboys.

Next week we have to win again and by my calculations if the Roosters can beat the Knights then we will finish in equal 8th place and also most likely on Percentages finish 8th.

The other games are incidental as my crystal ball can only see one week in advance.

We were $4.35 today and won. I wonder what the Titans will be against the Storm.

Cowboy Pete

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
The Gods are with us and we have the wind at our back. Can the momentum continue?

Not only do we have to win we still need results to go our way. A Cowboy win plus some results will continue our go forward. I think after this weekend, even if we are not in the eight we will be in a stronger position then we are now. We are on the cusp.

Warriors - Sharks ( Warriors )
Panthers - Dragons ( Dragons )
Roosters - Knights ( Roosters )
Raiders - Tigers ( Raiders )
Cowboys - Souths ( Cowboys )
Manly - Eels ( Either )

I think this will be another good week for us as I can see the signs of improvement in a lot of the individuals that needed to lift. Now, all we need is to see Scott and Bolton go forward which I believe they are capable of.

A strong performance from our forwards should see Souths backs not have the benefit of the go forward which will allow Clifford, Asiata and Drinkwater more freedom as playmakers.

We got Dis.

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I think we should also be hoping for a Dogs win tonight too right?

I would be anyway because f*** the Donkeys but hey, added incentive.

Cowboy Pete

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Yes BDR I could have, But, that would have been spiteful of me and that is not me. I am the most congenial of fellows ". Malice to know one, goodwill to all".

Chemicalspill

Bench Warmer
Donor
Reaction score
I think we should also be hoping for a Dogs win tonight too right?

I would be anyway because f*** the Donkeys but hey, added incentive.
Donkeys are a mess, it's good to watch. Five play-makers so far this year??? Struggling 5/8 to fullback, struggling fullback to 5/8 --- problem solved. :rolleyes:

Revivous

Qld Cup Player
Donor
Reaction score
If we Bradbury our way into another Grand Final I will never doubt you again Pete

Cowboy Pete

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
The Warriors beat the Clappers by 1 point.

Now for the Dragons to put the Panthers to the sword.