Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Let the Peaking begin.

Cowboy Pete

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Well, I think the forces of the Universe have altered and have rearranged our destiny for this year. While our guys are sitting at home in their lounge chairs fate is doing what they have been unable to achieve themselves.

Momentum is with us, and yet we have a bye. All the results so far this round have been to our favour. We only need one more result to complete a magnificent weekend for us. As hard as it is, the Bronco's need to win and we are back on the horse. Odd, that it has taken a weekend of doing nothing, and we are back in the game.

Maybe, the God's have forgotten about us this weekend and as a result we have the opportunity to regroup and march on to our destiny.

If their is to be a Peking, and somehow I believe their's going to be,

then Let the Games begin. A few more weeks of favourable results is all we need and hopefully we do not Shat the bed.

Last edited:

Prince Ernst of Hanover

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Thank you cowboy Pete. However, I would prefer it if your peaking stuff did not provide a distraction to the upcoming fantasy camp. I trust you understand.

PEOH

Reactions: Jax

Cowboy Pete

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
No they fkn dont

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
My desire for the chance of another Premiership overrides my dislike for the Bronco's. At this stage of the season I would make a deal with the Devil and if the Bronco's happen to be that devil, so be it.

I have the Sharks at the top of my list and would like to see that smugness wiped off the face of one of their supporters. Fook em.

Chemicalspill

Bench Warmer
Donor
Reaction score
My desire for the chance of another Premiership overrides my dislike for the Bronco's. At this stage of the season I would make a deal with the Devil and if the Bronco's happen to be that devil, so be it.

I have the Sharks at the top of my list and would like to see that smugness wiped off the face of one of their supporters. Fook em.
You got your wish. Tweener Broncs played pretty well in parts.

Cowboy Pete

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Now, our guys have to get out of their lounge chairs and face the reality of the Roosters next week.

Cowboy Pete

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Well, if their is going to be a Peaking it started with last week's win against the Bye. --- They did it in a cakewalk and hardly got out of bed. ---

The results all went our way and now it will all be for nought if the boys cannot beat the Roosters. They also have the benefit of knowing the results of
some of the games that have a big bearing on how their season is being defined.

This is the State of Play and the results that will make our charge just a bit easier.

13th. Cowboys 14 points ---- Roosters. ( Cowboys )
10th. Panthers 16 points ---- Titans ( Titans )
9th. Tigers 16 points ----- Eels ( Tigers )
8th. Sharks 16 points ----- Storm ( Storm )
7th. Eels 18 points ----- Tigers ( Tigers )
6th. Knights 18 points ------ Bulldogs ( Bulldogs )
5th Manly 20 points ----- Souths ( Souths )
4th Raiders 20 points ------ Dragons ( Dragons )

The teams in brackets winning will provide oxygen for us for a bit longer, but it will mean nought if we can't get the job done. The last few games we have been unlucky with things beyond our control, hopefully all our bad luck is gone and now Karma smiles on us like it did last weekend.

The Fat Lady has not appeared yet and hopefully Security will keep her from stalking the Cowboys.

Last edited:

crayne07

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Well, if their is going to be a Peaking it started with last week's win against the Bye. --- They did it in a cakewalk and hardly got out of bed. ---

The results all went our way and now it will all be for nought if the boys cannot beat the Roosters. They also have the benefit of knowing the results of
some of the games that have a big bearing on how their season is being defined.

This is the State of Play and the results that will make our charge just a bit easier.

13th. Cowboys 14 points ---- Roosters. ( Cowboys )
10th. Panthers 16 points ---- Titans ( Titans )
9th. Tigers 16 points ----- Eels ( Tigers )
8th. Sharks 16 points ----- Storm ( Storm )
7th. Eels 18 points ----- Tigers ( Tigers )
6th. Knights 18 points ------ Bulldogs ( Bulldogs )
5th Manly 20 points ----- Souths ( Souths )
4th Raiders 20 points ------ Dragons ( Dragons )

The teams in brackets winning will provide oxygen for us for a bit longer, but it will mean nought if we can't get the job done. The last few games we have been unlucky with things beyond our control, hopefully all our bad luck is gone and now Karma smiles on us like it did last weekend.

The Fat Lady has not appeared yet and hopefully Security will keep her from stalking the Cowboys.
Obviously there was f... all security at ANZ on Wednesday night...............

Both Karma and the Fat Lady snuck past "He Ah Largebru" the Kiwi bouncer..........

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Cowboy Pete

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
STATE OF PLAY

1 Win, .Bulldogs

1 Loss .Titans

So far so good.

Just need you Heathens to keep praying that the Sharks get rolled. I know their are a few Clapping for them to win.

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
No way in this universe are the nrl going to let the sharks ruin the Cam Smith benefit game.
Think your safe

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Cowboy Pete

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Souths Win

State of Play

2 wins ------ 1 loss.

. Now for the Storm to put the Sharks to the sword.

Last edited:

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
At least Tedesco is out against us. He is the best fullback of all time. I can't believe people were calling for Ponga to be selected as 1 for Australia ahead of him.

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
At least Tedesco is out against us. He is the best fullback of all time. I can't believe people were calling for Ponga to be selected as 1 for Australia ahead of him.
Alright let's take it easy...

Prince Ernst of Hanover

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Who would like to see my greatest fullbacks of all time rankings?

Anyway, the best I have seen were Lockyer and Inglis. Both these guys moved from fullback to help their team in other areas. They were on fire in their younger days. Unfortunately Inglis had to bulk up to play in the front line. Goodness knows what he would have done if he had stayed at fullback and stayed lean. That guy could motor. His bulking up may have contributed to later injuries.

Chemicalspill

Bench Warmer
Donor
Reaction score
I'd go with Billy atm. Just as much for the stuff he does off the ball. Just have to listen to him in commentary, he knows his stuff.

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Whose better? Slater? Maybe Lockyer if he's considered to be a fb
Teddy has a long way to go to match what Slater did. Better judges than me say Langlands is the best player ever let alone fullback

Bongohead667

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
As a support player and runner, Teddy is one of the best. But he's no playmaker so he's not on the same level as Slater, Lockyer and Inglis.