Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

IS MICHAEL MORGAN INJURED

Metro

First Grader
Reaction score
Too laid back maybe. I noticed Munster made Fox Sports' list of best five eighth's of the modern era. I haven't rated their lists lately but it stings a bit as the two were often compared in the past and unfortunately Munster has come out on top.

Morgo had the world at his feet a couple of years ago. He was starting for Australia and had all the media hype behind him. It was his wave to ride, but he just didn't go to that next level. Injuries certainly haven't helped his cause but when he has been on the field he hasn't come close to replicating what he did in 2017.

Was hoping he'd get have a big year this season but who really knows.. It's a strange year with the pandemic and will probably take a while for him to regain his confidence when he returns from injury.
Munster has an incredible competitiveness on the field. You have the respect that.

Morgo needs to lift big time.

Chapdog

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
Im all for Clifford.. once he knows he owns the 7 jersey his mental game will be stronger. Drinky at 5/8 is a given and the type of player i think we need there. He reminds me more of Munster then any other 5/8... might be a storm thing.

Morgo at center and captain and he can call for the ball if he wants..

Green can coach the local under 6's and be happy knowing he will have the same players for the next 10+ years and never have to change.

Chapdog

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
It will be years of rebuilding until some one grows some balls and makes the tough decisions

Winning by just 2 points during the year wont help you come finals time.

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Im all for Clifford.. once he knows he owns the 7 jersey his mental game will be stronger. Drinky at 5/8 is a given and the type of player i think we need there. He reminds me more of Munster then any other 5/8... might be a storm thing.

Morgo at center and captain and he can call for the ball if he wants..

Green can coach the local under 6's and be happy knowing he will have the same players for the next 10+ years and never have to change.
Murray and Henry gave JT and Mango a lot of freedom to play the game as they see it. JT had that leverage over Green to play his own way because he was already a superstar and the alpha male of the team.

Green needs to stop micromanaging our halves and let them play the game, learn the game and grow in confidence. All his micromanaging is only making the team play worse.

Billythefish

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
It will be years of rebuilding until some one grows some balls and makes the tough decisions

Winning by just 2 points during the year wont help you come finals time.
Until we sort out our cap I think we will struggle. We have blokes on huge money and long contracts who don't offer any more than blokes on nowhere near the same kind of deals. Shane Wright and Hess spring to mind.

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Until we sort out our cap I think we will struggle. We have blokes on huge money and long contracts who don't offer any more than blokes on nowhere near the same kind of deals. Shane Wright and Hess spring to mind.
I am surprised you didn't mention Cooper and Granville, or was that implied?

I get that McLean was supposed to be a good signing, and many praised the club for it. But I am always suspicious about signing forwards from the Storm. Many of them go to other clubs, and are not the same player without the influence of Bellamy and Smith.

We shouldn't have rushed to give Thurston's money to Morgo on the back of only half a season of good footy. Morgo is a Townsville boy, and was going nowhere anyway.

Billythefish

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
I am surprised you didn't mention Cooper and Granville, or was that implied?

I get that McLean was supposed to be a good signing, and many praised the club for it. But I am always suspicious about signing forwards from the Storm. Many of them go to other clubs, and are not the same player without the influence of Bellamy and Smith.

We shouldn't have rushed to give Thurston's money to Morgo on the back of only half a
I just named the first player that sprang to mind!

We have a fair few though, and i agree about how we paid too much for Morgo based on that incredible run of form. There is no doubt though we have way too much money tied up in the likes of Hampton, Jussy, Mclean, Granville, Cooper, Hess and Morgan ( probably through Mcguire in there as well ). In the scheme of things, we wouldnt be losing much, if anything at all if we had Hamiso, Cotter, Opacic, Dunn and Hola in our 17 instead of some of the blokes i mentioned. The balance is just all wrong for me. We really only have Jase who is worth his big contract.

Spacey

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score

“I am back running and doing weights and everything. At the moment it is feeling good (but) it is very slow to start with,” Morgan told Nine’s Sunday Footy Show.

“I will probably miss the first three, maybe four weeks. There is no real set date on it.

“If I can get back earlier I will try to do that – I will just see how it goes.”

Metro

First Grader
Reaction score

“I am back running and doing weights and everything. At the moment it is feeling good (but) it is very slow to start with,” Morgan told Nine’s Sunday Footy Show.

“I will probably miss the first three, maybe four weeks. There is no real set date on it.

“If I can get back earlier I will try to do that – I will just see how it goes.”
He sounds pumped to play this season ...