Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

IS MICHAEL MORGAN INJURED

Prince Ernst of Hanover

First Grader
Reaction score
I don't know if he is injured.

I do know that I have not seen him show the pace that he did a few years back. Not sure when he was last running at top pace. 2015? 2016 or 2017? Anyone know?

Bass Player

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
Last time he was running at full speed, and it was blistering, was the year he played fullback and was utterly brilliant at it. That was also the last time he was consistently good for us. A few good games at the end of 2017 just doesn't cut it.

He has not worth the money in the halves, let alone the opportunity cost of persisting with him there when he's better elsewhere and others are better in the halves.

Now all the injuries. I'm over Morgo. Play him in the centres or piss him off.

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
It feels like Morgo hasn't been fit since 2017.
That Drinkwater interview I posted earlier today also mentioned he had a hamstring injury in pre-season too so he was probably underdone before this anyway.

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Last time he was running at full speed, and it was blistering, was the year he played fullback and was utterly brilliant at it. That was also the last time he was consistently good for us. A few good games at the end of 2017 just doesn't cut it.

He has not worth the money in the halves, let alone the opportunity cost of persisting with him there when he's better elsewhere and others are better in the halves.

Now all the injuries. I'm over Morgo. Play him in the centres or piss him off.
Smart footy clubs wouldn't overpay somebody for half a season of marquee level footy. The Raiders made a huge mistake with Campese. We might possibly have made a similar mistake with Morgo.

Donelec

Qld Cup Player
Donor
Reaction score
Green confirms shoulder clean out. Miss a few weeks. Cowboys site

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Here's the interview:

"He'll probably miss the start of the year, he won't be ready on the 28th May but he'll only miss a few weeks"

Jagjaxon

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
It'll be interesting to see a clifford/drinky combo. They worked well in nines, hopefully it translates over

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
It'll be interesting to see a clifford/drinky combo. They worked well in nines, hopefully it translates over
Who is captain now? It should be Jase, but they will probably make it McLean as he is already vice captain.

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
So Clifford comes in and absolutely crushes it... what then? Interesting dilemma for Green. I'm keen to see this play out and I hope Jake takes his opportunity.

Prince Ernst of Hanover

First Grader
Reaction score
I also wondered how Jason suddenly became a great leader?

Some people seem to automatically assume that if someone is a good player, then he/she is automatically a good leader. What if he doesn't even want the captaincy?

Stido

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
I think it will be McLean(C), Cooper(VC).

Chapdog

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
I hope Clifford pulls this off big time. Clifford and Drinky have prob worked together, trainined together all off season and prob knows each other’s game.
They maybe what we need.

and morgo to centre

Spacey

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I hope Clifford pulls this off big time. Clifford and Drinky have prob worked together, trainined together all off season and prob knows each other’s game.
They maybe what we need.

and morgo and Hess to centre
fixed

Stido

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Big Dig will get there. Just needs time.