Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

How did you become a fan

Cowboy Pete

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Dad went for Broncos, Mum went for Cowboys.

I'm a shit stirrer so revving up the old boy seemed to be on the cards at the time and I've never looked back.
A few years ago my daughter and I went to a Broncos vs Cowboys game. Sitting in front of us was Dad in his Broncos jersey with his blonde four year daughter in a broncos jersey, Maroon and Gold war paint and with Maroon and Gold sausage balloons through her long hair. She looked gorgeous and Dad was rightly proud of his little darling.

Next to them was Mum and her six year old brother proudly wearing a Cowboys jersey. A real family feud.

Then the Cowboys ran onto the field and she looked and then said to her Mum. " Mum, is it too late to change to the Cowboys "

The Broncos Dad, head dropped, he was devastated.

donuts

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
I moved from Scotland to Sydney in late 2004. Even though i followed Rugby and watched the occasional English Rugby league Final back home,I knew nothing about the NRL.

When the 2005 season started my friends urged me to support the roosters or souths. Souths were shit and rooster fans were mostly arrogant w*nkers so i said i would take my time in choosing a team.

Then one Friday night at home cowboys v bulldogs came on tv. I had never seen rugby played the way the cowboys did. I was in awe and fell in love with the cowboys straight away. Then carl webb scored that 60m try and it was sealed.... Cowboys were my team

I long for the days that we play rugby the way we did back then.....

Last edited:

Metro

First Grader
Reaction score
I moved from Scotland to Sydney in late 2004. Even though i followed Rugby and watched the occasional English Rugby league Final back home,I knew nothing about the NRL.

When the 2005 season started my friends urged me to support the roosters or souths. Souths were shit and rooster fans were mostly arrogant w*nkers so i said i would take my time in choosing a team.

Then one Friday night at home cowboys v bulldogs came on tv. I had never seen rugby played the way the cowboys did. I was in awe and fell in love with the cowboys straight away. Then when carl webb scored that 60m try and it was sealed.... Cowboys were my team

That try used to be on YouTube. I have been trying to find it. Quite an amazing effort by Webb. It was his first home game for us I believe. Anyone at that game? Crowd must have gone off.

Rudi

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Yes, I was at that game. Points to note;
* Webb’s try
* Torrential downpour right on halftime, came from nowhere, lasted about 10minutes.
* Rod Jensen cover defending, try saving tackle on Matt Utai(I think).
* Cowboys win, JT’s first as a Cowboy

Prince Ernst of Hanover

First Grader
Reaction score
I was also at that game. Very heavy downpour at one stage.

* I was extremely disappointed when I saw the Webb try. He had at least one unmarked support player and he took on the defender instead. The crowd went wild but alarm bells started ringing for me.
* Rod Jensen cover tackle was right in front of me. We needed that cover tackle in the 2005 grand final. He got fended off for the crucial Tiger's try.

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Yes, I was at that game. Points to note;
* Webb’s try
* Torrential downpour right on halftime, came from nowhere, lasted about 10minutes.
* Rod Jensen cover defending, try saving tackle on Matt Utai(I think).
* Cowboys win, JT’s first as a Cowboy
To me, it was more than JT's first win as a Cowboy. I knew then and there we had a star on our hands.

Metro

First Grader
Reaction score
I was also at that game. Very heavy downpour at one stage.

* I was extremely disappointed when I saw the Webb try. He had at least one unmarked support player and he took on the defender instead. The crowd went wild but alarm bells started ringing for me.
* Rod Jensen cover tackle was right in front of me. We needed that cover tackle in the 2005 grand final. He got fended off for the crucial Tiger's try.
Mate who cares. That fend was awesome. Pushed Patten into outer space.

Rudi

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
The vision is worth finding, not for the fend, not for the 60m run, but for Carl Webb’s hairstyle. Looked like it was straight out of the Stuart Prison Barbershop

Cowboy Pete

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score

Then one Friday night at home cowboys v bulldogs came on tv. I had never seen rugby played the way the cowboys did. I was in awe and fell in love with the cowboys straight away. Then carl webb scored that 60m try and it was sealed.... Cowboys were my team

Need more Webb.

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Need more Webb.
My favourite Carl Webb memory. The night after dominating Bailey in origin, he is back in Townsville at a Douglas fish and chips shop. While waiting for his fish and chips, he is downing a chocolate flavoured milk. That is as Carl Webb as it gets :)