Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Forum housekeeping

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Hello folks. As we go into the new season just wanted to put out some really basic ground rules in an effort to be transparent and keep things moving along in a civil way. Moderators have generally been hands-off for the most part on this site (doubly so in the off-season) and we would much prefer to keep it that way but there have definitely been some occasions where people have crossed a line.

With that said, we'd ask that you read over and keep the below in mind so we are all on the same page about what is and isn't ok to post moving forward:

Things that will be moved to the Rubbish Tip
- Attempts to derail a thread with repeated off-topic or bait posts
- Spamming multiple posts about the same topic in a short span of time
- Personal arguments between users

Things that will get your post deleted
- Direct personal abuse of others, including members of this site and players or staff of the Cowboys
- Posts that are potentially libelous

Things that will get you banned
- Not making an effort to follow the above

I'll leave the thread open for a little bit in case there are any questions but this should be pretty straightforward and the vast majority of us aren't making these kind of posts anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spacey

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Libelous... learnt a new word today

Metro

First Grader
Reaction score
Hello folks. As we go into the new season just wanted to put out some really basic ground rules in an effort to be transparent and keep things moving along in a civil way. Moderators have generally been hands-off for the most part on this site (doubly so in the off-season) and we would much prefer to keep it that way but there have definitely been some occasions where people have crossed a line.

With that said, we'd ask that you read over and keep the below in mind so we are all on the same page about what is and isn't ok to post moving forward:

Things that will be moved to the Rubbish Tip
- Attempts to derail a thread with repeated off-topic or bait posts
- Spamming multiple posts about the same topic in a short span of time
- Personal arguments between users

Things that will get your post deleted
- Direct personal abuse of other users
- Posts that are potentially libelous

Things that will get you banned
- Not making an effort to follow the above

I'll leave the thread open for a little bit in case there are any questions but this should be pretty straightforward and the vast majority of us aren't making these kind of posts anyway.
Funny mate. There’s a bunch of Jax’s posts still up that are of an extremely profane and abusive nature.

If you’re not going to act consistently and in accordance with these rules, then why bother even posting them?

May as well just say that you give certain posters special treatment rather than acting like you fairly act in accordance with these rules. At least then you would be transparent.

Just some food for thought. Have a great week. Up the Cowboys.

P.S Libel doesn’t exist as a term anymore. It’s just defamation.

Last edited:

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Funny mate. There’s a bunch of Jax’s posts still up that are of an extremely profane and abusive nature.

If you’re not going to act consistently and in accordance with these rules, then why bother even posting them?

May as well just say that you give certain posters special treatment rather than acting like you fairly act in accordance with these rules. At least then you would be transparent.

Just some food for thought. Have a great week. Up the Cowboys.

P.S Libel doesn’t exist as a term anymore. It’s just defamation.
Jax's posts are what brought this on. And it won't be tolerated moving forward.

I have neither the time nor inclination to comb back and delete posts along these lines from the past but hoping we can draw a line in the sand and move forward with these standards in mind.

Metro

First Grader
Reaction score
Jax's posts are what brought this on. And it won't be tolerated moving forward.

I have neither the time nor inclination to comb back and delete posts along these lines from the past but hoping we can draw a line in the sand and move forward with these standards in mind.
Ok. That’s a reasonable position. Thanks for your response.

Last edited:

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
So we're now 3 weeks away from the season starting back up again. During this whole situation things have gotten a bit messy in terms of adhering to the above so sorry about that. I (and I'm sure everyone really) have had bigger fish to fry so haven't been deleting or moving some posts that might have ordinarily warranted it.

So moving forward hoping we can again agree to keep the above ground rules in mind. The Off-Topic forum and Rubbish Tip exist for discussion unrelated to footy.

It would also be great if you had a look before creating a new thread to see if one exists on the same topic as some of the threads have become a bit muddled recently. I will do some post shuffling to try and tidy it up a bit this afternoon.

Please use the report function or @ one of the mods if needed. I will definitely be around here more now that there is actual footy to discuss. Unlocked for the weekend for any input from you guys about anything you would like to see done differently. Thanks guys and carn the Cowboys.

Bass Player

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
Yeah, this virus has been all-pervading. It's related to almost any topic!