Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Former Cowboys Watch

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Has Kikau got a run in any of Penrith's trials..?

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
As I live in Canberra, I might be able to inform how Santo is going if/when he plays for Canberra or the Mounties.

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
As I live in Canberra, I might be able to inform how Santo is going if/when he plays for Canberra or the Mounties.
Have you always lived in Canberra or are an expat NQLDER?
I used to go for the raiders pre brisbane entry to arl & then jumped on cowboys wagon in 96 seeing how i live in mackay.
couple of years ago went reef fishing with Steve Jackson ('89 gf hero.... well so he says ) & he had some great tales of those days.
Curious if you an ACT native how you come to support a nq team?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
SMH are reporting Curtis Rona to Super Rugby.

I think that's a terrible shame, he would be playing for QLD if he never left the Cowboys

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Have you always lived in Canberra or are an expat NQLDER?
I used to go for the raiders pre brisbane entry to arl & then jumped on cowboys wagon in 96 seeing how i live in mackay.
couple of years ago went reef fishing with Steve Jackson ('89 gf hero.... well so he says ��) & he had some great tales of those days.
Curious if you an ACT native how you come to support a nq team?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
I was born and bred in Townsville and barely missed a home game ever (I'd skip things with the friends and ladies for the footy). I then moved to Canberra (post JCU) in 2008, but I did have a short stint in Townsville again in 2011-12 before returning back to Canberra permanently.

If the job opportunities where there, I would move home in an instant. I miss the family, and I miss watching the boys live.

Cowboy_4_Life

Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Rona officially headed back to Perth - signed with the Western Force

Cowboy Pete

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Rona...the 7 games he's given Bulldogs-maybe was worth throwing more cabbage at...on track to be top tryscorer at end of year if plays most games...ouch
how is Anthony Watts going in comeback or not...
Segs ofcourse...don't think he wood be a halves fave but lol...going on his runs when they have a play set up like
Couldn't help myself.

#CowboyDavid

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score

ausmojo

First Grader
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Travis Burns returning to Aus and going to play for Wynnum Manly

RHINO

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
last time i saw watts on the gc cop show and he was sitting on his couch but naked

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
He used to be one of fave players... But then my besties lived next-door to him in Townsville, and I changed my view quickly.

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Zac Santo scored for Mounties in their grand final on Sunday...

Cowboy_4_Life

Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Thread revival for this gem

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/former-nrl-star-anthony-watts-charged-with-intimidating-elderly-man-and-police-pursuit/news-story/4dba6493f665b9ac8e2ef514e21961d8

Classic Wattsy, still keeping it real....

Former NRL star Anthony Watts charged with intimidating elderly man and police pursuit

DAVID MEDDOWS, EXCLUSIVE, The Daily Telegraph
November 25, 2016 9:41am

FORMER rugby league player Anthony Watts has been charged with assaulting and intimidating an elderly man before taking police on a high speed chase on the state’s far north coast yesterday.

Watts, 30, is accused of threatening the 73-year-old man at a business in South Murwillumbah about 3.30pm before fleeing the scene in a Holden Monaro, which was spotted by police more than two hours later.

Officers attempted to pull Watts over but he fled and managed to lose police after a four minute pursuit on Tweed Valley Way.

The former North Queensland Cowboys player was eventually arrested just before 8pm and charged with assault, intimidation, malicious damage and dangerous driving.

He was refused bail and is due to appear before Byron Bay Local Court today.

Watts began his NRL career at the Sharks in 2007 where he played five games before joining the Cowboys in 2008.

He played 45 games for the Townsville-based club before signing a three-year deal with the Roosters.

But Watts was allegedly involved in an incident while out with teammate Todd Carney and the pair were suspended indefinitely.

Watts never played a game for the Roosters and eventually headed to England to play for Widnes.

Injury meant he only played one game for the club and despite signing an extension for another season, he headed back to Australia for personal reasons.

He then changed his focus to boxing.

Things were looking good when he won his first fight in under a minute, but when he came up against Sharks captain Paul Gallen in December 2014, things didn’t go his way.

Half way into the opening round Watts’ shoulder popped out and the fight was stopped with Gallen the TKO winner.

Last edited:

JT_Fan

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
I hope Wattsy wakes up to himself after he comes out of jail (going to go for a while this time). He's heading on a path towards death. It's really sad as he showed a lot of promise for us.

There were a lot of games where we were losing badly and Anthony was still trying his guts out. I really rated him as a player.

He needs to find the discipline that enabled him to become a pro footy player and apply it towards something positive. He's only 30 and can turn it around if he wants.

Last edited:

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
He didnt look out of place alongside Jt n Mango

sounds like hes on "the gear"

JT_Fan

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
He didnt look out of place alongside Jt n Mango

sounds like hes on "the gear"
He had ability. He used to break the line a lot from dummy half. Have to have something to do that at NRL level.

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I vaguely remember he either scored or set-up a try which involved the sort of brilliance we've only really seen from the likes of JT and Mango. I think it involved a chip over the top but it was awesome. So much skill involved.

For such a dynamic sort of player it's pretty crazy how he's just a big juiced up fat dude these days.

JT_Fan

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
I vaguely remember he either scored or set-up a try which involved the sort of brilliance we've only really seen from the likes of JT and Mango. I think it involved a chip over the top but it was awesome. So much skill involved.

For such a dynamic sort of player it's pretty crazy how he's just a big juiced up fat dude these days.
He was a gun player with a lot of potential. When he left the Cowboys he was only 23-24. No doubt he has always had big personal problems.

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score

yeah i remember that play...it was excellent play