Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Former Cowboys Watch

LoloMolo

L
Tough seeing Jarome Hughes put on a clinic today when we’ve got a flop of a 7 on 1 mil a season.

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
The club was once really high on Tuala. It's a shame things didn't work out for him with the club.

Enari was a bit of a teaser on the field. He would give these small glimpses of what his best could look like at the NRL level. But he didn't show the impact he did in the 20s.

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Be good to see if Tuala n KP can strike a combo
They already did have a combo in the 20s.

I am a bit over the KP hype now. His dad is treating him like a brand and bigger than the game of league (and soon union).

I wish him well because he's still a decent kid. But I am over the hype, and never liked Newcastle (because of their alcohol/drug culture and one-eyed fans).

Metro

First Grader
Reaction score
Tough seeing Jarome Hughes put on a clinic today when we’ve got a flop of a 7 on 1 mil a season.
It’s all Cameron Smith and Bellamy’s systems. Don’t be fooled. Hughes is just a system player. Would look mediocre at any other club.

LoloMolo

L
It’s all Cameron Smith and Bellamy’s systems. Don’t be fooled. Hughes is just a system player. Would look mediocre at any other club.
Disagree. As a halfback you’ve still got to be good enough to create and take chances on offer, which he is. Same can’t be said for our million dollar captain.

Did you watch the game yesterday? Hughes was best on ground. He’s developed into a very good footballer. It’s at a point now where they’re actually favouring going right in attack to Hughes, than going left over to Munster.

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Hughes has hardly made a mistake since with the Storm.
He displayed his ability at the Cowboys.

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Disagree. As a halfback you’ve still got to be good enough to create and take chances on offer, which he is. Same can’t be said for our million dollar captain.

Did you watch the game yesterday? Hughes was best on ground. He’s developed into a very good footballer. It’s at a point now where they’re actually favouring going right in attack to Hughes, than going left over to Munster.
Here is us: The forwards (excluding Jase) make no ground. It's the 5th tackle. Granville delivers a slow pass to Morgo. The defence is rushing up on him. He puts up the bomb after some initial indecisiveness. The Cowboys achieve nothing out of another set....

Last edited:

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Hughes was ice cool and patient in setting up his kicks to Vunivalu.
Very smart in attack, always threatening to do something for the team.
If he was at your club you'd have to find a spot for him.

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
I watched it last night bra.

He is a good young man.
It's quite sad the way his dad's marketing, and influence over his son's career, has brought about a lot of negative headlines. It puts me off just as much as anybody else. But you only need to hear KP talk for a few seconds to know he is a really good person. His dad also is not a bad bloke either, even if his behaviour can be a bit annoying.

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I like KP and Andre show.
Andre might get his son million $ contract (if the game continues as was)
Media does alot of great marketing for K

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
I like KP and Andre show.
Andre might get his son million $ contract (if the game continues as was)
Media does alot of great marketing for K
But Andre gets his son a lot of bad press... probably needs to less his son make some of his own decisions too...

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Joey is a fan of Clifford and a fan of Drinkwater 1 Holmes 5 Morgan 6 Clifford 7
Freddy said Morgan great centre.