Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Former Cowboys Watch

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
The following is from an article about the titans new coach.

Is this a subtle dig by Coote, seems Theon wasn't the only one who left on bad terms

“Justin is the greatest coach I’ve had,” Coote said from the UK.

“I’ve been lucky in my career to work with some outstanding coaches but Justin is on another level.

“I’ve spoken to some of the St Helens boys who have been here for 10 years. They’ve had a number of coaches and they say Justin is the best they’ve had, so that’s an indication of how popular he is.”

“The big thing for me is Justin’s honesty and integrity with the players."

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Lol. I can taste those sour grapes from here

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Was disappointed we lost Mago but we gained Molo at around the same time and that has turned out pretty well I think

Metro

First Grader
Reaction score
Was disappointed we lost Mago but we gained Molo at around the same time and that has turned out pretty well I think
Molo is twice as good as Mago, if not three times as good.

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
With the improvement Molo has made, we may have even got the better of exchange (not that it was necessarily an exchange/transfer).

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
The move to Brisbane didn't work out well for Mago.
Lowe has performed well since moving to Souths..might happen for Mago too-pec tear injury in last trial though

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
The move to Brisbane didn't work out well for Mago.
Lowe has performed well since moving to Souths..might happen for Mago too-pec tear injury in last trial though
It might have had to do with Seibold.

Tunza

Bench Warmer
Reaction score

Enari Tuala secures contract extension

The nib Newcastle Knights are pleased to announce the contract extension of centre Enari Tuala for a further season.
Having linked with the Club only three months ago on a 12-month deal, the 21-year-old has wasted little time impressing.

So much so, his hard work and positive attitude has been rewarded with a new contract.

“Enari has x-factor,” Recruitment Manager Alex McKinnon said.

“He has a great ability to break the line. He’s extremely balanced when he runs and through contact but most of all, he is also a lovely person.

“Enari joined the Club in November with an elite background.

“He debuted at a really young age and he came here for an opportunity and took it.”

Still only 21, the 96 kilo, 188 centimetre centre has a wealth of potential.

A former North Queensland Cowboy, Tuala made his NRL debut back in 2017 and has made 18 appearances in the top grade across three seasons.
Having secured Tuala until at least the end of 2021, the Knights believe the 2018 Prime Minister's XIII representative has his best football ahead of him.

He has excelled in every aspect, on the field and off the field since arriving at the Club,” McKinnon continued.

“It’s a credit to everyone involved in the NRL program. Enari has taken his opportunity and been extended as a result. We are all excited for what the future holds.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I knew Greeny burned him. Glad he's getting a shot because he was treated like shit by the Cows.

Metro

First Grader
Reaction score

Enari Tuala secures contract extension

The nib Newcastle Knights are pleased to announce the contract extension of centre Enari Tuala for a further season.
Having linked with the Club only three months ago on a 12-month deal, the 21-year-old has wasted little time impressing.

So much so, his hard work and positive attitude has been rewarded with a new contract.

“Enari has x-factor,” Recruitment Manager Alex McKinnon said.

“He has a great ability to break the line. He’s extremely balanced when he runs and through contact but most of all, he is also a lovely person.

“Enari joined the Club in November with an elite background.

“He debuted at a really young age and he came here for an opportunity and took it.”

Still only 21, the 96 kilo, 188 centimetre centre has a wealth of potential.

A former North Queensland Cowboy, Tuala made his NRL debut back in 2017 and has made 18 appearances in the top grade across three seasons.
Having secured Tuala until at least the end of 2021, the Knights believe the 2018 Prime Minister's XIII representative has his best football ahead of him.

He has excelled in every aspect, on the field and off the field since arriving at the Club,” McKinnon continued.

“It’s a credit to everyone involved in the NRL program. Enari has taken his opportunity and been extended as a result. We are all excited for what the future holds.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I knew Greeny burned him. Glad he's getting a shot because he was treated like shit by the Cows.
How do you know this exactly? It’s more likely he got the kick up the arse that he needed.

Last edited:

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Seemed like Tuala was sent back to Qcup, performed strongly there and didn't get played again in top grade (this is while Hess is centre)
Brandon Smith never even trained with the top squad, when he was here, I think I read.
Ponga exit....Kikau....Hughes..etc...etc
Still think CG didn't burn ET??

Last edited:

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I liked Tuala and was disappointed to see him let go, he had obvious potential. When given chances last year he looked tentative and conservative at times but I think that's just a symptom of how poor we were across the board.

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
We invested in a more experienced talent in Marsters, that is probably the right move by the club there.
But the other centre spot looks up for grabs-Oneil, Opacic, both may not nail the spot.
Tuala did look some time away from being his best, but could start showing it this year.

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Carl Webb has been diagnosed with early onset Motor Neuron Disease

Awful disease, feel for Carl and his family

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
We invested in a more experienced talent in Marsters, that is probably the right move by the club there.
But the other centre spot looks up for grabs-Oneil, Opacic, both may not nail the spot.
Tuala did look some time away from being his best, but could start showing it this year.
I criticised Neil Henry for being conservative with young players, but he was way more risk taking than Paul Green.

Metro

First Grader
Reaction score
Motor Neurone really is an awful disease. There’s nothing good you can really say about it. Feel terrible for Webb.

Metro

First Grader
Reaction score
Tuala is getting a run for the Knights. Good on him for making a go of it down there
It’s a pity he couldn’t find the drive he has obviously taken into his Knights pre-season, prior to getting a kick up the arse by the Cowboys.