Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Former Cowboys Watch

Minto

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Segeyaro is joining the Broncos

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
How fkn weird is it seeing theon in the #3 for souths. That probably epitomizes the differenpce between green & bennett, greeny was perpared to persevere with a badly out of form justin oneil for 2 yrs & bennett puts a back rower into starting centre.
Sadly for green the euphoria of early success with the team concealed his overall coaching ability i fear

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Stido

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
How fkn weird is it seeing theon in the #3 for souths. That probably epitomizes the differenpce between green & bennett, greeny was perpared to persevere with a badly out of form justin oneil for 2 yrs & bennett puts a back rower into starting centre.
Sadly for green the euphoria of early success with the team concealed his overall coaching ability i fear

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
IMO there is more to the story than meets the eye.

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Would you believe Andre Ponga did a players voice article. Last time I checked he wasn't a player. Seems he can't stop living vicariously through his son. I'd be so embarrassed if I had an old man like that.

Has a stab at the Cowboys too.

"A lot has already been said and written about Kalyn’s time at the Cowboys and it’s not the right time to go deep into that here. I want to talk about Kalyn as a person, not the footy player, and suffice to say the Cowboys wasn’t the right place for his development as a person."

Read more at https://www.playersvoice.com.au/andre-ponga-kalyn-beautiful-birthday-speech/2/#2HcXxJvCfv2RydQm.99

nahla

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
@nahla when you going to do your player's voice article?
Think my son lives his own life,as ive stated many times brandon loved his time at cowboys..its a bloody shame it didnt end in topside but again he loved it in townsville...still has real solid mates up there and gets back when he can,last time was for former u20s mates wedding.

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Your son seems like a good young bloke mate. I wish him all the success.

And lol, you can't make this stuff up...

PONGA'S DAD TAKES CHARGE

Ponga is the hottest property in the game and was being chased by many of the game’s leading player managers in recent months.

But in the end, Ponga decided to go with his dad, a Kiwi who moved to Western Australian before Kalyn’s birth and played rugby union there.

Ponga is on a huge contract for a 21-year-old but can potentially make far greater money with third party sponsorship deals, with big companies fighting to get a piece of the Knights superstar.

Reactions: BDR

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Bet he cuts himself a nice fat cheque for his agency services too

Metro

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Kalyn is 21 now. At what age will Andre Ponga stop talking on his adult son’s behalf in the press?

Just embarrassing.

When Kalyn decides to cut the apron strings there is going to be quite the fall out between Dad and son. A father needs to know when to take a step back.

Stido

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
PONGA'S DAD TAKES CHARGE

Ponga is the hottest property in the game and was being chased by many of the game’s leading player managers in recent months.

But in the end, Ponga decided to go with his dad, a Kiwi who moved to Western Australian before Kalyn’s birth and played rugby union there.

Ponga is on a huge contract for a 21-year-old but can potentially make far greater money with third party sponsorship deals, with big companies fighting to get a piece of the Knights superstar.
I feel for the kid. This isn't going to end pretty.

Dream

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
An arrest warrant has been issued for Nene for failing to show up in court again.

His instagram shows he's partying in Italy at the moment.

Metro

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
An arrest warrant has been issued for Nene for failing to show up in court again.

His instagram shows he's partying in Italy at the moment.
Wow. This guy is stupid even for a rugby league player.

Now I can see how he blew his long term job security whilst out with a serious injury.

Minto

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Article from Fox Sports:

Former NRL star Nene Macdonald due to appear in court, posts party pics from Italy instead

Former North Queensland winger Nene Macdonald is scheduled to appear in Townsville Local Court on Wednesday.

However, just five hours ago he was posting videos on Instagram of himself and a group of friends partying in Italy.

Macdonald is scheduled to appear on charges of driving with a disqualified license. Two days after pleading guilty to the offence on June 18 he allegedly crashed a hire vehicle on Magnetic Island.

Last week the Townsville Bulletin revealed Macdonald was caught behind the wheel without a licence in December of 2016 and was due to appear in court the following month but never showed.

A warrant was issued for his arrest but he was only arrested in May this year, more than two years later.

The matter was finalised on June 18 and his licence was disqualified for six months. Two days later he allegedly crashed a hire car on Magnetic Island, leading to the Cowboys releasing him from the remainder of his NRL contract.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/teams/cowboys/former-nrl-star-nene-macdonald-due-to-appear-in-court-posts-party-pics-from-italy-instead/news-story/f274cc302ea0c0a5aec3ea9b89ae7fda

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Dumb behaviour Nene, no club will touch him after this.

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
The following is from an article about the titans new coach.

Is this a subtle dig by Coote, seems Theon wasn't the only one who left on bad terms

“Justin is the greatest coach I’ve had,” Coote said from the UK.

“I’ve been lucky in my career to work with some outstanding coaches but Justin is on another level.

“I’ve spoken to some of the St Helens boys who have been here for 10 years. They’ve had a number of coaches and they say Justin is the best they’ve had, so that’s an indication of how popular he is.”

“The big thing for me is Justin’s honesty and integrity with the players."

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Minto

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Ashton Sims is retiring

Jagjaxon

First Grader
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Ashton Sims is retiring
Great career. Was a huge fan of his in 2014 and was sad to see him go. Glad he continued to kick on when he went to the UK and Toronto