Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Former Cowboys Watch

Cowboy_4_Life

Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I thought it was a 5yr deal with the knights, he mentions he only has 3 more years. Whatever, have fun newwie fans with your star player and his family talking about will-he-wont-he with another code for the next 3 years (or sooner *cough* SBW *cough*)

Mark O Mac

Captain
5 Year Member
Reaction score
It’s not like that’s a big reveal is it? Didn’t we all know that he wanted to be an all black well before he left us?

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I thought it was a 5yr deal with the knights, he mentions he only has 3 more years. Whatever, have fun newwie fans with your star player and his family talking about will-he-wont-he with another code for the next 3 years (or sooner *cough* SBW *cough*)

Wasn't one of the reasons he left was because the Cowboy's didn't help him with his uni work? Lucky he's got talent because he doesn't seem to be too bright. From the GI school of mathematics there it would seem.

Minto

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I think he's under contract until the end of 2021. That'd give him a full year in Union ahead of the 2023 WC...
ALL Blacks coach Steve Hansen has declared New Zealand rugby is interested in recruiting Kalyn Ponga when he comes off contract.

Speaking ahead of the Second Bledisloe Cup Test at Eden Park on Saturday, Hansen admitted he has his eye on the Knights’ fullback as a potential code-hopping superstar.
https://www.news.com.au/sport/rugby/all-blacks-coach-steve-hansen-declares-interest-in-kalyn-ponga/news-story/83415aed49f2ca9a40b5cacdbf9ab864

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Yeah it was a 4 year deal. I'd say he'll definitely be leaving. Will be a Sonny Bill type career hopping back and forward between the two codes.

Minto

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Yeah, wouldn't surprise me if was the Roosters who bring him back like Sonny Bill.

Minto

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Good get for the Capras:

MAJOR 2019 SIGNING – Matthew Wright

Former NRL Manly Sea Eagles Player Matthew Wright has signed with the CQ Capras ISC Squad for 2019!

At just 27, Matthew has 147 NRL Matches + 6 International Matches for Samoa & World All Stars.

The CQ Capras would also like to thank Jeffrey Schwarz from Schwarz Excavations for providing Matthew the opportunity to be the Community Engagement Officer for Schwarz Excavations.

http://www.capras.com.au/2018/11/major-2019-signing-matthew-wright/

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
He was a decent backup for us and Manly I'm surprised he didn't get a squad role somewhere

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Matt Bowen just scored an awesome try for the Barbarians in the Leagues of League.. nice kick through and regather, showed a bit of pace to get outside the fullback.

Cowboy_4_Life

Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Hands down player of the comp. Killing it

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
He was awesome. All class out there.

Prince Ernst of Hanover

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
He was a decent backup for us and Manly I'm surprised he didn't get a squad role somewhere
He was more than decent for us.

He was the starting winger for quite some time. Scored a lot of tries in successive games. Not sure what the record is. Leadership then fiddled around. Lost both him and Rona. Puzzling.

Benchy

Bench Warmer
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
You mean the Cowboys record for most tries in successive games? Come on bro!!!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Nice article. Doesn't surprise me it took 6 police officers to restrain him - the guy was an absolute beast. Was great for us in his time at the club. Seems that wishbone tackle had even more of an effect on him than I'd ever imagined.

I absolutely hated the Tigers during that era - probably got me worked up as much as the Broncos games do these days. It has died down somewhat since we won the comp which is a bit of a shame, was a good rivalry.

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Luke should never have left Townsville.

I think the club (rightly) had to rebuild, and we could not take the risk of having such a high paid player consistently injured or suspended. But I think his life would not have fallen apart like this had he remained up North (imho).