Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Farewell from C4L

Cowboy_4_Life

First Grader
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Hey guys, as you may or may not have realised by now, I haven't been spending any time on this site anymore, and I've decided I'm not going to in the future. Thanks for trusting me with mod privileges the last few seasons. I've met some great friends in real life through these pages, which was the last thing I would have expected 10 years ago (I mean, c'mon... internet friends??) so I'll always be grateful to the OG's of this forum in creating and running it all these years. Sharing our first premiership through these pages is also the best thing ever as a fanatical Cows fan. Best of luck to you all in the future, and this page will be in my mind when we take out the title this year.

Thanks for the good times. Cheers :happy:

We'll always have Round 11, 2015 ;)

C4L

Prince Ernst of Hanover

First Grader
Reaction score
We've lost another one.

Good luck for the future C4L. Thank you for putting up with us.

Last edited:

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
We might all be posting on the fake Stampede fb group soon enough if it keeps going like this

Spacey

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Thanks for all your work C4L.. Damn what's goin on peeps? Personal life, more commitments, or cost of running this forum?

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Thanks for all your work C4L.. Damn what's goin on peeps? Personal life, more commitments, or cost of running this forum?

The Stampede will always be around as long as people post here. The amount of long term members that have left recently is quite alarming though. Beaves is another and IanC was talking about leaving as well. Not good.

This place has been around for a long time.. I've been posting here since I was a teenager. It's been so long I find it hard to imagine being a Cowboys fan and not having the Stampede to vent on after a loss it celebrate after a win.

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
Cowboy4Life, That's a good forum name.......can I have it .

Seriously though thanks for the contributions

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Ianc

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
This place isn’t what it used to be and a few of us don’t want what it has become. It’s as simple as that.

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
This place isn’t what it used to be and a few of us don’t want what it has become. It’s as simple as that.

Well I honestly don't know what to do to make it better. People complain about members so we ban them and next minute the place is dead for weeks.

We've had a couple of lean seasons so hopefully a bit of success on field can result in an influx of new members.

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Take care Cboy4life-we have been buddies for many years now..I and others remember that short film you made about me, with the coffee cup.

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Well I honestly don't know what to do to make it better. People complain about members so we ban them and next minute the place is dead for weeks.

We've had a couple of lean seasons so hopefully a bit of success on field can result in an influx of new members.

2018 was a tough season for many of our fans. From pre-season premiership favourites to narrowly avoiding a wooden spoon. Watching some of our greatest ever age a few years in an offseason. Watching some of our best leaders argue with referees in total frustration etc. Having the league's most promising junior in Coen Hess turn into a player we now have serious questions about. Then watching this all happen all over again in 2019 without the ability to attribute it to JT and Thumper (who sadly copped a lot of blame in 2018). A lot of that regrettably spilled over to the Forum here.

Fortunately for us, we might be slowly turning a corner, and get back to playing some good footy. Not winning premierships but very competitive. Oh, and there's a silver lining... we aren't the Broncos right now lol

Hopefully we start winning regularly, and all the old timers start returning back in mass numbers. I am excited about the prospect of getting Hamiso, Gilbert and some other good young players into our season over the next 1-3 years.

Last edited:

Jax

Origin Rep
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
f***, am I being pushed out here!!! :) There is no old codgers left.

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Whatever happened to Napoli? I swear I haven't heard from the guy in years, but I have my suspicious he is here posting under a new identity or two lol

Jax

Origin Rep
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Whatever happened to Napoli? I swear I haven't heard from the guy in years, but I have my suspicious he is here posting under a new identity or two lol
From memory, he was banned, then rejoined and was quickly identified and either rage quit or banned again.