Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Essential self-isolation supplies

Rudi

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Clint Amos. An absolute star in the Queensland Cup. For whatever reason, he never cut it at the nrl level.
Absolute top bloke.
Pretty sure he was in Young Guns team that won comp.
I think he has moved back to the Goldie.

Metro

First Grader
Reaction score
Anthony Watts wasn’t a bad player at the Cowboys. He was actually pretty talented. He provided a fair bit of spark out of dummy half and often broke the line. Maybe a bit of a selfish player in that he didn’t like to pass the ball but you could never fault his effort.

jhack13

Captain
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Clint Amos. An absolute star in the Queensland Cup. For whatever reason, he never cut it at the nrl level.
I remember watching a game for the Cutters one year - maybe 2011 - and he absolutely carved up... made everyone else look a level below

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Watts showed promise to me when on the field..couldn't cut it as a pro footy player for whatever reasons and that's ok.
Any player that makes it to NRL or reserve grade has some respect from me.

Did you guys see Slater put Carl Webb in his best Qld team.
I liked Webb alot too. We were throwing the ball around alot in the time he was playing, you knew he was going to try and offload, sometimes I would think why aren't our players ready for it and mistake came from it.

Prince Ernst of Hanover

First Grader
Reaction score
What about that time he failed to take the two points in 2010. Quick tap and we got a try instead. Some people were not happy about that.

Prince Ernst of Hanover

First Grader
Reaction score
What about that time he failed to take the two points in 2010. Quick tap and we got a try instead. Some people were not happy about that.
Just in case people don't remember what I am referring to.

I was saddened to hear about Ryan Tandy. Ryan was found dead after a suspected drug overdose in 2014. He was only 32.
Screen Shot 2020-05-01 at 7.39.04 am.png

Last edited:

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
It always gave me great satisfaction that we f****d it up and scored a try instead

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Anthony Watts wasn’t a bad player at the Cowboys. He was actually pretty talented. He provided a fair bit of spark out of dummy half and often broke the line. Maybe a bit of a selfish player in that he didn’t like to pass the ball but you could never fault his effort.
Unless he was in a bit of trouble at the club, I was a bit disappointed he bolted to the Roosters. Hindsight says good riddance.

Rudi

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Let’s just say he was in a fair bit of trouble at the club, and placed himself in the high maintenance too hard basket.
He definitely lived up to his off-field potential, thankfully after he left our club.

Metro

First Grader
Reaction score
Let’s just say he was in a fair bit of trouble at the club, and placed himself in the high maintenance too hard basket.
He definitely lived up to his off-field potential, thankfully after he left our club.
Yeah. That goes without saying. But he definitely was talented.

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
I am then surprised that the Roosters didn't do their due diligence particularly well.

Metro

First Grader
Reaction score
Why? The Roosters have a history of signing talented players with bad character. Todd Carney, Blake Ferguson, Zane Tetevano.

Bass Player

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
See the NRL poll for best 2nd Rower is up. Those pricks are desperate to exclude QLD players from this team. Just ONE candidate from Queensland and Gordy's still beating the shit out of those cockroach bastards. Geez I f***ing hate NSW and the NRL's bias towards them.

Tell your children! Maintain the rage! Vote for Gordy!

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
See the NRL poll for best 2nd Rower is up. Those pricks are desperate to exclude QLD players from this team. Just ONE candidate from Queensland and Gordy's still beating the shit out of those cockroach bastards. Geez I f***ing hate NSW and the NRL's bias towards them.

Tell your children! Maintain the rage! Vote for Gordy!

I wouldn't have Hindmarsh or Cordner on that list.

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score

Give it a crack. I got 120/130 - missed one obvious one that cost me a few points but otherwise not too bad

Jagjaxon

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score

Give it a crack. I got 120/130 - missed one obvious one that cost me a few points but otherwise not too bad
Would've got about 128/130 if it weren't for my horrendous spelling. Forgot about Pangai and wright

Couldn't spell Kostjaysn, Reithmuller and Oppacic