Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Essential self-isolation supplies

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Inspired by the great highlights vids shared earlier in the week I thought we could get a thread for sharing Cowboys or footy-related videos to fill the sports-shaped hole in our weekends. Here's some I have saved from Youtube but feel free to share from the NRL.com archives or anywhere else.

2015 Season Review DVD:
This is the official DVD put out by the NRL in commemoration of the premiership winning season. Contains some epic highlights from that year.

2016 World Club Challenge vs Leeds Rhinos (full match)

2015 Round 13 Eels vs Cowboys (full match)

This is the famous 'comeback game' in full

2014 Auckland 9s Grand Final

2007 Round 4 Cowboys vs Tigers (full match)

Another famous comeback, this time led by Matty Bowen

Spacey

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Cheers, should be good on big screen with a few beers

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
On a different note, Nine's youtube channel put out this vid with JT, Lockyer & Slater talking about the Maroons domination of 2006 onwards

Rudi

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up, I’ll give it a watch.

I remember Lockys victory speech when holding up the trophy after winning in 06 - which was after 3 straight years of NSW victory.

‘For the people of QLD you’ve had to wait a while, but for the next 12 months this is yours’

Only criticism was he should have said the next 96 months.

Reactions: BDR

Donelec

Qld Cup Player
Donor
Reaction score
Thanks for these links Gradually working my way thru them despite “you watching footy again?” Apparently I’m supposed to be doing a jigsaw puzzle - no jigsaw ever gave me goose bumps like Matty Bowen & co

Metro

First Grader
Reaction score
Watching highlights of the 11 game winning streak from 2015 was fun. Thanks.

Reactions: BDR

Chapdog

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
What happen to Granville was one of the best hookers in the game 2015 used to Love to run the ball..Now I wouldn’t even have him run the canteen

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Was new to the other players, teams, defences, was at his peak....running game glossed over other areas.
Robson and Cotter are what the fans want to see at the end of the year at least.
Hopefully league start up again soon.
Racing is no.1 for me, but league is a close 2nd

Blow by Blow

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
From 2015

Feldt takes his chance with hat-trick

This was round 24. Does anyone know why Wright replaced? He'd been in the side up til then.
I recall that Wright was dropped for form as we were on a backward slide after a great middle of the year and we only really found form 20 minutes into the Warriors game. Wright was really depressed about it.

Holding off on Feldt all year but then bringing him into the team just before the finals made me think that Green has the perfect mix of conservative team selection and knowing when to blood a young player when Feldt was unbelievable throughout the finals.

However, in hindsight, I think it solidified Green's arrogance about conservative team selection and reluctance to blood youngsters (when his decision to make Kyle Feldt wait most of the year to make first grade paid off) and we still pay for this success of his today.

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Our 2016 semi vs the Broncos was featured last night on NRL.com

Metro

First Grader
Reaction score
I’ve always wanted to watch a full copy of the home semi against the Warriors in 2007. I’ve never even been able to get a hold of highlights of the game. Was a day game also which makes it a unique home game.

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I’ve always wanted to watch a full copy of the home semi against the Warriors in 2007. I’ve never even been able to get a hold of highlights of the game. Was a day game also which makes it a unique home game.
I've been looking for this for a while too, seems to have vanished from the internet. The club put out this mini doco on the game when they were counting down our best ever games at 1300 Smiles late last year but it only shows a handful of tries/highlights

https://www.cowboys.com.au/news/2019/08/19/6-bowmans-home-farewell---semi-final-2007/