Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Cyclone Debbie

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
To all our friends across the north, and especially to those in Townsville, the Burdekin and the Whitsundays, stay safe and all the best with the wild weather heading your way.

Most recent update:

crayne07

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Agree with BDR..... Stay safe and be prepared

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Stido

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Gunna cross straight over here as a category 4 or 5. Not looking forward to it at all. 260+ km/hr wind gusts ain't gunna be fun.

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Gunna cross straight over here as a category 4 or 5. Not looking forward to it at all. 260+ km/hr wind gusts ain't gunna be fun.
I worry about the complacency up there. A few friends and family have made idiotic comments on social media etc about how Yasi ended up doing nothing and it's all media hype blah blah

One of these days the big one is going to come through and a lot of people are going to suffer because of complacency.

Rumbo

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
I worry about the complacency up there. A few friends and family have made idiotic comments on social media etc about how Yasi ended up doing nothing and it's all media hype blah blah
Yep there going to get a rude awaking on Tuesday then. This cyclone way closer to hitting Townsville then Yasi was.

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score

One of these days the big one is going to come through and a lot of people are going to suffer because of complacency.
On the flip side, Woolies and Coles would want locals to panic and buy out their stores.

Last edited:

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
Thing that always amuses me is that one of the first things to sell out is toiler paper, I mean how much shit paper do you want?

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score

Getting a bit sloppy at end of my street. Will be worse by arvo & tomorrow.

Cyclone preparation Mackay style
1. Secure loose items in yard
2. Prepare evacuation kit.
3. Secure house & windows.
4. Check on neighbours.

5. Take a six pack to the beach & watch this baby blow

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
When you read the naval site, the bearing has it heading for just north of us.

Cowboy_4_Life

Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
When you read the naval site, the bearing has it heading for just north of us.
That site is weird, not sure if I'm not getting to the right updated map, but as far as I can see it still has it landing between Ayr and Bowen; the last BOM map (above) has it a little south of Bowen

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
That site is weird, not sure if I'm not getting to the right updated map, but as far as I can see it still has it landing between Ayr and Bowen; the last BOM map (above) has it a little south of Bowen
The info to the right of the map still has the bearing as 250deg at 6 knots. The tracking is a computer model but I'm more worried about the bearing its on

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Townsville seems like a cat with nine lives when it comes to cyclones. Apologies to those who have experienced bad weather in Townsville. I just recall so many near misses or cyclones not as bad as predicted.

Bongohead667

First Grader
Reaction score
I live in the Townsville CBD. The wind is really starting to pickup now. Regardless of where the eye goes over i think from Townsville to Mackay is in for a rough 24hrs or so. Stay safe everyone.