Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

COVID-19 / Coronavirus

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
went to Kmart today in Canberra soooo packed and half the shop empty. Bearly any stock.
Like xmas
Yeah it was mad at Willows on Saturday.
Surprising we haven’t seen lots of community transmission from incidents like this and the grocery shops we’ve been doing-there may have been some social distancing at the grocery shops, but contaminated surfaces-can only clean so much, can’t clean the stock that everyone touches.

In the early days of virus in Oz, I did some non essential work in various aged care homes-If I told youse what I saw and did....let’s just say I’m not surprised that an aged care home is about as safe as a gun free zone in America-that’s my analogy. I think the governments forgot about protecting those people-i know it.

Last edited:

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
One new Covid 19 case in South Australia today. After South Australia had two weeks of no new cases. The man returned to South Australia from overseas on 20 March and sought a test on the 05 May. He could have been infectious for 46 days - without knowing it.

We may need a vaccine to beat this one.
There could be many reasons why the man tested positive-46 days doesn’t fit into the timeframe of any of the data available.
Is it possible he didn’t necessarily contract the virus from overseas-caught it in Australia.
And there are other reasons he may have tested positive.

The vaccine that may be developed may be effective on 70% of people and have a shelf life/protection of a few months-hopefully they can also find the definitive drug people can take, that is also capable of defeating virus. Maybe we will all have to get exposed to virus, to defeat it (those that can be exposed to virus) Whatever works.

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Some working doctors have compared virus to a strain of flu, citing Italy’s numbers in 2017, estimate of 25,000 deaths in that year. Keep in mind there is a vaccine for flu that would have been used on some of population and people would have gone to seek treatment with strong symptoms present.
Whereas with the virus it is largely asymptotic for most people-much less people presenting to hospital=less case numbers registered/inflating mortality rate.

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Restaurants expected to open again late in the week here in Canberra. Probably capped at 10 patrons.

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
I was shocked by th flu shot business..especially forcing Nathan Peats who said he has suffered an adverse reaction in the past (to what degree we don’t know, minor i assume, still)
It is a business, Paulo. The vaccination business makes the rich (like Bill Gates and George Soros) richer., and gives the Government additional taxes, and more control over our lives. History has shown that cartels (supported by the state) are very successful businesses because they work with Government to destroy any competition and dissent.

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Government is praising themselves big time in parliament atm over their handling over coronavirus..it’s sickening.
And Josh Frydennerg sounds so sick he can barely talk.

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score

Everyone Jumps Off Bridge After New Government Order Telling Everyone To Jump Off Bridge

After state governments across the country directed their citizens to shut down their businesses and just kinda hope things worked out, a new order has been issued: everyone is to jump off a bridge immediately.

A government official issued the order to solve our current crisis, and everyone immediately complied.
"Everyone jump off a bridge," said a representative of the government.
"OK," said everyone. "If the government says so, it's probably a good idea. Besides, what can we do? It's the government. They definitely have the best people working on it."

The directive was designed to end coronavirus. Medical experts believe it's the best, most effective way to stop the virus. Assuming everyone follows through and obeys the order, coronavirus will be wiped out, according to officials. There are no bad side effects, as far as anyone can tell. A few people pointed out that it could kill everyone, but these people are anti-science and obviously hate their neighbors.

Metro

First Grader
Reaction score
Should players have to agree to a shot of disinfectant before they are allowed to play?

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Maybe they can-10 at a time.
I was at Rebel sports on weekend-allowed 103 customers at a time, such a cluttered space, social distancing was impossible.
Spotlight is allowed 400 customers at a time, again a cluttered place.
Meanwhile pubs and restaurants are dying, on a ventilator, only allowed 10 people.
How can we get good, competent people in government, is an inquiry id like to see.

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
4 new cases in Nsw, they were in the community by the sounds of it-overseas travel again-its infuriating.
Cant blame Anna for wanting Qld border closed to Nsw etc
I can see thru the Nsw premier-she is being all political in wanting Qld to open the border.
Qantas boss saying no risk in not social distancing when flying-im sure there was a covid case(s) from one of their flights recently..
Trump was given crap again yesterday for admitting he has been taking the drug he has touted-media citing a study that i believe was set up to kill people/make Trump look bad (the patients in the study were exactly the type that are recommended against using the drug)
Yes Trump was given crap by Australian media..today i see health care workers in Australia will be talking the drug to protect themselves-what a surprise, no opinion at all from the media.
One state in the US has changed a law around labelling Covid deaths-for example a drunk driver died in a car accident, tested positive for Covid-they were labelled a Covid death.
Censored doctors have been saying the same-pressured to label deaths from other disease that they thought was cause of death, they test them for Covid after death, if positive-Covid death.

Last edited:

Milligna

Bench Warmer
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Maybe they can-10 at a time.
I was at Rebel sports on weekend-allowed 103 customers at a time, such a cluttered space, social distancing was impossible.
Spotlight is allowed 400 customers at a time, again a cluttered place.
Meanwhile pubs and restaurants are dying, on a ventilator, only allowed 10 people.
How can we get good, competent people in government, is an inquiry id like to see.
Maybe you can send off carefully worded email/letter to your local MP?

But please don't moan about governments (politics) here, you know this is the Cowboys Stampede not the Courier Mail.

Last edited:

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Maybe you can send off carefully worded email/letter to your local MP?

But please don't moan about governments (politics) here, you know this is the Southern Stampede not the Courier Mail.
Just press report and say rubbish tip, instead of moaning on here.

You are the type of person that is wrong with forums.
Im leaving cause of people like you.
Bye everyone.

Spacey

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Paulo just leave the political and covid stuff in the other thread, don't piss and moan about it mate.

dakapayne

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
This is exactly why EVERYONE needs to download the APP.
There are obvious good points to downloading the app, but I have reservations about overreaching government surveillance being the correct response to a pandemic.

Prince Ernst of Hanover

First Grader
Reaction score
I would be interesting if NSW and Victoria managed to eliminate all their cases in say......two months time. If Queensland still had lingering cases, NSW might consider closing it's border to Queensland. :angel:

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
I would be interesting if NSW and Victoria managed to eliminate all their cases in say......two months time. If Queensland still had lingering cases, NSW might consider closing it's border to Queensland. :angel:
What lessons can you apply from when Germany was partitioned, Prince Ernst?

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score

This is what happens when the world's richest few cooperate together, get looked after by the state, destroy competition, and operate like a cartel. They monopolise industries (like health, banking, media sectors etc) for the sole person of profit, even though they gets awards, positive PR and tax cuts for their supposed "philanthropy".

Last edited: