Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

COVID-19 / Coronavirus

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score

Donelec

Qld Cup Player
Donor
Reaction score
When you look at the actual results behind vaccinations, you can't seriously believe that. Regardless of who makes and distributes them, the evidence is irrefutable. On the whole, they work.
Had a “discussion” with my anti vaccine granddaughter a few days ago. I told her about the memories of my generation that you don’t hear about now. My grandfather wore caliper boots and hobbled about falling a lot because his muscles were wasted away from polio. We used to visit a distant rellie occasionally who spent all her adult life in an iron lung ( google it). She just kept on with her 2 favourite words “ yeah but” so I just gave up. Heard later that she can’t wait for restrictions to be lifted so she can get her lip filler (Botox) redone. Go figure!!!

Bass Player

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score

Prince Ernst of Hanover

First Grader
Reaction score
A friend of mine went to a shopping centre in Brisbane today. He said the shopping centre was packed. Like shopping just before Christmas.

This does not augur well. My friend reckons the restrictions in Queensland will have to tighten again shortly. Because of the crowds.

Spacey

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
A friend of mine went to a shopping centre in Brisbane today. He said the shopping centre was packed. Like shopping just before Christmas.

This does not augur well. My friend reckons the restrictions in Queensland will have to tighten again shortly. Because of the crowds.
Went for a drive earlier... It looked busy... Some people strugglin to get a car park... Imagine if they don't tighten, and keeps getting better

Prince Ernst of Hanover

First Grader
Reaction score
Went for a drive earlier... It looked busy... Some people strugglin to get a car park... Imagine if they don't tighten, and keeps getting better
I reckon there would be undetected Covid 19 cases out in the Queensland community.

It only takes one person to start an outbreak. In Western Australia, places like K-mart have never closed.

Last edited:

Donelec

Qld Cup Player
Donor
Reaction score
Chief Medical Officer Paul Kelly says that close prolonged contact seems to be the key and this is why most of the outbreaks have been in households and nursing homes etc. There have been very few transmissions traced back to supermarkets and the like.

Prince Ernst of Hanover

First Grader
Reaction score
Chief Medical Officer Paul Kelly says that close prolonged contact seems to be the key and this is why most of the outbreaks have been in households and nursing homes etc. There have been very few transmissions traced back to supermarkets and the like.
Interesting. That may explain the 15 minute bluetooth thing on the COVIDsafe app'.

Stido

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
One new Covid 19 case in South Australia today. After South Australia had two weeks of no new cases. The man returned to South Australia from overseas on 20 March and sought a test on the 05 May. He could have been infectious for 46 days - without knowing it.

We may need a vaccine to beat this one.
This is exactly why EVERYONE needs to download the APP.

Chapdog

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
went to Kmart today in Canberra soooo packed and half the shop empty. Bearly any stock.
Like xmas

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I thought this was most comprehensive study ive read on virus so far: https://www.youtube.com/redirect?redir_token=VGX2UyNjpFmAGOdDXdr-CWbA_1J8MTU4OTIxNDc1NEAxNTg5MTI4MzU0&stzid=UgzIMgsRSO7pwI3Xtzl4AaABAg.98NGoYEDo1i98QlB3I-Yr8&q=http://keck.usc.edu/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/Evidence-Based-COVID.5-5.pdf&event=comments
Re vaccines: for a different opinion watch this lady (interview starts 2 mins in, link to hour interview in description) then watch some Dr Buttar-he might not be everyone’s cup of tea. If you want to hear more from lady, she and other medicos are in his videos.
Australian database for people to look up stuff they taking etc; http://apps.tga.gov.au/Prod/daen/daen-entry.aspx

Last edited:

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Covid App downloads stalling at 5.5 million, even after the text sent by gov.
I said they would stall at 6 million-I was close.

My understanding of the app is it works on the premise, that you have to be inside the 1.5m zone, of the infected, for at least 15 minutes, for the app to trace you....I was under the impression the virus was a touch someone with covid and you get it super contagious type of virus.