Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

CBD stadium

Beaves NQ

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Beaves, I'd keep the non drinking to my self. You mean some of your Classics were not alcohol filled venom...At least with mine. I can claim especially around midnight, that I cannot remember posting that or maybe claiming as one infamous poster who I woodant dare mention claim that my account was hacked.
Only been off the turps for about 2yrs mate, my online vitriol on here has been fairly tame since mate.

Last edited:

Beaves NQ

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
i just went through the first 20 pages of this thread.

God I wish FFS still posted in here..........

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Beaves, I'd keep the non drinking to my self. You mean some of your Classics were not alcohol filled venom...At least with mine. I can claim especially around midnight, that I cannot remember posting that or maybe claiming as one infamous poster who I woodant dare mention claim that his account was hacked.

Can confirm I was pissed as a newt for all my posts on game night. Was on the rums too so the rage was enhanced

Bass Player

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
I'm sure the CBA & Woolworths & ANZ customers would disagree.
They had some major outages last year didnt they
For how long? How long since last time, if ever?
Citing a rare anomally as proof of ineffectiveness and reason to obviate something where the benefits are legion, is arguing dishonestly.
It's a pyrrhic victory where the victim is reason.

"My auntie died in an air crash therefore all air travel should be stopped as it results in death."

LoloMolo

L
Citing a rare anomally as proof of ineffectiveness and reason to obviate something where the benefits are legion, is arguing dishonestly.

"My auntie died in an air crash therefore all air travel should be stopped as it results in death."
Enough people have experienced technical difficulties/issues with eftpos to come to the conclusion it happens regularly enough to warrant cash being accepted at venues as a back up plan. Your plane crash argument is invalid.

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
Eftpos is always working, it just is.

For how long? How long since last time, if ever?."
Well your statement was that it's "always working" is not true.
From memory the CBA & ANZ (iirc) have both had issues in the last 2 years & I think WW was last year, maybe 2018.

We had a backhoe bust a fibre cable here a couple of years ago, took out the local shopping centre, place was on cash or manual CC only, most places didn't have the old slider for cc's.

When cyclone Debbie went through there were some issues with eftpos, that's why authorities always recommend have cash at hand

The point being is that whilst I agree it's reasonably reliable, I still like the folding stuff

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Bass Player

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
Enough people have experienced technical difficulties/issues with eftpos to come to the conclusion it happens regularly enough to warrant cash being accepted at venues as a back up plan. Your plane crash argument is invalid.
Define "enough". Fatuous post.

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score

Ca$h is King:pompous: BP
C is K

LoloMolo

L
Define "enough". Fatuous post.
Generally speaking. The fact that multiple people just within this tiny community of an Internet forum have reported the system going down is enough to suggest it does happen, unlike your made up story about an aunty being in a car crash and her family avoiding air travel....

Bass Player

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
It's an analogy to labour the point. Your argument is semantics. Everyone's had or heard of an outage. You are insisting, however, on that being a good enough reason to prolong the beer queues at the footy by letting people fumble for their change rather than forcing them to scoot through with a wave of a card for the 99.9% of the time that it is working.

Well, I'm not going to stand here and listen to someone who's saying that Australians, working Australians, battlers, should have to wait longer for a beer at the footy!

And that, gentlemen, is how you construct a Strawman. :)

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
Wouldn't have to fumble for change if the beers were $5. 2 beers $10, spirits $10 easy peasy. Stands then wouldn't have to have coinage for change & would be considerably easy for the millennials to give change, tho I'd expect a few would fuk that up

Bass Player

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
You would if you paid with a $50.
Furthermore, are you suggesting that the price of items should be set according to ease of change rather than their value?
Amazing how far you blokes'll contort to remain on the right side of the cash ledger. If you want smaller queues, you're arguing against yourselves.

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
You would if you paid with a $50.
Furthermore, are you suggesting that the price of items should be set according to ease of change rather than their value?.
Absolutely
Prices are never set according to value in case you hadn't noticed.
Or are you suggesting drinks could be undervalued at Dan's.
Just so you understand the comparison they were pouring can of Gold into plastic cups for $8.60, Dan's list a block of 30 cans for $48 +/-, that equates to $1.60/can. At $5 they're not going to lose money, actually they would make more because you wouldn't have millennials fubbing around with eftpos machines & change & my bet is they'd sell a Shit load more.

Personally I prefer lots of smaller profits over fewer large profits any day

Bass Player

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
Or they could make it $10. Or $20. We're limited only by the denominations of our five notes... :rolleyes:
And quantity = profit; your argument is to slow things down.
There's no fubbing. 1 button (server). 1 swipe (buyer). Ding (go!). You're letting an unhealthy prejudice get the better of you. Don't air one's bigotry in public, it makes one appear stupid and not really engaged in the topic.

Last edited: