Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

CBD stadium

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
What was the sound like at the ground? have they finally stopped playing music during play?

No it was the exact same as it's always been unfortunately

Mark O Mac

Captain
5 Year Member
Reaction score
I noticed in the 2nd half the boys came out through the tunnel in the centre rather than the corner of the ground like they did in the first half.
Ah. Seems odd. It’s not like having them run out from the corner added any theatrics that I noticed. Will have to see what they do next time around.

What was the sound like at the ground? have they finally stopped playing music during play?
I didn’t notice it through the TV as much. So that’s an improvement... hahaha.

diamondgrin

Junior
Reaction score
What's the verdict on our brand new stadium? People on social media suggesting some teething problems with waiting times for drinks.
Compared to packed out nights at Suncorp Stadium the wait times were atrocious. Bar staff were generally slow and only pouring drinks as people paid for them instead of having them poured and ready to go. Wait times of 20min+ in the middle of the game.

Beaves NQ

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Compared to packed out nights at Suncorp Stadium the wait times were atrocious. Bar staff were generally slow and only pouring drinks as people paid for them instead of having them poured and ready to go. Wait times of 20min+ in the middle of the game.
i don’t drink so I never went to the bar
last night but did they have the multi beer pourers in action last night?

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
They did, but didn't really know how to use them, only placing 4 cups in holders & pouring when ordered. I got in about 5.30 & they were still unpacking cups as needed. It was like they just grabbed a heap of dole bludgers at 4 o'clock, gave them a shirt and said there you go serve people

I servery on the northern concourse was card only
Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Stido

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
The cash registers at a lot of the outlets went down. That contributed to the extended lines too. Overall it was a much, much better experience watching the game at the new stadium.

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
All outlets should be only card payments.
Cash is King

They only use card only cos the millennials can't do math to work out the change of $10 for an $8.50 purchase

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Correct change is faster than card.
Eftpos is always not working.

Bass Player

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
Cash is slow and unhygienic.

If you're a Luddite without a card, certain grounds have this solution: There are stands where you can buy "Stadium Cards" for cash and use them at the outlets. The queues for these will be longer than the beer queues until people catch on.

Eftpos is always working, it just is. People who think that it doesn't are the same people who think that emails sometimes don't go through. Look, I know it doesn't always work. But to talk about it as if it's an issue is fake news. Correct change is a red herring.

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
Didnt someone here say the registers crashed the other night?
I love tap & go, but technology can & does crash when placed under strain.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
Eftpos is always working, it just is. People who think that it doesn't are the same people who think that emails sometimes don't go through. Look, I know it doesn't always work. But to talk about it as if it's an issue is fake news. Correct change is a red herring.
I'm sure the CBA & Woolworths & ANZ customers would disagree.
They had some major outages last year didnt they

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Jax

Origin Rep
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Other than that drink lines, which is to be expected at the start, my only other minor quibble was that the big screen had very little game info on it.

I found myself constantly looking at it for the tackle count and other stats.

Like I said very minor, and hopefully sorted by the next time there is a game with crowds(in 2021??)

Beaves NQ

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Other than that drink lines, which is to be expected at the start, my only other minor quibble was that the big screen had very little game info on it.

I found myself constantly looking at it for the tackle count and other stats.

Like I said very minor, and hopefully sorted by the next time there is a game with crowds(in 2021??)
I can’t remember if the old one showed the tackle count??

Jax

Origin Rep
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I can’t remember if the old one showed the tackle count??
Neither can I too be honest, I just wonder why they can't have the Fox feed on the screen.

Cowboy Pete

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
i don’t drink so I never went to the bar
last night but did they have the multi beer pourers in action last night?
Beaves, I'd keep the non drinking to my self. You mean some of your Classics were not alcohol filled venom...At least with mine. I can claim especially around midnight, that I cannot remember posting that or maybe claiming as one infamous poster who I woodant dare mention claim that his account was hacked.

Last edited: