Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

CBD stadium

Ianc

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
I think the article is very accurate and the solutions the business owners etc offered are good.
I like Mayor Hill but her leadership surrounding the mall has been poor.
People fear going into the city and facing a parking fine. That kind of thing is for down south, we dont take kindly to paying for parking. The Mayor introduced paid parking. The fines collected will pay the wages of the inspectors, with a small amount left over-not worth the anxiety it causes to citizens thinking of travelling to city.

Regardless I will vote for Mayor Hill, because of her recent car accident and overall seems to do a good job. Other candidates not inspiring, worthy.
Don’t let it out that a car accident gets your vote, candidates will be crashing all over the place

Milligna

Bench Warmer
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
I think the article is very accurate and the solutions the business owners etc offered are good.
I like Mayor Hill but her leadership surrounding the mall has been poor.
People fear going into the city and facing a parking fine. That kind of thing is for down south, we dont take kindly to paying for parking. The Mayor introduced paid parking. The fines collected will pay the wages of the inspectors, with a small amount left over-not worth the anxiety it causes to citizens thinking of travelling to city.

Regardless I will vote for Mayor Hill, because of her recent car accident and overall seems to do a good job. Other candidates not inspiring, worthy.
Mixing sport and politics tsk tsk.

Reactions: Jax

Mark O Mac

Captain
5 Year Member
Reaction score
“Cafe owner Mark McDonald is not convinced the stadium alone can reinvigorate the city.”

I think I’ve been misquoted. I’m a big supporter of the stadium and think it will reinvigorate the city. I don’t remember owning a cafe though...

Mark O Mac

Captain
5 Year Member
Reaction score
“Cafe owner Mark McDonald is not convinced the stadium alone can reinvigorate the city.”

I think I’ve been misquoted. I’m a big supporter of the stadium and think it will reinvigorate the city. I don’t remember owning a cafe though...
Maybe it’s a typo. They must have meant ‘Cat owner’.

Jax

Origin Rep
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
FYI - single-game tickets to first six home games are now available to members. Log in via the Cows website. Requires a member number.
Just got 4x.

I swear they went on sale about 2mins before 11am (my time).

Jax

Origin Rep
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Same here. Mate of mine had his farewell morning tea at work at 10:00am - ditched him like an ugly ex-girlfriend.
I was in a meeting, and basically grabbed my shit and bolted!

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Just like to thank the workers who built the stadium-without them there would be literally be no stadium.

Well after some negativity surrounding the stadium, it now looks rather grand on the city skyline

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
Just like to thank the workers who built the stadium-without them there would be literally be no stadium.

Well after some negativity surrounding the stadium, it now looks rather grand on the city skyline
C'mon @paulo_w do us all a solid & get in the datsun & go get some pics to post up.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Metro

Bench Warmer
Reaction score

It does look grand. One of the best things to happen to Townsville.

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
I'd wave to you guys from bay 111, but that's right you'll have the sun in your eyes

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk