Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

CBD stadium

Stido

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Man I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tunza

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
Those corners on the closed end look nice and tight. If we can not be shit this season, the stadium could be pretty loud.

Eastern grandstand seems to end very neatly with the ground - guessing they'll put a nice big advertising barrier between the seats and the field though.

Last edited:

Jagjaxon

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
It'll be plenty loud with old mate screaming "COWBOYS" during the oppositions scrum feed over the PA.

Cowboy_4_Life

Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Who's going to the open day? Reckon I'm going to make the trip - keeeen

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Turf going in. I’m loving the look of the Inside.
Big fan of the colour scheme with the chairs, huge improvement on the vomit constellation we had at 1300 Smiles

crayne07

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Spent 3 nights with the family at Woodlands Big4 earlier this week and did the "Drive By". Wow. If I wasn't pumped for the season before.... I am now... It looks awesome live. For you locals seeing it going up over a year must be great.......... But the last time I saw it was 7 months ago and it hit me straight in the heart.

(#disclaimer....... I'm pumped before every season)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Jax

Origin Rep
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Any locals aware of any impacts from the flooding on the stadium?

Hopefully everyone is not affected too much, otherwise!

Beaves NQ

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Any locals aware of any impacts from the flooding on the stadium?

Hopefully everyone is not affected too much, otherwise!
if It didn’t flood last year, I’d say she won’t be effected too bad by regular wet season monsoonery

Tunza

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
Single-game tickets go on sale 18th Feb according to the Cows website:

"Individual game tickets will go on sale 18 February 2020 (games 1-6 only)."

Jax

Origin Rep
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
if It didn’t flood last year, I’d say she won’t be effected too bad by regular wet season monsoonery
Good point, but the general downpour might have damaged the newly laid turf etc.

Beaves NQ

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Good point, but the general downpour might have damaged the newly laid turf etc.
mate the best thing for new turf is a good down pour from my understanding.

There would be good drainage there as well so i don’t think it would hurt the turf, if there was bulk foot traffic on it then yeah defs would be a concern.

Dream

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score

From Josh Alston on Facebook.

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
mate the best thing for new turf is a good down pour from my understanding.

There would be good drainage there as well so i don’t think it would hurt the turf, if there was bulk foot traffic on it then yeah defs would be a concern.
View attachment 1545

From Josh Alston on Facebook.
Yeah Nah, probably a bit to much 2

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Beaves NQ

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
the pic is shitful, is the field under bulk water?

Rudi

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
I'm calling BS on that photo.

I work across the river from sthe tadium, in a building to the left of the building where that photo appears to be taken from.
At the time of the photo, it is was absolutely bucketing down, like it does in NQ during the wet season. Normally, in the background of that shot would see a shoulder of Mt Stuart, the fact you can't indicates how heavy the rain was.

I have line of sight into the stadium. At NO stage (and believe me I was checking) did I see water across the field like it appears in the photo. There was what looked to be puddling, which is to be expected with such a heavy downpour, this went away fairly quickly. There is absolutely no flooding around the 'gatehouse' at the front. That is all concrete and the water just ran off (into the gutters and across the road).

The photo is a point in time shot taken when this downpour was at its heaviest. Posting such a photo would appear to be vexatious.

On a side issue, as we are getting closer, the stadium is looking even more fantastic, it is somewhat arousing as I walk passed it each day.

Jax

Origin Rep
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I'm calling BS on that photo.

I work across the river from sthe tadium, in a building to the left of the building where that photo appears to be taken from.
At the time of the photo, it is was absolutely bucketing down, like it does in NQ during the wet season. Normally, in the background of that shot would see a shoulder of Mt Stuart, the fact you can't indicates how heavy the rain was.

I have line of sight into the stadium. At NO stage (and believe me I was checking) did I see water across the field like it appears in the photo. There was what looked to be puddling, which is to be expected with such a heavy downpour, this went away fairly quickly. There is absolutely no flooding around the 'gatehouse' at the front. That is all concrete and the water just ran off (into the gutters and across the road).

The photo is a point in time shot taken when this downpour was at its heaviest. Posting such a photo would appear to be vexatious.

On a side issue, as we are getting closer, the stadium is looking even more fantastic, it is somewhat arousing as I walk passed it each day.
To be fair, you can't really make out much from that potato quality photo.

Rudi

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
I also failed to add, that is is at time of high tide, which creates more of 'flooding affect' look.