Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

CBD stadium

Rudi

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Unless you have a physical disability you can walk to stadium from sugar shaker in less than 10 mins.

Metro

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Obviously I am not a building expert, but does it seem like it will be a major struggle to have this ready by Round 1, with proper turf and everything? Given the season starts in only 4 months.

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
Obviously I am not a building expert, but does it seem like it will be a major struggle to have this ready by Round 1, with proper turf and everything? Given the season starts in only 4 months.
You'd like to think there is some contingency in case of a cyclone.
Guess a lot of people will be working through Xmas closures this year.

Is Elton John still confirmed? I see he cancelled concerts in the states due to health concerns.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Ianc

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
I flew in to Townsville yesterday arvo and it was nice to be able to see the stadium from the plane.

Beaves NQ

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score

agreed although the turf is being grown off site locally (can’t remember where) and this day and age they can easily lay and play in 2 weeks.

the problem is the lower bowl doesn’t look like it’s even been started in some of the areas (eastern side). i’m sure they’ll have it done but f***, they will want a minimal wet season this year.

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Bought flights up to Townsville for the first game the other day. A mate of mine has season tickets so will sit with him. Wouldn't want to be missing this one that's for sure.

Jax

Origin Rep
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
agreed although the turf is being grown off site locally (can’t remember where) and this day and age they can easily lay and play in 2 weeks.

the problem is the lower bowl doesn’t look like it’s even been started in some of the areas (eastern side). i’m sure they’ll have it done but f***, they will want a minimal wet season this year.
I'm sure we'll all find a way to blame Green for it...........

Rudi

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Spoke with Jeff Riebel last week. Said stadium handover is Dec 12.
Everything is fully on track.
Relax

Cowboy_4_Life

Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
The first shot of it once complete.... at night.... with a bunch of lights all over it, and won't be sure if I'll be going or coming

Probably both tbh

Jax

Origin Rep
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
That photo was enough to make me book my flights!

We have a stampede get together!! Or print or screen names on T shirts and randomly try to bump into each other............

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Lets meet at Cactus Saloon at 2 for some Godzilla golds

Reactions: Jax