Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

CBD stadium

Chemicalspill

Bench Warmer
Donor
Reaction score
So is that you conceding that there is no present demand from the Townsville market that warrants spending millions of dollars on a new centre, and you want to put all your eggs in the “build it and they’ll come” basket?
By the 13 nrl immortals! You love an argument. :banghead:

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
So is that you conceding that there is no present demand from the Townsville market that warrants spending millions of dollars on a new centre, and you want to put all your eggs in the “build it and they’ll come” basket?
Good thing we have a government who do all this evidence building for us

An early stage assessment of the Townsville Entertainment and Exhibition Centre, funded under the Queensland Government's Maturing Infrastructure Pipeline Program, was completed in October 2018. The assessment examined the short, medium and long-term needs of an events facility and confirmed the need for a new entertainment and exhibition precinct to be developed in Townsville and the project proceed to business case stage.

MPW_Fanboy

First Grader
Reaction score
Good thing we have a government who do all this evidence building for us

Yes, because the government has never been wrong in where they have spent their money. :rolleyes:

It’s funny that nobody on here can tell me where the demand is for a new entertainment centre, and what events we keep holding and selling out to warrant an upgrade of what we have currently. But but but we neeeeeeeed a new one!

Bass Player

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
Tell me where the demand is? Show me where and when the entertainment centre is constantly being sold out hosting events that warrant an upgrade?
Everybody who wants to see big acts here is demanding it. Big acts are always looking for places to play. Everybody who's been to the current entertainment centre recently is demanding it. Convention/concert organisers are demanding things the current one can't offer.

But the Bull Riders on their own invalidate your statement.

MPW_Fanboy

First Grader
Reaction score
Everybody who wants to see big acts here is demanding it. Big acts are always looking for places to play. Everybody who's been to the current entertainment centre recently is demanding it. Convention/concert organisers are demanding things the current one can't offer.

But the Bull Riders on their own invalidate your statement.
Lucky we have a brand spanking new stadium that these ‘big acts’ can play in.

Townsville has a small population. We’re not on the radar of the big acts who all include the major capital cities in their tour schedules. Townsvillians just have to learn to accept that the best they’re going to get is an old, decrepit Elton John on his last legs.

I am not demanding anything of which you preach so you should probably cease speaking for everybody.

trey

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
Because upgrading a venue has never led to more demand in the history of entertainment, ever.
Didn’t work for the new stadium on Perth did it? Oh hang on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ianc

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Tell me where the demand is? Show me where and when the entertainment centre is constantly being sold out hosting events that warrant an upgrade?
I think it has been clearly shown you don’t require evidence to form an opinion.

Bass Player

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
Lucky we have a brand spanking new stadium that these ‘big acts’ can play in.

Townsville has a small population. We’re not on the radar of the big acts who all include the major capital cities in their tour schedules. Townsvillians just have to learn to accept that the best they’re going to get is an old, decrepit Elton John on his last legs.

I am not demanding anything of which you preach so you should probably cease speaking for everybody.
I meant big acts for Townsville, surely it's obvious that the cap-city-only acts aren't part of this conversation. I gave you credit for some sort of sense of scale, I won't be making that mistake again. Another mistake I made was not to focus on conferences, rather than pop stars. But the demand is the same. It's just a different kind of demand.
You will only accept the "demand" that means 20 big conferences are clamouring to hold their event in Townsville, but won't because the current facilities are not up to snuff.
This obviates the demand of the populace to attract and attend these events, the demands of the businesses to attract customers to Townsville and the demands of the events themselves.
There's demand aplenty and very good reasons why it would be good for the city. Anybody sharing the view that Townsville should prosper, would be wise not reject these proposals, or demands, out of hand.

MPW_Fanboy

First Grader
Reaction score
I meant big acts for Townsville, surely it's obvious that the cap-city-only acts aren't part of this conversation. I gave you credit for some sort of sense of scale, I won't be making that mistake again. Another mistake I made was not to focus on conferences, rather than pop stars. But the demand is the same. It's just a different kind of demand.
You will only accept the "demand" that means 20 big conferences are clamouring to hold their event in Townsville, but won't because the current facilities are not up to snuff.
This obviates the demand of the populace to attract and attend these events, the demands of the businesses to attract customers to Townsville and the demands of the events themselves.
There's demand aplenty and very good reasons why it would be good for the city. Anybody sharing the view that Townsville should prosper, would be wise not reject these proposals, or demands, out of hand.
Of the list of conferences and events that are held at the entertainment centre, are you able to list the ones who’s attendees reached the capacity that was available? And are you able to tell us the conferences who said the facilities available at present were not adequate for providing the product that they wanted to present to their attendees? Also, given there’s aplenty of supposed conferences lining up that’d come to Townsville on the grounds of a new venue being built, I don’t suppose you could list them and show where they’ve stated such a statement could ya?

The current entertainment centre is more then sufficient for little old Townsville. People want a new one so it gives their dull lives some sort of excitement and new scenery for when they attend their 14th consecutive annual sexpo. If there was urgent demand it’d be being built by now. I would have thought the new stadium and Myers would have shut the locals up for a while.

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
^^ WOW you really are one angry little ant.
FMD youre carrying on like you have to personally pay for the proposed future centre.
Sure your names not napoli

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

MPW_Fanboy

First Grader
Reaction score
^^ WOW you really are one angry little ant.
FMD youre carrying on like you have to personally pay for the proposed future centre.
Sure your names not napoli

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
Nah, just an opinion from somebody who’s not blinded by being in the fishbowl that is Townsville.

Bass Player

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
Of the list of conferences and events that are held at the entertainment centre, are you able to list the ones who’s attendees reached the capacity that was available? And are you able to tell us the conferences who said the facilities available at present were not adequate for providing the product that they wanted to present to their attendees? Also, given there’s aplenty of supposed conferences lining up that’d come to Townsville on the grounds of a new venue being built, I don’t suppose you could list them and show where they’ve stated such a statement could ya?

The current entertainment centre is more then sufficient for little old Townsville. People want a new one so it gives their dull lives some sort of excitement and new scenery for when they attend their 14th consecutive annual sexpo. If there was urgent demand it’d be being built by now. I would have thought the new stadium and Myers would have shut the locals up for a while.
I'm not sure why you quoted my post; yours is in no way related to anything I said in mine.
I'm not sure why you posted at all, given that you've already said the same thing before. Your problem, my old fruit, is that your ears are painted on.

MPW_Fanboy

First Grader
Reaction score
I'm not sure why you quoted my post; yours is in no way related to anything I said in mine.
I'm not sure why you posted at all, given that you've already said the same thing before. Your problem, my old fruit, is that your ears are painted on.
You said demand was aplenty and I asked you to provide tangible evidence to back up your statement. No suprises you can’t.

Beaves NQ

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
for f***s sake, take the repetitive bullshit to the rubbish tip lads. By all means have constructive conversation but this shit is painful to read.

Chemicalspill

Bench Warmer
Donor
Reaction score
for f***s sake, take the repetitive bullshit to the rubbish tip lads. By all means have constructive conversation but this shit is painful to read.
Okay. You are spot on. It's shit to read as adults and men who don't normally talk like this face to face. How about we share our point of views and call them that? Point of views. Instead of ridiculing others opinions and always having to have the last say. How about we be adults and understand that not everyone is going to agree with us and appreciate that others have good and interestingly different opinions to us? That's what makes forums great, other people's views, whether similiar or different. Not shrill word lawyers that tear people down. I often wonder about the many who don't feel comfortable enough to post, in case they get ridiculed (me for a long while). It's a shame to not hear from those many non-keyboard warriors who also care about the cowboys continuing adventures.

Last edited: