Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

CBD stadium

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I think people would love it up there and it would get great turnout. Don't really understand getting precious about what game opens the stadium

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
It’d not so much be the players that’d suffer, but it’d be the fans sitting out in 30+ degrees. Couldn’t think of anything worse.
I could...... Same scenario & no cold beer

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
The atmosphere [at BankWest Stadium] looked awesome. Hopefully the odd horseshoe design for our stadium won't diminish that cauldron effect too much. The echo and rumble of a packed house at a ground like that is something else.

Last edited by a moderator:

MPW_Fanboy

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
The atmosphere looked awesome. Hopefully the odd horseshoe design for our stadium won't diminish that cauldron effect too much. The echo and rumble of a packed house at a ground like that is something else.
We have one of the worst support in the league in terms of noise and atmosphere generated by the crowd. Hard to generate any form of atmosphere when you’ve got muppets like that minty flog yelling “CoWbOyS!!!!” into a microphone trying to encourage the crowd to yell along. Hopefully there’s a complete revamp into things like that and the fkn DJ in order to create a better atmosphere at the new stadium.

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
We have one of the worst support in the league in terms of noise and atmosphere generated by the crowd. Hard to generate any form of atmosphere when you’ve got muppets like that minto flog yelling “CoWbOyS!!!!” into a microphone trying to encourage the crowd to yell along. Hopefully there’s a complete revamp into things like that and the fkn DJ in order to create a better atmosphere at the new stadium.

It actually seems to be frowned upon to cheer in certain parts of 1300. Have received some dirty looks before or requests not to cheer as someone has a baby, etc.

Jagjaxon

First Grader
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Hopefully they leave that DJ at 1300, nothing worse than traveling on a crowded bus from the CBD and arriving to some guy screaming like a drunk bogan and playing distorted #1 music hits from five years ago

Bangkok Cowboy

Qld Cup Player
Donor
Reaction score
People will have their hands full swatting away the sand flies and mosquitoes to bother with anything fancy like cheering in the new stadium.

Spacey

Captain
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
We have one of the worst support in the league in terms of noise and atmosphere generated by the crowd. Hard to generate any form of atmosphere when you’ve got muppets like that minty flog yelling “CoWbOyS!!!!” into a microphone trying to encourage the crowd to yell along. Hopefully there’s a complete revamp into things like that and the fkn DJ in order to create a better atmosphere at the new stadium.
True. I've got a bit of a theory, having not gone to a T'ville game myself YET (next month). I'm guessing the laid back culture from the majority of the fan base is different to the scum of Western Sydney. Am I wrong?

MPW_Fanboy

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
True. I've got a bit of a theory, having not gone to a T'ville game myself YET (next month). I'm guessing the laid back culture from the majority of the fan base is different to the scum of Western Sydney. Am I wrong?
Possibly. I think given both the northern and southern hills are made up primarily of families, so people tend to be a bit tentative to be vocal outside of mintflog on the microphone yelling cowboys with his annoying voice.

There is a real difference between attending a game in NQ, and in Sydney in terms of hostilities/atmosphere towards away sides. Maybe the difference wouldn’t be so profound if we had a nice closed in stadium that complimented the noise generated by the crowd, that could be up for debate.

It just seems that we’ve missed the boat in terms of how to engage the crowd and create an atmosphere that lifts the boys. Canberra have that lame viking clap that they stole from Iceland. Souths have the burrow supporters area. Roosters have the chookpen supporters area. Melbourne have had that annoying cowbell since the Olympic park days that gets the crowd going. Brisbane have that annoying try celebration they do with their fans. And we? We have mintflog screaming cowboys into a microphone backed up with DJ pleb playing the madcows playlist from 10 years ago.

I think moving forward into the new stadium would be the perfect opportunity for likeminded people to come together and create a group like the Burrow/Chookpen etc that are more vocal/active than the average fan that enjoy a beer, sing/chant the odd song and are passionate about this club. It would be fairly easy to get off the ground and running in terms of liaison with the club and organising a small area in the stadium for us.

Metro

Junior
Reaction score
I’d just like that DJ to stop playing music during general play. A short try celebration song is fine and adds to the game day experience but no one wants loud music during general play.

Hopefully the club gets in a consultant to design a better game day experience for the new stadium as the tools will presumably be there: new big screens and better sound.

Benchy

Bench Warmer
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
It actually seems to be frowned upon to cheer in certain parts of 1300. Have received some dirty looks before or requests not to cheer as someone has a baby, etc.
One on one strip of baby...
Baby comes loose...
Scooped up by Morgan...Morgan cuts back inside and delivers a beautiful, spiralling long-baby out to Feldt...
Feldt dives for the line and plants the baby down...

They'll need to check this...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

CC

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Totally agree, sounds shite on TV coverage.

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
Hopefully they leave that DJ at 1300, nothing worse than traveling on a crowded bus from the CBD and arriving to some guy screaming like a drunk bogan and playing distorted #1 music hits from five years ago
Hey that's my place every Friday and Saturday night , only diffence being the music being more 70 & 80's

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
In fairness to the fans who attend, lately we havent been given much to cheer about. Bit hard to keep a chant going when the team misses tackles or drops the ball
I know its different time but i went to 5 games in 2015 & everyone had (imo) good atmosphere, plenty of cheering & chanting that finals game against the sharks is my all time favourite attendance.
In saying that, i was at a game in 2014 (i think it was) against manly & there was a muppet that was just abusing the shit out of Turbo Tom every time he got the ball, now i'm not a prude but there where people there with younger kids & his language was OTT, only eased up after being told to pull his head in numerous times.
As far as having a dedicated section, its our home ground the whole place should be filled with supporters, all a dedicated section would achieve is all the bogans in one place.............Oh I see, great they should do it