Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

CBD stadium

River

Bench Warmer
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Exactly Beave.
They are building the club's future home...which they will want to start selling season tickets to in less than a year.
In this day and age, content is king. They are sitting on gold but ignoring it.
Once a week they should stand in the middle of the "field" and do a 360 video. They should interview the local people and local companies building it.
As Beave says, from here on in, progress is very visable.
Failing that, I'd be "happy" with a snap thru a car window by a passerby.

Mark O Mac

Captain
5 Year Member
Reaction score
I don’t think updates are really a priority for the people building it. And I’m sure the builders don’t particularly want media folk doing constant updates about how much (or little) they’ve done.

I’ve seen literally nothing regarding the new Western Sydney stadium since I saw the demolition photos when it first started. I didn’t even realise it was so far along untill I drove past it a while back.

Beaves NQ

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I don’t think updates are really a priority for the people building it. And I’m sure the builders don’t particularly want media folk doing constant updates about how much (or little) they’ve done.

I’ve seen literally nothing regarding the new Western Sydney stadium since I saw the demolition photos when it first started. I didn’t even realise it was so far along untill I drove past it a while back.
you haven’t been looking hard enough then mate, there’s been weekly pics released for WSS both official and non-official sources. I’ve been following since they took the wrecking ball to the stands.

i know there was a company hired for our new digs to do time lapse photography as it progresses, I assume this footage will be released once fully completed, but small progress shots each week with a pretend completion metre or something showing the ‘virtual’ progress of the joint is all that’s needed.

Last edited:

MPW_Fanboy

First Grader
Reaction score
Geeze is it really that big of a deal that we’re not getting weekly updates of scaffolding? I think the average joe only cares that it’s finished on time. Next summer when it’s near completion and memberships go on sale is when the hype should begin.

Beaves NQ

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Geeze is it really that big of a deal that we’re not getting weekly updates of scaffolding? I think the average joe only cares that it’s finished on time. Next summer when it’s near completion and memberships go on sale is when the hype should begin.
look around skyscrapercity and see the lengths some fans go to follow their teams new stadiums builds and upgrades(Rams, Falcons, Tottenham, Anfield,etc etc), some fans are more interested in this shit than others, put yourself in the ‘don’t care’ category then, some others of us actually are interested.

MPW_Fanboy

First Grader
Reaction score
look around skyscrapercity and see the lengths some fans go to follow their teams new stadiums builds and upgrades(Rams, Falcons, Tottenham, Anfield,etc etc), some fans are more interested in this shit than others, put yourself in the ‘don’t care’ category then, some others of us actually are interested.
I’m not doubting that there are a small amount out there that care and want regular updates of what the build is looking like. I just think it’s been a long off season for us when we’ve got people complaining about things like this. 1 more week and you probably won’t think about the new stadium until October lol.

Beaves NQ

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I’m not doubting that there are a small amount out there that care and want regular updates of what the build is looking like. I just think it’s been a long off season for us when we’ve got people complaining about things like this. 1 more week and you probably won’t think about the new stadium until October lol.
yeah nah.

MPW_Fanboy

First Grader
Reaction score
Don't worry Beave. I'll leave this here for him (in hope).

View attachment 1276
I got the point loud and clear but am just telling you both that nobody really cares. I get you’re excited about the new stadium but calling for weekly interviews with construction workers and photo updates is ridiculous.

Dream

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Like River said, content is king. Any sort of original content you can create is like gold in the social media age.

It would take little effort for them to post a photo every couple of weeks and it would generate an amount interest.

River

Bench Warmer
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Personally I like the heritage angle about our current stadium. I like that the players of the day helped lay the turf and local companies gave time build it. Companies like Mendi who are now helping build the new stadium. These a great stories and exist because someone bothered to tell them. I bet there's heaps more.
Stadiums need a bit of soul and stories and images bring that to life.
To me (and clearly not everyone) the club isn't just about the current players, or the current season. It's much much bigger. It's about hope, opportunity, respect, mateship. It's about proving that North Queenslanders can mix it with the best of them.
That to me, means it could be about the community work such as NQ Cowboys House, the leagues club being club of the year and prospering, North Qld companies building a top class stadium, or....even about a local lad, like Michael Morgan finding a pathway to greatness without having to leave his hometown. Sure I love watching the game, but win or lose i connect with the club because of it's long term "purpose", not it's short term performance.
BTW if you want to see the power of basic content look at Instagram. I don't have much interest in pictures of other peoples meals, but hey, it seems like a lot of people do.
Each to their own right?!

MPW_Fanboy

First Grader
Reaction score
Personally I like the heritage angle about our current stadium. I like that the players of the day helped lay the turf and local companies gave time build it. Companies like Mendi who are now helping build the new stadium. These a great stories and exist because someone bothered to tell them. I bet there's heaps more.
Stadiums need a bit of soul and stories and images bring that to life.
To me (and clearly not everyone) the club isn't just about the current players, or the current season. It's much much bigger. It's about hope, opportunity, respect, mateship. It's about proving that North Queenslanders can mix it with the best of them.
That to me, means it could be about the community work such as NQ Cowboys House, the leagues club being club of the year and prospering, North Qld companies building a top class stadium, or....even about a local lad, like Michael Morgan finding a pathway to greatness without having to leave his hometown. Sure I love watching the game, but win or lose i connect with the club because of it's long term "purpose", not it's short term performance.
BTW if you want to see the power of basic content look at Instagram. I don't have much interest in pictures of other peoples meals, but hey, it seems like a lot of people do.
Each to their own right?!
The club has an Instagram account and posts daily content that people want to view. I’m not sure how anything you just said is relevant to the fact that not many people really care for weekly updates on the build of a stadium that is still some time from being completed. By all means, ramp up the PR once this season concludes and it’s at a point where people can view the content and go “geeze what a nice looking stadium. shut up and take my money”.

Each to their own I guess. If you live in Townsville there’s not much stopping you from driving past or flying a drone over the site.

Beaves NQ

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
for f***s sake, if he lived in Townsville, do you think he’d be asking for Tvl
locals to throw some pics up?

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I got the point loud and clear but am just telling you both that nobody really cares. I get you’re excited about the new stadium but calling for weekly interviews with construction workers and photo updates is ridiculous.
I also don't care, but saying "nobody really cares" is plain wrong by reading this thread.

Whether or not there's enough interest to actually motivate more updates is another point altogether.

MPW_Fanboy

First Grader
Reaction score
I also don't care, but saying "nobody really cares" is plain wrong by reading this thread.

Whether or not there's enough interest to actually motivate more updates is another point altogether.
Lets not get technical here. 3 people on an Internet forum is effectively nobody.

MPW_Fanboy

First Grader
Reaction score
for f***s sake, if he lived in Townsville, do you think he’d be asking for Tvl
locals to throw some pics up?
Are you a local? Maybe you can quench his thirst for pictures of scaffolding and take some pictures?

Dream

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
This thread is for discussion of the Stadium, not to troll people who want to discuss it.

Beaves NQ

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Are you a local? Maybe you can quench his thirst for pictures of scaffolding and take some pictures?
no, i don’t currently live in Tvl, but I was born there and have lived there for 23 years of my life.

MPW_Fanboy

First Grader
Reaction score
This thread is for discussion of the Stadium, not to troll people who want to discuss it.
I’m not trolling. I just don’t see the need to criticise the club for not posting an update on the stadium for the last couple of weeks.