Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Betting/Punting

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
Always give credit where due, but Jesus, thread should called Paulos punt. How long does this shit take u?
Probably about 5 mins based on the results :cool::cool::cool:

Only fukin with you @paulo_w :)

Bad blue yesterday, I picked this horse in Morphetville, loaded up (or so i thought) chearerd it home, only to check account & it was still sitting in my bet slip :argh::argh::argh:

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
Buskers Ballad was the horse, nothing special, but the jockey was due. It was 11's when I DIDNT put the bet on.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Fellahs, if you are after some matched-betting tips, send me a message, and Ill give you tips when I find them.

You have to be careful though. The corporate bookmakers hate being beaten at their own game.

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Fellahs, if you are after some matched-betting tips, send me a message, and Ill give you tips when I find them.

You have to be careful though. The corporate bookmakers hate being beaten at their own game.
Betfair?
Never tried it.

I know I’m sick of trying to get best price or decent early fixed odds most days

Always give credit where due, but Jesus, thread should called Paulos punt. How long does this shit take u?
Not long at all

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Betfair?
Never tried it.

Not long at all
Betfair is an exchange. Think like a stock market. You can either back something to win, or back it to lose.

Bookmakers have the mentality that they want to beat you and take your money. Betfair merely takes the commission of a bet made between the person who bets on the horse, and the person who bets against the horse. So Betfair doesn't care if you win, as they are after your commission, not your money.

The only setback for Betfair is Peter Vlandys increased bookmakers taxes, and also applied it to Betfair's exchange. So Betfair needs to make both enough commission for their own profit, and to afford the taxes Vlandys made them and others pay up.

Betfair also lets you bet live during a horse race. Convenient in events with a leaders bias. Like, bet on the Globe Derby trots as soon as the favourite gets an early lead lol

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Betfair is an exchange. Think like a stock market. You can either back something to win, or back it to lose.

Bookmakers have the mentality that they want to beat you and take your money. Betfair merely takes the commission of a bet made between the person who bets on the horse, and the person who bets against the horse. So Betfair doesn't care if you win, as they are after your commission, not your money.

The only setback for Betfair is Peter Vlandys increased bookmakers taxes, and also applied it to Betfair's exchange. So Betfair needs to make both enough commission for their own profit, and to afford the taxes Vlandys made them and others pay up.

Betfair also lets you bet live during a horse race. Convenient in events with a leaders bias. Like, bet on the Globe Derby trots as soon as the favourite gets an early lead lol
Yeah I remember when Betfair first started, can’t believe I never tried it.

Is there anywhere to play poker on the internet-heard it was banned in australia

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Yeah I remember when Betfair first started, can’t believe I never tried it.

Is there anywhere to play poker on the internet-heard it was banned in australia
It's probably banned for good reason: to stop dodgy websites rigging games, and taking our money.

Betfair is good. Comes in handy when you know a favourite can't win, so back it to lose instead.

BDR

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Unfortunately poker is now banned. There are some grey market websites that will allow Australians to play but it is unregulated so be very cautious.

It's probably banned for good reason: to stop dodgy websites rigging games, and taking our money.
Like sportsbetting on an exchange Poker is player-vs-player so there's not really incentive for sites to rig games

Metro

First Grader
Reaction score
Ballarat Synthetic
Race 2 7 Redissent
Race 3 4 Foxgossip
Race 6 3 Tezlah
Race 8 1 Ajyaal
Devonport Tapeta Synthetic
Race 2 4 Play With Lucas
Dubbo
Race 1 15 Victory,4
Race 2 10 Vinaigrette
Race 3 4 Spilia
Race 4 3 Miss Concheeta
Race 6 11 Smokeball
Race 7 12 Grosvenor Bridge
Race 10 12 Kahlo
Grafton
Race 1 14 Medusa's Fury,11
Race 3 7 Miss Whittington,2
Race 6 6 Our Dasha,14,15
Race 7 4 Polemic,9
Kalgoorlie
Race 3 5 Frank's Reward
Sunshine Coast
Race 1 5 Fiorelli
Race 2 15 Zayde
Race 3 8 Petunia,1
Race 5 10 Clairvue Missy
Race 6 2 Clever Miss
Race 7 1 Bering Sea
Race 8 15 Annabeth,9
Race 9 16 Never Lose Faith,11

Few i like at big odds:
Dubbo race 4 3 Miss Concheeta
Sunshine Coast race 3 1 Civitas
Grafton race 114 Medusas Fury and 11 Illiria
Day 11 Paulo’s Picks:

Spend of $20 for a return of $1.90 (Races abandoned at Sunny Coast R4-10).

Losing day of 18.10 units.

Running total = -86 units.

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Taree race 4 Grated Coconut-gave the field weight and won its maiden well....maiden to class 1 win at the next start happens approx. 12%-so 20-1 is a fair price to step into, without knowing anything else about the field....GC only Last start winner in the field a +

Metro

First Grader
Reaction score

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score