Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Betting/Punting

ausmojo

First Grader
5 Year Member
Reaction score
gents we all love a good punt

leave your weekend tips/thoughts in here and get discussing.

Current bets i have

* I have Geelong Cats 1-39
* EPL BIG 5 to all win this weekend .. chelsea/man u/liverpool/man city/arsenal
* No 40/20 in eels and dogs game plus mitch duncan to go over 25 disposals in cats v blues tonight

Spacey

Captain
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I'm 1 from too many this year in the league. Doesn't matter who I go, favourites/ upsets, nothin. Last bet was Storm last week -6.5 against the Knights, with 3 mins to go we all know how that ended. I really don't bet on Cowboys games tho, too much interest at heart

ausmojo

First Grader
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Picked up cash on geelong 1-39 :thumbsup:

Put on Kennedy/Franklin most possessions/goals in swans/saints game multi with roosters 13+ and Storm 13+ ... worth about $12

ausmojo

First Grader
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Roosters win/Storm win/Port win/Pies win

Double your money VERY easily ..

Also there is value for 2 tries or more in the roosters v tigers game today. If it's anything like last week, roosters centres/wingers will be lining up. $5.50 to score 2 or more tries more on roosters wingers/centres. Someone like Jennings/Tupou will carve them and even potentially get hat tricks. FYI a hat trick is worth $20 minimum

Spacey

Captain
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
And thankyou Jamie Rogers

ausmojo

First Grader
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Collingwood. Piss off. Did get both 13+ results though

Today - kangaroos and manly multi

Granty

Administrator
Reaction score
fun and giggles bets

Multibets:

Melbourne vs Brisbane - First Tryscorer - Multis
12: (Straight Bet) Ryan Hoffman [MEL] @ 26.00

North Qld vs Manly - First Tryscorer - Multis
13: (Straight Bet) Jason Taumalolo [NQL] @ 21.00​

and also

Melbourne vs Brisbane - First Tryscorer - Multis
31: (Straight Bet) Alex Glenn [BRS] @ 26.00

North Qld vs Manly - First Tryscorer - Multis
13: (Straight Bet) Jason Taumalolo [NQL] @ 21.00​

both have $2 on them to win just over $1,000 :crazy:

normally I just do one or two $1 multibets on two backrowers a round, but I'm on a roll with Taumalolo and I got good money from a S.Burgess/Glenn multibet earlier this year :)

Spacey

Captain
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Picked the Roosters the other night. 2 from alot

ozyscott

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Taumalolo to score first three weeks in a row......unlikely but then again I thought him scoring first 2 weeks in a row was unlikely

ausmojo

First Grader
5 Year Member
Reaction score
The wife actually cleaned up on JT3 twice with FTS bets !

This week .. riding the cows wave in a big way

Cowboy Pete

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I am fully loaded up on the Cowboys and just starting to get some dribble into my Sportsbet account for Making the Eight and winning the Premiership belt.

Now I have to wait until we win the Semi final and have a $220 win. Then the Big one. I am looking at $1480 to win the final.

I am quietly confident as I feel we are as good a chance as anyone and I believe we can now overcome the travel. Every player has lifted and can lift some more, where I feel all the teams bar the Roosters are at the top.

I hope if we get to the final the Roosters, who I suspect will be there might have played one game to many this year and flatten out in the Grand Final.

We are the only team really on the up and I can see the belief our team is building. It was this lack of belief that has let us down on a few occasions.

This year might be the one.

Pete

fanfromsingapore

F
Why bet on footy games when you can buy stocks in well managed companies? *

* This is not a recommendation to buy, sell, hold or do anything with any particular stocks. That said, I enjoy reading books by the guy in the youtube clip below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5RroqvVCPc

I knew it was our turn

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Why bet on footy games when you can buy stocks in well managed companies? *

* This is not a recommendation to buy, sell, hold or do anything with any particular stocks. That said, I enjoy reading books by the guy in the youtube clip below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5RroqvVCPc
FFS the reason I bet on footy while I can, and do, also buy stocks is because they are totally different concepts. While there is always an element of risk in stocks I approach it with an expectation of making money. Only Paulo would approach punting with that sort of an attitude.

Anyway I don't bet on horses or pokies. The only things I bet on are football, boxing and elections because they are the only things I know much about and after 40 years of punting experience can say I at least break even on.

Last year I did ok on the footy. Won on the nines, made a good call and didn't bet on most of our early season games or the origin. Backed us a fair bit in our run to the finals after origin when Green had the team playing to his systems. I had a fair bit on JT to win the Dally M but had to split it with the Hayne backers.

So far this year I have backed us at 12 to win the comp. I have backed both us and NZ in the Nines. I will have a Dally M bet but it won't be JT because we have to many other players who will take points from him when we win. I think I will have both Shaun Johnson and Hunt as they are stand outs in teams that I think will underperform. I will back JT for top point scorer.

At the moment my account is up a bit because two weeks ago I put the lot on the ALP to win in Victoria at $1.20. Anyway I will back us pretty heavily for the first half dozen rounds because I think this year we will come out of the blocks flying.

Thommo Junior

Former Champion
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Well in my younger days i enjoyed a punt but became disgusted with it due to heavy family involvement. I witnessed first hand the deceit and corruption which was once horse racing, i saw families destroyed because of it.
But that was a loooong time ago and i know things have changed dramatically. These days i enjoy a punt on the footy, boxing, motor racing and the greyhounds but i still only bet infrequently and in small amounts. I don't think i'll ever bet on horses again, just can't trust it.
I am going to back the boys to take out the premiership....and perhaps the Nines/Premiership double.
Good luck to all and happy punting.

I knew it was our turn

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I just had $300 on Bam Bam Flanagan at $130 in my efforts to slowly build funds for the start of the NRL season. I think his opposition is a bit ordinary so he should be a good thing.

Benchy

Bench Warmer
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Never read this thread...I do love a punt though. In the winter there are plenty of options: NRL, Q-Cup, NSW Cup, ESL, Super Rugby, AFL etc...but since I know nothing about EPL or the A-League I'm pretty much limited to the NHL in summer. I have a few personal rules which I never break, maybe out of superstition, maybe because I get burnt when I break them...

1. Don't bet on individual sports
2. Don't bet on 'sports' without a ball
3. Don't bet on an away favourite (you can't underestimate a home ground advantage, particularly in American sports)

And I got a good lesson in self discipline today. Had $114 (winnings) on Tampa Bay at Philly in the hockey. Tampa currently top end of the league having won 8 of their last 9; and the struggling Flyers near the bottom having lost 4 straight. PLUS with Philly's first choice goalie withdrawing through injury it was pretty much an 'unlosable' game for Tampa. So you can imagine my surprise this morning when I checked the scores to find Tampa down 6-1 in the 2nd period...they went on to lose 7-3 (a massive scoreline in ice hockey).

Hard luck stories eh? Anyway, just thought I'd share that one to try to spark some chit chat in here.

I knew it was our turn

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I just noticed we are now $10 with centrebet to win the premiership. I am pretty sure that is the shortest pre-season Cowboys odds I have seen on that site.

I knew it was our turn

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Just finished my prediction bets for the year with a small wager on the U20's @ 15's and the Blackhawks at 8's. So for the year I am on those two plus Cowboys for premiership and top 4, Warrington in Superleague. JT top pointscorer, Johnson Dally M, plus Cowboys to finish higher than Manly.

Those bets should keep me interested for the year. My biggest stake is on Cowboys for top 4 so if that gets up I come in better than square.