Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Ben Barba released

Benchy

Bench Warmer
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I'd not be surprised if they have strict instructions to stay the hell away from anything dodgy like that. "Cowboys players in car park brawl after Barba bashes Missus" isn't a great headline really, is it?
Yes, true. That's some deafening logic right there.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
I'd not be surprised if they have strict instructions to stay the hell away from anything dodgy like that. "Cowboys players in car park brawl after Barba bashes Missus" isn't a great headline really, is it?
And if it was Juz & TMM as reported, then both off contract this year, plus if Juz was involved, you'd think he'd get punted pretty quickly.
However, in saying that, we dont know, they may have already tried to bring/calm him down, but he had snapped & lost his shit. Drug use can have that effect on the brain (or whats left of it), I've had to deal with it with my young fella in the past, sometimes the best thing is to walk away

GunsUp42

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
Word on the street (some Singaporean road at 3am last night) is that some bloke with 3 names is firming up big time for a run in the #1 now.

Matthew Walsh-Parker or something
Stop it, I can only get so erect.

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
It'd be pretty awkward I imagine. Especially if they're drunk and abusing eachother. You'd kind of want to stay out of it if possible.

Plus TMM himself especially (and probably O'Neill also) benefit greatly from Barba getting the sack. I'd have been plying him with alcohol all night :D

Cowboy_4_Life

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
speculating on who was there and who did and didn’t do anything is not going help matters. Unless you were there and saw everything that happened, probably best to leave it alone.
And especially if you were there and saw everything happen, dont put it here...

Bongohead667

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Plus don't forget the garbage "Journalists" lurk on footy forums for stories. Don't give them any ammo...

Bass Player

Junior
Reaction score
I don't think that's garbage journalism, it's a legitimate source, provided they know how much weight to apply to comments made here. But yeah, garbage journalists will get it all wrong and publish bollocks.

Beaves NQ

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I don't think that's garbage journalism, it's a legitimate source, provided they know how much weight to apply to comments made here. But yeah, garbage journalists will get it all wrong and publish bollocks.
journos relying on forums such as these for info to then sell to the general masses is thwart with danger. Don’t know if you were around at the time, but a few years ago it was bantered in here that Michael Parker Walshe was going to make his FG debut as a piss take, all of a sudden it was being mentioned by somewhat respected journos, NRL.com even put him into
their fantasy team squads to be picked by the general public. It was actually quite frightening how easy it was to bluff these idiots and make them fall for such a simple trick.

Throwing around bullshit rumours and innuendo in here does no one any good, especially the club and the players. Dream and the lads do a good job moderating the rumour mill in here, i’d say they’ve had their work cut out for them the last 20 hours and will into rd1.

Make no mistakes, this has well and truly thrown a spanner in the works for our 2019, but that shit needs to be put to the side. There’s more important things to worry about like the well being of Barbas partner and kids and his own well being. He wouldn’t be in a good head space today, I hope he gets the help he needs and he can move forward with life and be there for his daughters.

But he won’t be wearing the blue and grey moving forward and I appluad Reibs,Parrie and Lancini for their swift and open action taken on this. They put their necks out on the line for him and they’ve had them notionally cut off. I’m disappointed for them because I can only imagine the shit they’ve gone through trying to get him a gig in NQ.

as a sidenote

Big hello to all QLD’s little sister club fans that are lurking in here to revel in this incident and the de-railing it will no doubt cause to our season. Taking glee in shit like this is the lowest form of scumbaggery, you can sit back and watch how a real club handles an off field mess. Having read their pissant fan forum, I was not surprised at the reaction some of their dip shit fans. Maybe if your f$&@wit club did something about his idiot tendencies, he’d be still in the NRL and never got got caught back up in the Sydney party life bullshit.

Last edited:

MPW_Fanboy

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Word on the street (some Singaporean road at 3am last night) is that some bloke with 3 names is firming up big time for a run in the #1 now.

Matthew Walsh-Parker or something
This post made me incredibly hard.

MPW_Fanboy

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
DEVILS ADVOCATE TIME
Dont think for a minute, i would defend him. I think i was fairly obvious in my comments/objection regarding his signing......

However.....
How many times have you been out on "the drink" with "the boys" having a GREAT time & the other half comes in & wants to (a)go home, (b)says you've had enough, (c)running you down for your faults (which we know we have heaps), (d)flirting with the boys (to make you jealous)............
Now before you all want to crucify me, I'M NOT DEFENDING HIM, i'm simply saying if this has happened on OZ day (as per @Minto post above) & not this afternoon as was originally suggested, then my take on it is that, he's feeling good, accepted to the group, confident about his performance & position in the team & if his partner starts nagging (for want of a better word), then i can sort of understand an outburst. Unfortunately he has drink/control issues so its got out of hand & here we are.

My point is, in this day & age the man is ALWAYS at fault, and so in some ways I feel somewhat sorry for him that his career will end this way, however if he was physical towards her then HE is responsible for the situation.

I disliked the signing, but after convincing myself it would be a good thing (after all the talk up) i now feel somewhat hollow that it has all gone to shit.:(:(
I'll bet all those that talked him up feel like idiots (not forum members, but media etc)
This is a horrendous response to what has happened.

Grassfed

Junior
Reaction score
Tough time for the club this off season but the rest of the squad needs to go bum up heads down and tough it out another shot at the big dance.
Dont mind the BS option no matter how fanciful. Saint billy.

MPW_Fanboy

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
And another who doesn't read the post in the context.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
You are trying to find reason as to why Barba lashed out at his missus. Why bring up that women can be annoying in a domestic violence case? Time and place, and your post was inappropriate.

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
You are trying to find reason as to why Barba lashed out at his missus. Why bring up that women can be annoying in a domestic violence case? Time and place, and your post was inappropriate.
Actually I was merely offering an opposing POV.
If you research my comments regarding his signing, I was not in favour & referred to him as a grub & living in Mackay his and other family members have an unflattering reputation.
I was in no way condoning his actions was simply saying for all anybody knows she could have gone psycho & he reacted.

Again I don't know, but I have been around enough to see psycho bitches lose their shit & all hell breaks loose, but you never hear that reported, only that the male was violent towards a female, where they may have been defending themselves.

Anyway it's done to death, his career is over, so I won't comment further

MPW_Fanboy

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Actually I was merely offering an opposing POV.
If you research my comments regarding his signing, I was not in favour & referred to him as a grub & living in Mackay his and other family members have an unflattering reputation.
I was in no way condoning his actions was simply saying for all anybody knows she could have gone psycho & he reacted.

Again I don't know, but I have been around enough to see psycho bitches lose their shit & all hell breaks loose, but you never hear that reported, only that the male was violent towards a female, where they may have been defending themselves.

Anyway it's done to death, his career is over, so I won't comment further

An opposing view to the victim of DV? Lol wow. If Barba was acting in self defence to a ‘psycho bitch’ witnesses and CTV would tell us that. The fact he’s been sacked straight away tells us all we need to know. Your comments are insensitive and should be retracted.

Rudi

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Big hello to all QLD’s little sister club fans that are lurking in here to revel in this incident and the de-railing it will no doubt cause to our season. Taking glee in shit like this is the lowest form of scumbaggery, you can sit back and watch how a real club handles an off field mess. Having read their pissant fan forum, I was not surprised at the reaction some of their dip shit fans. Maybe if your f$&@wit club did something about his idiot tendencies, he’d be still in the NRL and never got got caught back up in the Sydney party life bullshit.
Did someone say Matthew Lodge ??