Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Ben Barba released

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
This. This was my first thought. With Barba hungry to be back in the NRL, getting the All Stars gig I thought 'here we go, we're a shot'. Now ... fmd.

What do we do? Do we give Carlin his shot finally? Move Hamster back there? I seriously didn't think TMM deserved his MoM awards for his role at FB in those games. Hamster shone when he was there (excluding 2016).

List of dudes who have played as a FB at Cows currently:

Hampton
Morgo
Granny
GGM
Bowen
Anderson
Taulagi
TMM

F*** this. I'm shattered.
One of TMM or Morgan at FB, the other in the halves with Clifford is my guess. Could see Carlin get a chance I suppose.

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I'm not one to wish ill will on anyone but I hope Val fails in America. Worse than Hayne.

Dream

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
I think Carlin was dropped from the Blackhawks at one stage towards the end of last year, he had a poor year. It would need to be a big turn around to make that spot his.

Prince Ernst of Hanover

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
There have been times when I thought this forum was dead.......................then someone comes along and breathes new life into it.

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
That pass was gold. I always reckoned Feldt would back a great FB - bias aside. Slot GGM in on the wing and away you go.
I'm not opposed to it. We need someone with x factor. At least give him a go there in a trial or something.

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
DEVILS ADVOCATE TIME
Dont think for a minute, i would defend him. I think i was fairly obvious in my comments/objection regarding his signing......

However.....
How many times have you been out on "the drink" with "the boys" having a GREAT time & the other half comes in & wants to (a)go home, (b)says you've had enough, (c)running you down for your faults (which we know we have heaps), (d)flirting with the boys (to make you jealous)............
Now before you all want to crucify me, I'M NOT DEFENDING HIM, i'm simply saying if this has happened on OZ day (as per @Minto post above) & not this afternoon as was originally suggested, then my take on it is that, he's feeling good, accepted to the group, confident about his performance & position in the team & if his partner starts nagging (for want of a better word), then i can sort of understand an outburst. Unfortunately he has drink/control issues so its got out of hand & here we are.

My point is, in this day & age the man is ALWAYS at fault, and so in some ways I feel somewhat sorry for him that his career will end this way, however if he was physical towards her then HE is responsible for the situation.

I disliked the signing, but after convincing myself it would be a good thing (after all the talk up) i now feel somewhat hollow that it has all gone to shit.:(:(
I'll bet all those that talked him up feel like idiots (not forum members, but media etc)

Shorty

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Furious.
But he's always had these issues, he's been violent before so I had this nagging feeling when we signed him.
I'm proud of how the club handled it, we don't accept that sort of behaviour.

So now the bookies stop talking us up, pressure off and the #1 is up for grabs.
Hopefully it's a blessing in disguise.

marymudcrab

Qld Cup Player
5 Year Member
Reaction score
DEVILS ADVOCATE TIME
Dont think for a minute, i would defend him. I think i was fairly obvious in my comments/objection regarding his signing......

However.....
How many times have you been out on "the drink" with "the boys" having a GREAT time & the other half comes in & wants to (a)go home, (b)says you've had enough, (c)running you down for your faults (which we know we have heaps), (d)flirting with the boys (to make you jealous)............
Now before you all want to crucify me, I'M NOT DEFENDING HIM, i'm simply saying if this has happened on OZ day (as per @Minto post above) & not this afternoon as was originally suggested, then my take on it is that, he's feeling good, accepted to the group, confident about his performance & position in the team & if his partner starts nagging (for want of a better word), then i can sort of understand an outburst. Unfortunately he has drink/control issues so its got out of hand & here we are.

My point is, in this day & age the man is ALWAYS at fault, and so in some ways I feel somewhat sorry for him that his career will end this way, however if he was physical towards her then HE is responsible for the situation.

I disliked the signing, but after convincing myself it would be a good thing (after all the talk up) i now feel somewhat hollow that it has all gone to shit.:(:(
I'll bet all those that talked him up feel like idiots (not forum members, but media etc)
Hahaha what an absolute load of dog piss this post is (no offence)

broke

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Portsmouth, United Kingdom (formally Townsville)
I wish I would say I was surprised by this. I don't think I really felt anything reading he's been sacked this close to the season other than some mild disappointment we might end up running a mix of guys at FB this season. I hope his salary is still available though it's a nice chunk to have for cap flexibility.

Rumbo

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
Hopefully Feldt to FB need that x-factor now. I would be ok with Hampton aswell. Don't want to see TMM

Bass Player

Junior
Reaction score
I’m hearing that he had returned to his post 2016 GF habits.

Sniff, sniff
Ah. I see. I kinda supported him before, when I learned he was kicked out over a bit of coke. But if you can't take it without being a twat, don't take it.