Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

ASHES 2019

Tunza

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
I love cricket more that my Cows - it's in my DNA. Seeing an Ashes test, the pinnacle of the sport, ebb and flow like that is pretty much the perfect test. England on top, then Australia, then back to England then back to Australia. Last day a chance of rain, a draw or an Australian win. The impact any of those outcomes could have had on the rest of the series was huge. Shame we have to wait a week for the next test. So good.

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
It was a great test, I think England will rally strongly at Lords. Australian top order still looks very shaky we can't bank on Smith making 300 runs per test.

England were also a bowler down and underused Woakes so I think the result is a bit out of whack with how close both teams actually are.

Tunza

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
I loved how rattled the Poms bowlers were when the pitch was flat and the ball wasn't moving. It was like watching them run around cluelessly on an Australian pitch.

Spacey

Captain
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
It was a great test, I think England will rally strongly at Lords. Australian top order still looks very shaky we can't bank on Smith making 300 runs per test.

England were also a bowler down and underused Woakes so I think the result is a bit out of whack with how close both teams actually are.
Losing Anderson so early was massive. Doubt he'll play the next couple

Spacey

Captain
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Looks like Anderson is out with possibly Jofra Archer in.

Bass Player

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
I'm still not convinced of Siddle over Starc, despite the numbers and the win.

dakapayne

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Amazing performance by Steve Smith.

Bancroft got the golden ticket into the side. With my Queensland hat on I'd have Joe Burns in there.

Not a huge Matt Wade fan but with the numbers he's been racking up the selectors had to pick him, and I'm glad they did. Ridiculous during the last shield season, when he was piling on the runs at 6, he was told those runs didn't count for much and he should bat higher in the order. So he moves to 4, continues the run fest and now he makes a century for Australia on his return to the test side... at 6.

Starc will come in for the next test, apparently he has a good record at Lord's.

I'd be disappointed if Pattinson gets dropped, but he is returning from injury so maybe the selectors are going for a rotation system which I can live with. He could be Australia's best quick by the end of the series.

Pat Cummins is the man and said he wants to play all 5 tests.

Spacey

Captain
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Hopefully get to see some action today

Spacey

Captain
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I like to watch :snaphappy:

Not a bad day for the Aussies. Put down a few, but the bowlers did alright

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Can't get into it when the match is obviously heading for drawsville

Probably another rained out day today

Tunza

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
Yes, we can. Will we? I doubt it. Interesting to see what sort of pitch they prepare following their circle-jerk over Archer. If they prepare a fast, bouncy pitch it could mean we bring Starc back in. Not sure if they want that.

Bass Player

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
That last test was a nonsense. Warner is due, Bancroft is due, Starc is imminent; not sure I'd be that happy in the England camp, remembering Anderson is still out. The bouncy little foal will always bounce around and be mezmerising at first, but if we're still talking about how bouncy he is by Test's end, the bouncy foal will be a mere show pony.

Spacey

Captain
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Great start to day 2. Poms 3/20

Tunza

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
Rubbish pitch. Batting is just random luck. Not sure why the poms are never questioned over their puddings.

Bass Player

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
My predictions really coming off...I are an expert.
Archer's pretty bloody good!

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
That was a rough one. My spidey senses were tingling after the bowlers started labouring on Day 3 but didn't anticipate that kind of disaster

Tunza

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
I tried to put the significance of Stokes' innings into an NRL perspective for a mate:

"Imagine Queensland is leading NSW by 17 points with five minutes to go in the second SoO leading the series 1-0 over NSW. Payne Haas then returns a kick off the length of the field to score under the posts, three times in a row, but knocks-on scoring the last try with the ref missing it, to win the game for NSW by a point".