Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

After tonight

#CowboyDavid

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Given the Broncos GREAT form, they're sure to get plenty of players in the Origin team so there probably won't be much of a dent in our side.

2 Fats

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Ianc said:
On Webster!!
If they aren't going to pick Matty as fullback (which it looks like they won't), then imo they shouldn't pick him at all. He is wasted on the bench.
:scratchhead:

#CowboyDavid

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
He's wasted on the bench if they don't put him on until 10 or 15 minutes to go and the game is already decided (as they have done a couple of times in the past).

RobsGT4

Chief Bundy Taster
Reaction score
The broncos were VERY lucky on friday night to come away with a win.... Hunt nearly lost the game for them in the dying seconds....

The Cowboys were convincing on Monday night and come away with the win... Bowen was brilliant the majority of the game....

SOO G1 will see the team made up of a majority of broncos player will see a win to NSW... hopefully the selectors wake up and smell the bullsh!t they are delivering about being loyal to last years team and select a team for G2 and G3 made up of the most in form players for QLD!

cphil83

First Grader
Reaction score
Both Bowman and Rogers do not wish to play rep footy this year if not mentioned earlier.

diehard_cowboy

First Grader
Reaction score
Our forwards are brilliant this year! Stand outs for me have been

Jacob Lillyman (QLD bench one thinks)
Matt Scott (AWESOME every week!),
Steve Southern (Brilliant defense last night)
Ray Cashmere (Really stepped up)
David Faiumu (before he got injured was brilliant)
Sione (Surprised me actually, been very good)
Justin Smith (Makes a great lock)

Great pack this year, VERY under rated. 'Scott' Tronc needs to hit the line a bit faster. He starts off hard, but slows down before he hits the defenders :scratchhead: We got a lot of good forwards, if Tronc doesn't start putting a bit more effort in I'd think about giving him a week in the Guns. A bloke his size would be devastating if they had the aggression of say Carl Webb!!!

CC

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I'm with you broke.

mullup

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
... Not me, some things are sacred, and SOO is one such thing.

Thommo Junior

Former Champion
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
paddy said:
Anyone could have dropped that bomb even Hunt himself.
Damn sure I would have dropped it..............I had swallowed 12 stubbies and 4 JD and cokes before that went up !!

Thommo Junior

Former Champion
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
mullup said:
... Not me, some things are sacred, and SOO is one such thing.
I agree with Mullup, I donate blood regularly to the cause..........

QUEENSLANDER !!!

nqboy

First Grader
10 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I still have my doubts on Matty's consistency under pressure. IMO, he is prone to occasional bouts of self-doubt, both under the high ball and in defence, and that is what is holding him back in the eyes of the selectors.

#CowboyDavid

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
nqboy said:
I still have my doubts on Matty's consistency under pressure. IMO, he is prone to occasional bouts of self-doubt, both under the high ball and in defence, and that is what is holding him back in the eyes of the selectors.
Last year he didn't have any self doubts until he was dumped after Origin 1. That, plus an ongoing ankle injury, took away alot of his confidence.

This year he's fully fit and showing every week that he's one of the best full backs in the comp.

Stido

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
nqboy said:
I think you are way off the mark nqboy & as usual dwelling on the past. I think he has really matured & evolved into a confident young man in every aspect.

Granty

Administrator
Reaction score
This sounds promising (from Thurston's column in the Townsville Bulletin <-posted in the Media Forum)

After an enjoyable bus ride to Brisbane from the Gold Coast following our win over the Titans on Monday, a number of us were met at the airport for official Queensland uniform measurements.

Myself, Matty Bowen, Carl Webb, Matt Scott and Jacob Lillyman were all fitted for team suits, training gear, etc in the Qantas Club.

Hopefully all of us will be there when the team is announced next week but don't think I am giving you the inside scoop on selections.

It is standard practice that all candidates get sized up a week early.
Honestly, I believe Hunt is close to playing himself out of Origin I and if he does Bowen has to be next in line, but if Bowen is not picked at Fullback he won't be in the team :-(.

Goose

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
Hunt's safety at the back in a myth. An example was against Souths last week when he did not dive on the ball and Souths nearly clinched the game. Bowen is the best fullback in Australia by a far way at the moment. His nearest rival isn't a Queensland either, it is Brett Stewart, and Bowen could arguably be classified as more valuable because he can play as another ball player, unlike stewart.

RHINO

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
and another thing is that matty's step is actually effective. Yes the step in air kinda worked when he was the 18 year old wnder kid but hunt gets smacked on a regular basis now when he tries it. Guess thats why he moved to sprinting straight cuz someone hinted it wud get him into rep sides even though he makes 1 or 2 extra metres then somone trying to find a hole and preserving their body

elnino

Qld Cup Player
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
RobsGT4 said:
The broncos were VERY lucky on friday night to come away with a win.... Hunt nearly lost the game for them in the dying seconds....

The Cowboys were convincing on Monday night and come away with the win... Bowen was brilliant the majority of the game....

SOO G1 will see the team made up of a majority of broncos player will see a win to NSW... hopefully the selectors wake up and smell the bullsh!t they are delivering about being loyal to last years team and select a team for G2 and G3 made up of the most in form players for QLD!

hate what i am saying IF we loose game 1 will the selectors get the chop same as all players they should be accountable also :mouthshut: :ponder: