Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

After tonight

althepcman

Qld Cup Player
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
I don't see how they can not select him, even if its on the bench.
Even NSW supports are saying they would rather a Queensland team without him.
Now if that doesn't bring up a sign for the selectors to pick him I don't know what will.
I hope they select him as Queensland will do allot better with him in the team.
GO THE MIGHTY MAROONS!!!

mullup

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Matt Rogers stepped past him twice & easily tonight, which shows just how awesome Rogers can play... Hope he comes into the selectors thoughts after tonights effort.

PS Matt Bowen is playing consistenly better than Hunt, he should be among the first 3 picked (JT, Locky & Mango).

Cowboys_fan_06

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Bowen is the best fullback in the comp at the moment and I dare say in the world. He won't be selected for QLD unfortunately. The selectors proposed to Hunt last night to continue their love affair with him [insert sarcasm banging head emotion]

#CowboyDavid

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
On tonight's performance, Rogers should be high on the list for Origin after an awesome performance on a team that was soundly beaten.

Matt Bowen was great. It's just unfortunate that his knockers will remind everyone of him getting dragged back into touch. He dropped one bomb but it was bucketing down at the time.

Cowboys_fan_06

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
dgsar1 said:
On tonight's performance, Rogers should be high on the list for Origin after an awesome performance on a team that was soundly beaten.

Matt Bowen was great. It's just unfortunate that his knockers will remind everyone of him getting dragged back into touch. He dropped one bomb but it was bucketing down at the time.
And I bet you Bowen's knockers will quickly forget about his two try saving tackles,his try,his 40/20 kick and his second kick which was going for a 40/20 which led to an error and the couple of bombs he refused in the torrential rain..

diehard_cowboy

First Grader
Reaction score
Cowboys_fan_06 said:
And I bet you Bowen's knockers will quickly forget about his two try saving tackles,his try,his 40/20 kick and his second kick which was going for a 40/20 which led to an error and the couple of bombs he refused in the torrential rain..
I reckon. As soon as he dropped that bom i said to my self, I bet he wont get selected because of that. and all the Hunt fans will come out and say that he is crap under the high ball etc. Bowen is a legend, and in a class of his own atm.

paddy

Captain
Reaction score
Anyone could have dropped that bomb even Hunt himself.

Cowboys_fan_06

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
paddy said:
Anyone could have dropped that bomb even Hunt himself.
Hunt would have looked around for Lockyer so he could hold his hand, than would have attempted to catch the ball.

Ianc

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
If I saw it right, Matty turned so that if he dropped it, the ball would go back....which it did.

#CowboyDavid

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Ianc said:
If I saw it right, Matty turned so that if he dropped it, the ball would go back....which it did.
It was never going to go forward. Anyone could be excused for dropping a bomb in torrential rain.

RHINO

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
thats it, made a mistake that wasnt quite a mistake. Hunt is in for sure now

#CowboyDavid

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Any word on Justin Smith. He came out after half time limping badly and had an ice pack on his leg.

I though he was very good in the first half.

osg

First Grader
Reaction score
Matthew was simply brilliant again, this time in the wet. As was said above, any of the worlds leading FB's could or would have dropped that bomb, but he had the presence of mind to position himself to allow the ball to go back, not forward........ proving he is astute under pressure also.

Another fine performance.

RHINO

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
but still nowhere qld standards, geez shouldnt have even gone out on the field playing like that (note: sarcarsm)

paddy

Captain
Reaction score
Didnt Bowen put a big hit on someone earlier in the game?
I saw him do something like that but wasnt sure who he tackled.

Ianc

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
paddy said:
Didnt Bowen put a big hit on someone earlier in the game?
I saw him do something like that but wasnt sure who he tackled.
On Webster!!
If they aren't going to pick Matty as fullback (which it looks like they won't), then imo they shouldn't pick him at all. He is wasted on the bench.

SydneyCowboyzFan

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
I think matty needs to be picked for sure...but im sure its going to be on the bench...

Anyone else think that lillyman has stepped up his game since LOD got injured, he is really looking to play that enforcer role and just doesnt stop working...

also matty scott was outstanding and nearly worked himself to a standstill, was really struggling towards the end there and maybe should have been replaced...

Actually all the forwards have been great and really laying the platform for thursto and mango to dominate, I just wish that Tronc would try to put a bit more energy into his game like scott who threatens to break thru the defence every time he carries the pill...

If Sione cuts down the mistakes then he could be one of the buys of the season...im thinking that this year we are alot better prepared, depth wise to cope with origin, what does everyone else think?