Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

2020 Season suspended indefinitely

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Doesn't really make for spirited debate, but its an option i guess if you know your just never going to get on with someone
I haven't had to block a single person in here. Sometimes people get on my nerves, and sometimes I get on other people's nerves. But there'd just be no fun in this forum if we all shared exactly the same opinion. After all, we come from Katter country... an area where mavericks stand up for what is right, and not what is popular.

At least we all share a desire to see our team win. Living outside of Townsville/NQ makes me more patriotic about home, and the Cowboys, than even when I was living in it. Notwithstanding I cannot stand Coach Green's spin half the time, I still would rather see the team win even if it made our stubborn coach feel even more vindicated than he already is.

Bass Player

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
FMD, wait until there is some clarity on the horizon. If they can salvage some sort of season later in the year, then there’s no point returning everyone’s money right now and then have to go through all the admin bullshit of starting up memberships again for a revised comp and schedule.

There’s a lot worse shit going on at the moment in the world than the club not returning membership money in the first week of the comp being suspended.

If the don’t return all the money but instead offered discounted season tickets for the next few years where you recoup your lost money from
this year over an extended period, this IMO is a far better outcome for all involved. Do you want the football club to survive after all of this or a get your couple of hundred bucks back and see the club fold?
Spoken like a man to whom a couple of hundred bucks means nothing. Congratulations. Well done you.

Do you realise that others are not so lucky and a couple of hundred bucks could make a lot of difference? If you didn't consider it before, does that knowledge now make you a little more considerate? Would you change your opening gambit from "FMD"? Would your post now be less outraged and accusatory?

Would you continue to personify those struggling, as children "stamping their feet" in a tantrum? You need a dose of empathy in your life, Beaves. Try to imagine how you'd feel if you were in financial strife.

Last edited:

Bass Player

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
Does everybody think it's ok that working Aussies aren't getting refunds for season tickets but Channel 9 bosses in a meeting with the NRL this week told NRL CEO Todd Greenberg the code wouldn’t be receiving its quarterly broadcast payment on April 1 after the season was suspended because of the coronavirus pandemic?

Bang. Done. No attempt at negotiation or conciliation, they've just turned off the tap.
My point all along. Multi-billion dolar companies with multi-millionaire management walk away with impunity and no change to their yachts while the workers get f****d.

Change your attitudes. Seriously. You have no reason to support these parasites, they don't care about you, you're part of the working scum they exploit by making you think you're middle-class coz you have a widescreen TV.

Grrrr!

pslbheth

Qld Cup Player
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Does everybody think it's ok that working Aussies aren't getting refunds for season tickets but Channel 9 bosses in a meeting with the NRL this week told NRL CEO Todd Greenberg the code wouldn’t be receiving its quarterly broadcast payment on April 1 after the season was suspended because of the coronavirus pandemic?

Bang. Done. No attempt at negotiation or conciliation, they've just turned off the tap.
My point all along. Multi-billion dolar companies with multi-millionaire management walk away with impunity and no change to their yachts while the workers get f****d.

Change your attitudes. Seriously. You have no reason to support these parasites, they don't care about you, you're part of the working scum they exploit by making you think you're middle-class coz you have a widescreen TV.

Grrrr!
think you need a BEX and a lie down dude

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score

Grrrr!
Have you read about Richard Branson??

Bass Player

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
I thought you were going to say he was buying the club.

North Queensland Virgins
That's why they can't do the Nativity in Townsville. They can't find three wise men and a virgin.

Mind you, the first game would be a gift for the announcer, "Let's give these Virgins a big hand on their opening..."

fanfromsingapore

Junior
Reaction score
Did someone seriously say that?
So the story goes.

This fellow tried to argue that because cowboy Kyle had never played for Queensland or Australia, that this meant that he would never be an immortal. He also tried to argue Thurston deserved a statue more than Cowboy Kyle.

pslbheth

Qld Cup Player
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
So the story goes.

This fellow tried to argue that because cowboy Kyle had never played for Queensland or Australia, that this meant that he would never be an immortal. He also tried to argue Thurston deserved a statue more than Cowboy Kyle.
hmmmm.. your not the original Singapore guy are you?

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
So the story goes.

Don't you just hate it when a Johnny come lately steals another man's identity and achievements? lol

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Just received email from Ticketek, full refund due to magic round being cancelled.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

It's a shame but at least they've called it and are giving you a refund. Wonder if they'll do the same with Origin tickets (I bought 3 of those). I'd say they'll be holding out on that until all hope is gone though.

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score

Q Cup and other QRL statewide competitions are now fully cancelled for 2020