Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Match 2020 Round 8 (A) vs Eels - Teams & Discussion

Dream

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
No Feldt? He is the competitions leading try scorer and has been consistently solid. I'd pick for his kick off alone.
Every generation the prince hates the most beloved player among fans.

Last generation it was Bowen, currently it's Feldt.

Last edited:

Jax

Origin Rep
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
No Feldt? He is the competitions leading try scorer and has been consistently solid. I'd pick for his kick off alone.
Don't get involved is my advice mate.

It's smelly smelly bait.

Prince Ernst of Hanover

First Grader
Reaction score
Everyone generation the prince hates the most beloved player among fans.

Last generation it was Bowen, currently it's Feldt.
Untruth.

There was never any hate of Bowen or Feldt, or any other player. I do, however consider player's strengths and weaknesses. I was calling on Bowen to be replaced eighteen months before he was. At the time I suggested Bowen be replaced, no-one on here seemed to agree. Twelve months later, 50% or more agreed with me. Many remained silent. Not long afterwards, the club decided not to re-sign Bowen and he went to England.

Having played fullback (league) and wing (union) I have some understanding of the defensive requirements of both positions. I am also mindful that some people on this forum have never even played rugby league or union. Some of these people are only to willing to share their 'expertise'.

Jax

Origin Rep
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Untruth.

There was never any hate of Bowen or Feldt, or any other player. I do, however consider player's strengths and weaknesses. I was calling on Bowen to be replaced eighteen months before he was. At the time I suggested Bowen be replaced, no-one on here seemed to agree. Twelve months later, 50% or more agreed with me. Many remained silent. Not long afterwards, the club decided not to re-sign Bowen and he went to England.

Having played fullback (league) and wing (union) I have some understanding of the defensive requirements of both positions. I am also mindful that some people on this forum have never even played rugby league or union. Some of these people are only to willing to share their 'expertise'.
Is this where you learned to face backwards when catching bombs?

I thought you were taking a break until the re-build was completed?

Prince Ernst of Hanover

First Grader
Reaction score
Is this where you learned to face backwards when catching bombs?

I thought you were taking a break until the re-build was completed?
Another untruth Jax.

Coote seemed to have lost his confidence catching bombs. I suggested, that until he got his confidence back he should consider catching high balls facing backwards. If the ball is dropped, it is a knock back, not a knock on. Yes, younger fullbacks are taught this by some coaches.

No, I wasn't taking a break. Rebuild or otherwise.

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
If you leave Feldt out, who is Clifford kicking to??????? For all his faults, feldt is great under that catch & twist. I wanna see more of that (although eels wingers would be a bit more of a challenge no doubt)

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Untruth.

Mango played some decent footy towards the back-end of his career. The real problems were around 2008-2010 when his knees were terrible, and that's if he was even out on the park.

Prince Ernst of Hanover

First Grader
Reaction score
If you leave Feldt out, who is Clifford kicking to??????? For all his faults, feldt is great under that catch & twist. I wanna see more of that (although eels wingers would be a bit more of a challenge no doubt)

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
I agree that Kyle is very strong in this area.

Masinat

Junior
Reaction score
Given our struggles with scoring tries over the past few seasons there is zero chance of Kyle Feldt being dropped, IMO. He's in a rich vein of form. When everyone is fit the back three will be Kyle Feldt, Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow and Valentine Holmes, with the only question being who wears the no.1 jersey and who plays on the wing. I think that's our strongest back three, with plenty of athleticism and attacking x factor.

Jax

Origin Rep
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Feldt's goal kicking shouldn't be underestimated either. It was on point last weekend.

Jax

Origin Rep
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Another untruth Jax.

Coote seemed to have lost his confidence catching bombs. I suggested, that until he got his confidence back he should consider catching high balls facing backwards. If the ball is dropped, it is a knock back, not a knock on. Yes, younger fullbacks are taught this by some coaches.

No, I wasn't taking a break. Rebuild or otherwise.
I guess this was a hacker?

I won't be watching this one. I will start watching again if, and when, the overhaul has been done.

BDR

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I am starting to think Jason Taumalolo should be dropped. Sure, many of you don't agree now but give it 10-12 years and you'll all come around eventually.

Desert Qlder

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I am starting to think Jason Taumalolo should be dropped. Sure, many of you don't agree now but give it 10-12 years and you'll all come around eventually.
You've carefully weighed up his strengths and weaknesses I can see.

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
I think you have a point mate.... in 15-20 years :)

Jax

Origin Rep
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
My preference is to play him out of position, so we can play someone else who is not quite as good in his current position..........

NSW_Cowboy

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
My preference is to play him out of position, so we can play someone else who is not quite as good in his current position..........
preferably one of the young blokes who we have never seen play before.

Reactions: Jax

Spacey

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
So that's why we are getting Benji

Reactions: Jax

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Jase would be just as good at prop as he is at lock. He is basically playing like a prop already.

Metro

First Grader
Reaction score
What I’d like to see:

1. Holmes
2. Feldt
3. Opacic
4. Marsters
5. Tabuai-Fidow

What we know we will actually see:

1. Holmes
2. Feldt