Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Match 2020 Round 8 (A) vs Eels - Teams & Discussion

BDR

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Round 8
Friday, July 3, 2020
7:55pm
Bankwest Stadium, Sydney

North Queensland Cowboys

1. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow
2. Kyle Feldt
3. Tom Opacic
4. Esan Marsters
5. Justin O'Neill
6. Scott Drinkwater
7. Jake Clifford
8. Josh McGuire
9. Reece Robson
10. Jordan McLean
11. Shane Wright
12. Coen Hess
13. Jason Taumalolo

Interchange:
14. Ben Hampton
15. Gavin Cooper
16. Peter Hola
17. Francis Molo

Reserves:
18. Reuben Cotter
19. Valentine Holmes
20. Corey Jensen
21. Jake Granville

Coach: Paul Green

Parramatta Eels

1. Clint Gutherson
2. Maika Sivo
3. Michael Jennings
4. Waqa Blake
5. Blake Ferguson
6. Dylan Brown
7. Jai Field
8. Regan Campbell-Gillard
9. Reed Mahoney
10. Junior Paulo
11. Shaun Lane
12. Ryan Matterson
13. Marata Niukore

Interchange:
14. Ray Stone
15. David Gower
16. Oregon Kaufusi
17. Brad Takairangi

Reserves:
18. Stefano Utoikamanu
19. Daniel Alvaro
20. George Jennings
21. Will Smith

Coach: Brad Arthur

Last edited:

BDR

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Like last week I don't expect us to win, but I hope we continue to improve. Our odds will have shortened with Moses out.

Will be interesting to see if we are slow early on again considering the travel.

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
We could be brought back down to earth in this game, but I'd like to see Robbo, Cliffo, Drinky, Hammer etc all keep some of that momentum going from last week. I hope Cliffo watches a replay of the Knights game a few times. That's how you need to keep playing mate!

Metro

First Grader
Reaction score
When Morgan comes back whenever he does:

1. Holmes

6. Morgan
7: Clifford

14. Drinkwater.

Looks nice to me.

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score

1. Holmes

6. Morgan

14. Drinkwater.

Looks nice to me.
We could be brought back down to earth in this game, but I'd like to see Robbo, Cliffo, Drinky, Hammer etc all keep some of that momentum going from last week. I hope Cliffo watches a replay of the Knights game a few times. That's how you need to keep playing mate!
I would have made the boys watch the 1st half of last week, twice and not watch 2nd half, in last weeks video review session.
Clifford will be doing his homework for the week-i wonder how he will try to keep the ball out of the back 3s hands

Last edited:

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score

1. Holmes

6. Morgan

14. Drinkwater.

Looks nice to me.
Thats how i had it in pre season.

We can fit them all in like this
1 DrinkW-tough challenge going from 1 to 6-i think hes going ok, lot of pressure on him to put points on etc, overplaying his hand atm, he'll find the balance.
2 Hamiso, playing like Coote atm
3 Marsters
4 Feldt-him and Marsters get back on most kicks and do those runs
5 Holmes-hopefully he plays most of the year
6 Morgan
7 Clifford

I.like Cotter as the 14, Molo 15, Hess 16, Hola 17-that might be our best bench

Last edited:

Metro

First Grader
Reaction score
What about the acceleration of Hamiso to put himself in the position to be the first back up player once Robson made that break.

Like a Ferrari, man. Imagine once he starts sniffing around the ruck for offloads. Will be game over.

Probably haven’t been this excited about a player since Bowen was coming into grade.

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
If he plays first grade most of the season, a few boxes to tick,
-90m try kick return
-intercept try
-kick and regather try
-beat 5 players 20m out try
-bomb regather try

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
What about the acceleration of Hamiso to put himself in the position to be the first back up player once Robson made that break.

Like a Ferrari, man. Imagine once he starts sniffing around the ruck for offloads. Will be game over.

Probably haven’t been this excited about a player since Bowen was coming into grade.

That reminded me so much of Payne making a break with Bowen in support for a try. Was like we were looking back in time but with new players. Anyone that needed convincing that these guys are the future of the Cowboys just has to look at that one play.

Billythefish

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Id say it will be Hammer to wing, Holmes to fullback, Jussy to centre and Opacic dropped.

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score

That reminded me so much of Payne making a break with Bowen in support for a try. Was like we were looking back in time but with new players. Anyone that needed convincing that these guys are the future of the Cowboys just has to look at that one play.
Well said, but I hope you guys noticed that Drinky was also there ready for the try if the Hammer wasn't there.

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
I wonder if green might get a bit of rotation going on those contentious selections.
Someone on Radio TAB (cant remeber who it was now) said the other day that given the shortened season, it was his opinion that who ever could field the strongest side with least injuries at the back end would be in a good position to make a run.

Green also said this morning he thought it was extremely important to manage the mental fortitude of the young guys, he was replying specifically to a question about hammer. His concern was for them to keep up with the intensity week in, week out, so my guess is hammer will be getting some time off at some stage

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Green also said this morning he thought it was extremely important to manage the mental fortitude of the young guys, he was replying specifically to a question about hammer. His concern was for them to keep up with the intensity week in, week out, so my guess is hammer will be getting some time off at some stage
That is very concerning. It seems that Green will stop at nothing to keep younger players out of the team so he can put the "experienced" Granvilles, Coopers, O'Neils, Hamptons etc in there.

BDR

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
That is very concerning. It seems that Green will stop at nothing to keep younger players out of the team so he can put the "experienced" Granvilles, Coopers, O'Neils, Hamptons etc in there.
Yes he will stop at nothing by blooding half a dozen young players in the first 7 rounds. He's really pulling out all the stops.

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
I reckon its probably a smart move, he's only 18-19, week in week out NRL intensity would be big for a young bloke, then the added covid restrictions, which green did outline some this morning, this years premiers will not only need skill, fitness & luck, they will also have to be the most mentally strong.
Don't forget, the players are still under strict isolation rules, not like you & i, who can now go to the pub for a beer & have some limited social interaction

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Jax

Origin Rep
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Most teams are rotating players, due to lack of lower grades. It just makes sense.

Your lack of objectivity is clouding your judgement.

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I reckon its probably a smart move, he's only 18-19, week in week out NRL intensity would be big for a young bloke, then the added covid restrictions, which green did outline some this morning, this years premiers will not only need skill, fitness & luck, they will also have to be the most mentally strong.
Don't forget, the players are still under strict isolation rules, not like you & i, who can now go to the pub for a beer & have some limited social interaction

Do you rate Hamiso? @Moggy

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score

I bet if you asked Hamiso himself, he would want to remain in the team, and do everything in his power to cement a spot in the 17.

I don’t want him to be pulled in and out of the team the way Cliffo was.

Dad’a army have had their go. Now it’s time for the Hammer!