Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Match 2020 Round 7 (H) vs Knights - Teams & Discussion

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Surely we find a way to keep the Hammer in the 17. I need not repeat the reasons already made above, but I just like that speed factor, and his natural ability to read the play, and be in the game.

I remember around that 2016-2017 period where James Roberts could do little all game, and then find a way to score two tries out of nowhere, and it would be frustrating for defences. But that is the benefit of speed. You just can't go wrong with blistering speed. Especially if the player is a genuine footy player on top of it. And that, the Hammer is!

Jax

Origin Rep
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Is Val even a likely starter this week?

For mine HTF is a must in the starting 13 let alone 17. He has already shown he offers more then just speed.

Chemicalspill

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
What Justin O'neil did in the weekends game, HTF would be able to do also, but faster. Heaps of other teams blood young players, not a big deal.

BDR

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score

For mine HTF is a must in the starting 13 let alone 17. He has already shown he offers more then just speed.
As always the club tells us nothing about injuries. Could be right for Friday could be 5 weeks away.

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Benji's management reportedly reached out to our club and a few others.

I would say no. The only thing that might swing me to saying yes would be some kind of confirmation Morgo is out for the year, and then, I'd think Benji might add some leadership value in our 17 somewhere. That might also mean we don't need to hold onto Coops or another senior player in the 17 that is obviously done.

I wouldn't, however, sign him if it just compromises Cliffo, Drinky and Robbo's developments.

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
Jesus, he should just keep some dignity retire, instead of going around with his hand out

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Spacey

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Yeah no Bunji plz.

Metro

First Grader
Reaction score
As always the club tells us nothing about injuries. Could be right for Friday could be 5 weeks away.
I reckon it’s poor from the club. If you want people to spend money to follow the team, you need to provide information around injuries to the fans. It’s disrespectful.

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score

Green said on the radio this morning that they won't know until he gets on the training field tomorrow

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Donelec

Qld Cup Player
Donor
Reaction score
Watching O'Neill struggle his way up the field on that bomb return/disallowed try was tough to watch. Next him was Hamiso barely raising a sweat and cruising in second gear.

You could hear Hamiso thinking, 'just send it this way old man'.
Same with his try. Great to see Drinky there with him but Hamiso was only going as quick as he had to. Seemed to have plenty in reserve.

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
I reckon it’s poor from the club. If you want people to spend money to follow the team, you need to provide information around injuries to the fans. It’s disrespectful.
This is a club that didn't even announce that it had re-signed O'Neil.

dakapayne

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Unless Marsters gets moved to back row, Opacic to 14 to take Hamptons role.
1. Val
2. Kyle
3. O’Neil
4. Marsters
5. Hamiso
Yup - O'Neill > Opacic

dakapayne

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I personally think Juzzy has shown more than Masters so far this year.
I've been a critic of O'Neill in the past, who hasn't. But up until his injury against the Raiders last season, he was very good in 2019. He's been good this year too.

Opacic is excellent depth at the moment. Hamiso has to be in there imo.