Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Match 2020 Round 7 (H) vs Knights - Teams & Discussion

Rudi

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Current Cowboys travel is easier. They fly into either Bankstown or Gosford airport, no 2hr bus ride anywhere. Direct flight is FAR better than previous system with stop over in Brisbane airport.
Travel not legit explanation for any poor away form.

How much are we all cheering for Dogs this afternoon?

Metro

First Grader
Reaction score
Would be a bit of shame for Hamiso to be dropped after having to move from the wing through no fault of his own. In saying that Opacic was good and I really liked his energy.

We didn't get the chance to see what Hamiso could offer on the wing with his speed.
Honestly - Hamiso is getting better every game. It’s unbelievable how well he moves at fullback in the NRL for an 18 year old. This guy is going to be a huge star.

Hamiso to the wing and O’Neill dropped for me - once Holmes returns.

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Current Cowboys travel is easier. They fly into either Bankstown or Gosford airport, no 2hr bus ride anywhere. Direct flight is FAR better than previous system with stop over in Brisbane airport.
Travel not legit explanation for any poor away form.

How much are we all cheering for Dogs this afternoon?
I wonder if we could afford this kind of arrangement post COVID. It would avoid stop overs, and avoid busier airports (and the media). Plus it would be closer to the stadium we are playing at.

Spacey

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I wonder if we could afford this kind of arrangement post COVID. It would avoid stop overs, and avoid busier airports (and the media). Plus it would be closer to the stadium we are playing at.
So who pays for travel cost during a normal season? Does the NRL chip in? NQ Cowboys are a professional sporting franchise. Why can't direct flights be a permanent?

Mark O Mac

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
So who pays for travel cost during a normal season? Does the NRL chip in? NQ Cowboys are a professional sporting franchise. Why can't direct flights be a permanent?
I’m surprised they don’t actively pursue a sponsorship with an airline that would allow for direct flights.

I can only assume the Supercars have an airline sponsorship to assist them moving that circus around the country.

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Honestly - Hamiso is getting better every game. It’s unbelievable how well he moves at fullback in the NRL for an 18 year old. This guy is going to be a huge star.

Hamiso to the wing and O’Neill dropped for me - once Holmes returns.
People saying hes submissive in the tackle-what fullback is running it back like Karmichael Hunt nowdays....i havent seen Hammer get driven back or ragdolled yet-that will happen if he tries to run thru them and then ppl will complain about that.
Hes passing to early-that is called giving early ball to your strike centre.
Hes Matty Bowen in a bigger body, faster, a good talker by reports, D is good enough.
Looks so comfortable out there.

If Opacic takes Oneils centre spot, then Hammer takes the wing spot off Oneil-no waiting for an injury, his spot cause its best for the team.

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Pretty decent luck getting to play the Eels without Mitchell Moses next week?
Bit of luck to have Bradman Best out this week-hes been arguably their best player this season.
Doubt his inclusion stops us from winning yesterday though.

River

Bench Warmer
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
If Val if fit, Green will pick him at 1. I can't see him dropping Juz for Hammer either, which leaves him left out.
An option is to play Hammer at 14. Like Bellamy did with Paps. He can cover most of the backline, be a supersub type.
Certainly better than having him not playing at all.

Chemicalspill

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
Pretty decent luck getting to play the Eels without Mitchell Moses next week?
Probably good to have a bit swing our way. We better not think we'll win because he isn't there though.

Chemicalspill

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
People saying hes submissive in the tackle-what fullback is running it back like Karmichael Hunt nowdays....i havent seen Hammer get driven back or ragdolled yet-that will happen if he tries to run thru them and then ppl will complain about that.
Hes passing to early-that is called giving early ball to your strike centre.
Hes Matty Bowen in a bigger body, faster, a good talker by reports, D is good enough.
Looks so comfortable out there.

If Opacic takes Oneils centre spot, then Hammer takes the wing spot off Oneil-no waiting for an injury, his spot cause its best for the team.
Next week isn't a great time to go back to the wing. Waka Blake, Ferguson on one wing, Sivo and Jennings on the other. :eek:

Stido

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
If Val if fit, Green will pick him at 1. I can't see him dropping Juz for Hammer either, which leaves him left out.
An option is to play Hammer at 14. Like Bellamy did with Paps. He can cover most of the backline, be a supersub type.
Great to see you back River. Greeny did say earlier in the year that he would've liked to play Hammer earlier but injuries curtail;ed that. So maybe..........

Stido

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
I was at the game and I can say that I saw nothing from Ponga that showed me that we made a mistake not matching Knights offer for him. Hammer, far more impressive at this stage of his career. Constantly talking in defense stood out. It's much easier for the players with their skills to shine in offense, but Hammer also looks to have it in defense guiding the team around.

This kid is special!!!!!!!!!

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I was at the game and I can say that I saw nothing from Ponga that showed me that we made a mistake not matching Knights offer for him. Hammer, far more impressive at this stage of his career. Constantly talking in defense stood out. It's much easier for the players with their skills to shine in offense, but Hammer also looks to have it in defense guiding the team around.

Plus he's a genuine local lad who will represent the club with pride. Not a Kiwi from WA who lives in NSW who plays for Queensland and aspires be an All Black

Spacey

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Might as well. Hampton was not utilised much

Rudi

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Unless Marsters gets moved to back row, Opacic to 14 to take Hamptons role.
1. Val
2. Kyle
3. O’Neil
4. Marsters
5. Hamiso

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score

That game is not a good sample size for a Hammer v Ponga comparison. KP has already done a lot in the game, and near single handedly brought the Raiders down to earth a few weeks ago (when they had otherwise been in hot form). We also executed a game plan that took him out of the game: our forwards won the forward battle; Hessy smashed Pearce; and we kept kicking it out so Ponga didn't get time or space. Come to think of it, Coach Green may have given other teams a bit of a blueprint to beat the Knights.

Fingers crossed that hindsight showed we were better off, and got the better player/s. But KP is well ahead of Hammer right now, and is also ahead of Val as a fullback. But to say I am not excited either would be a lie. Who wouldn't be excited by Hamiso and Val's potential.

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Plus he's a genuine local lad who will represent the club with pride. Not a Kiwi from WA who lives in NSW who plays for Queensland and aspires be an All Black
You forgot golf and AFL. Maybe KP might even give the NFL or NBA a go lol

Metro

First Grader
Reaction score
Unless Marsters gets moved to back row, Opacic to 14 to take Hamptons role.
1. Val
2. Kyle
3. O’Neil
4. Marsters
5. Hamiso
Opacic needs to stay in the centres. He was impressive yesterday.

If Coach Green has any gumption, O’Neill will be the unlucky one to miss out.

1. Holmes
2. Feldt
3. Opacic
4. Marsters
5. Tabuai-Fidow

Rudi

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
I agree.
He is a baller, can he move 1 spot in and go to 2row. He just makes things happen and needs to be on field, just not sure where.