Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Match 2020 Round 7 (H) vs Knights - Teams & Discussion

BDR

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Round 7
Saturday, June 27, 2020
3:00pm
Queensland Country Bank Stadium, Townsville

North Queensland Cowboys

1. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow
2. Kyle Feldt
3. Justin O'Neill
4. Esan Marsters
5. Connelly Lemuelu
6. Scott Drinkwater
7. Jake Clifford
8. Francis Molo
9. Reece Robson
10. Josh McGuire
11. Mitch Dunn
12. Coen Hess
13. Jason Taumalolo

Interchange:
14. Ben Hampton
15. Gavin Cooper
16. Peter Hola
17. Reuben Cotter

Reserves:
18. Tom Opacic
19. Shane Wright
20. Jordan McLean
21. Jake Granville

Coach: Paul Green

Newcastle Knights

1. Kalyn Ponga
2. Edrick Lee
3. Enari Tuala
4. Gehamet Shibasaki
5. Hymel Hunt
6. Kurt Mann
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. David Klemmer
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Daniel Saifiti
11. Lachlan Fitzgibbon
12. Sione Mata'utia
13. Tim Glasby

Interchange:
14. Tex Hoy
15. Jacob Saifiti
16. Herman Ese'ese
17. Aidan Guerra

Reserves:
18. Brodie Jones
19. Tautau Moga
20. Phoenix Crossland
21. Pasami Saulo

Coach: Adam O'Brien

Last edited:

Canberra Cow

Qld Cup Player
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Ohhh can I put myself through the pain again?........or go scrubbing (cutting down wattle regrowth trees) while it is on......hard choice:wideyed:

BDR

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
No secret that this game is important for the future of our club. I don't expect us to win but I expect us to compete, as we always should be.

If there is not a lift in attitude after last week then there is nowhere to go from here.

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
I am terrified at the thought of KP making a statement, and doing a serious job on us.

Jax

Origin Rep
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I am terrified at the thought of KP making a statement, and doing a serious job on us.
He has been making a statement most of the year to be honest, so I don't think it would take much more from him.

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
He has been making a statement most of the year to be honest, so I don't think it would take much more from him.
I am sure he'll always try to go up an extra gear against the team who wanted Coote over him.

Billythefish

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Interesting Moose coming out and saying its an effort thing thats the issue, not an ability thing and i agree with him. As he said in not so many words, if you dont do the little effort things, you have no chance of competing. There were certainly instances when players just didnt chase back or do the one percenters you need.

Chemicalspill

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
Val and HTF certainly eases the pain, but right now, KP is the better fullback.
Yeah but he doesn't play for us. Maybe we should sweat on Turbo and Teddy, they are better again and don't want to be cowboys either.

Stido

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
It's refreshing that some in here actually see and understand the circumstances around salary cap etc. It is so easy to say, we should have kept X, should've signed Y, etc. You think accounting is hard, try balancing a salary cap.

Jax

Origin Rep
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Interesting Moose coming out and saying its an effort thing thats the issue, not an ability thing and i agree with him. As he said in not so many words, if you dont do the little effort things, you have no chance of competing. There were certainly instances when players just didnt chase back or do the one percenters you need.
Yep, its attitude, wholesale changes aren't the solution, the team is good enough to be much more competitive than they showed last week.

The players don't get a free pass, don't get me wrong, but this has to be the responsibility of the coach.

Billythefish

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Yep, its attitude, wholesale changes aren't the solution, the team is good enough to be much more competitive than they showed last week.

The players don't get a free pass, don't get me wrong, but this has to be the responsibility of the coach.
Yep, he is part of the problem as well. Problem i always think is about these players that don't do the one percenters is i dont think its something you can teach them. Its either a natural part of their game or it isnt.