Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Match 2020 Round 2 Cowboys (A) v Bulldogs - Teams & Discussion

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
I thought that McLean played pretty well in both this and the first game. Mainly due to his hitups being hard runs, with good contact and moving the piles forward. This has been what's missing in his game, with his runs usually consisting of him stopping, and backing-in to the line.

So why did he cop flack in the last game thread and a bit in this thread? What am I missing? "Prop runs hard on every carry" seems to be happening.

I am anything but a fanboy for McLean (look at my past posts), but I think many of us expected him to replace Jimmy. And now, possibly even more so with Thumper gone, there's that expectation to lead from the front.

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Coops is copping it for the miss tackle, but he was marking Elliot and you could see he expected DrinkW beside him, not in no man's land-both their fault

Bass Player

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
Yeah, but young Coops would have made that tackle, or at least got closer, or at least tried to get closer. What he dished up there was a summary of the reasons why he should be benched. At least.

Rudi

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Sorry, that non-tackle was all on Coops.
Like a lot on here, I would love to see a crazy f.cker like Gilbert in that team. (Did anyone see Gilbert stats from last week v. Jets)

Billythefish

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Sorry, that non-tackle was all on Coops.
Like a lot on here, I would love to see a crazy f.cker like Gilbert in that team. (Did anyone see Gilbert stats from last week v. Jets)
Gilbert and Moose would be perfect to interchange.

Stido

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
I thought McLean was excellent in defense and attack. He's too lanky and lumbering to make breaks like someone like Jase but he does a great job finding his front to get a quick play the ball.
Agree Dream. He is continuing to pump his legs when he hits the line and always works hard in the tackle to find his front(which he achieves 95% of the time). His missed tackles last week went against the norm.

Stido

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
I haven't watched the replay as yet but watching last night I'm OK with the win. It's round 2, we got the 2, definite improvement from last week, more offloads, FIFO and a team with huge upside. New combinations will take time and will improve, fitness will only improve, defense improved imo, our new signings are looking good and will only get better, there looks to be a willingness to hook players, a somewhat different routine to become accustomed too and these uncertain times which no doubt is affecting concentration with players concerned for their families(like everyone else).

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Maguire cops some stick on here but we are a better team with him in it. I thought his goal line defence was particularly good last night and added a lot to the team.
With players like Maguire (or LOD/ Sims brothers etc), I just want every bit of that workload, passion and energy minus the grubbiness.

Spacey

Captain
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Watch the 1st and partz of the 2nd half.. What happened i that last 40mins? Drop ball aswell or did the Dogs defence tighten. Would of liked to see 50 put on them. From what I saw they dropped alot of ball. If it was against many other sides, would we have won? I liked what i saw from our new guys, Moose and Hess. Even Hampton took some good highballs.

Mark O Mac

Captain
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else think that we were robbed a conversion? I think it was the conversion after the Hess try? Luckily it didn't effect the end result. Although if spots for the 8 are tight at the end of the year, an extra 2 points to the differential could come in handy.
I’ll side with the touchies on that one. It did look tight, but I think the ball was above the height of the posts, so that kind of makes it hard to actually determine via video. They would’ve been in the best position to determine it.

Stido

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
I thought it was in. And that's all that matters.:p:D

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
I’ll side with the touchies on that one. It did look tight, but I think the ball was above the height of the posts, so that kind of makes it hard to actually determine via video. They would’ve been in the best position to determine it.
I thought it was in. And that's all that matters.:p:D
It was in

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Bundy

First Grader
5 Year Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't trust a touchie. Most of them don't even know how to use their flag. Looking at the different replays it looks in. Maybe those two touchies might be having the week off I'd say, to learn the basics.

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
The Golden Point show on nine after the footy is great, JT Joey Fatty combine well