Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Match 2020 Round 1 Cowboys (H) v Broncos - Teams & Discussion

CairnsCow

Bench Warmer
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
How can you say that from your armchair? Paul Green said himself that it wasn’t the dog shot from TPJ, but a hit after it that concussed O’Neill.

Yes but if the dogshot was put in the bin I can assure you the second incident would of had 90% chance of not happening.
If the refs did their job this would not be discussed.

CairnsCow

Bench Warmer
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Because right beside my armchair is a remote. On said remote are pause and rewind buttons. He was clearly affected by the tackle. You don't get a 4 week suspension (only because he pleaded guilty or it was 6) for a nothing contact to the head.

The fact that the Cowboys trainers left him out on the field is the reason for Green's comments....... They should have taken Juzzy straight off and they know it. But they aren't about to publicly admit it. Take a look at the second hit. No penalty. No mention of it at all. There was nothing in it. Without the TPJ "Dog Shot" the second tackle means nothing.

TPJ needs to get the shit out of his game and concentrate on doing what he is paid to.........

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

The only way he gets the shit out of his game is if the refs penalize him severely ... which they have done off the field and of no recompense to the Cowboys with a man down and contributing to a loss of 2 points.

He should have been binned for the shot and O'Neil.

But everyone knows in the first two rounds the refs are lenient on sendoffs.

River

Bench Warmer
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
No wonder he got embarrassed by Fafita one-on-one...?

So Drinky to the back and Cliffo to come in...?
Why do you think he would put a kid trained as a Fullback and bought to play fullback, to fill a Fullback vacancy?
The Hampton et al selections suggests Green will shake the magic eight ball and whatever name comes up will get the gig, so long as they are older than 28.
Looking thru the current squad list the only player out of the team that reaches the age hurdle is Moose. So he's odds on to be out fullback next week.
Of course Green has once ace up his sleeve and that is to bring the 32 year old Josh Hoffman into the last spot of the 30 man squad and ensure that all young NQ talent signs with the new Brisbane franchise as soon as they can.

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Why do you think he would put a kid trained as a Fullback and bought to play fullback, to fill a Fullback vacancy?
The Hampton et al selections suggests Green will shake the magic eight ball and whatever name comes up will get the gig, so long as they are older than 28.
Looking thru the current squad list the only player out of the team that reaches the age hurdle is Moose. So he's odds on to be out fullback next week.
Of course Green has once ace up his sleeve and that is to bring the 32 year old Josh Hoffman into the last spot of the 30 man squad and ensure that all young NQ talent signs with the new Brisbane franchise as soon as they can.

Green logic: "I don't trust young players as they make mistakes.... it doesn't matter that veterans make mistakes because they have experience".

I don't want to bring up the past, but Green has been doing this since the middle of 2016, and now it is possibly at its worst ever.

dakapayne

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
No wonder he got embarrassed by Fafita one-on-one...?

So Drinky to the back and Cliffo to come in...?
Only one player got embarrassed one-on-one by Fafita and that was Hess. There is not a fullback in the game that would have stopped him.

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Can't really blame Holmes for not being able to stop that raging beast Fifita. He's a freak. But yeah that one was on Hess being the inside man. Unfortunately it appears it's going to take more than a few lost kg's for Hess to be the player we want him to be.

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Val was playing busted for most of the game with his calf(?). Doubt he would have been able to take Fifi down even if healthy! Why do our backs always end up concussed or injured?
Fair point. I am happy to take a step back, in hindsight, if injury played its part.

Tunza

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Fair point. I am happy to take a step back, in hindsight, if injury played its part.
I doubt he (or any other player) would have stood a chance even if healthy. Fifi is a freak, and will rival Taumololo as the best forward in rugba league for the next decade.

crayne07

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Coach Bellamy 17/17 round 1 wins.
What is CGs record?
Not relevant Paulo... First round is not important on its own.

BTW from memory (I don't get to many games in recent years but try for Rd 1 if I can) I don't recall many losses in Rd 1. I do remember a poor loss to the Roosters but I think that was 2015......... Not a bad year

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
My point was we always look for excuses for round 1 losses..Coach Bellamy covers every base so there's no excuses and gets job done in round 1

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
I doubt he (or any other player) would have stood a chance even if healthy. Fifi is a freak, and will rival Taumololo as the best forward in rugba league for the next decade.
He better get as good as Jase because it costs a lot of money waiting for free spins :)

crayne07

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
My point was we always look for excuses for round 1 losses..Coach Bellamy covers every base so there's no excuses and gets job done in round 1
Green has a 5 and 2 record in rd 1 with his only other loss in a premiership year......

So my point is that your point is not really relevant. If you are talking about the Cowboys as an entire history of first round games then you can't pin that on Green.......

Otherwise get ready for another *Premiership

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Green has a 5 and 2 record in rd 1 with his only other loss in a premiership year......

So my point is that your point is not really relevant. If you are talking about the Cowboys as an entire history of first round games then you can't pin that on Green.......

Otherwise get ready for another *Premiership

We can't make excuses anymore-its that simple.

I don't know if we will win the pship this year-but I expect the boys to play better this week-no humidity to contend with.

Metro

First Grader
Reaction score
How do we always look like the more ragged team in the humidity. We train in it all off season.

This new fitness guy from the Dockers (joined for the 2019 season) has the jury out on him.

Chapdog

Junior
Reaction score
How do we always look like the more ragged team in the humidity. We train in it all off season.

This new fitness guy from the Dockers (joined for the 2019 season) has the jury out on him.

I have always wanted to know this... it’s like it doesn’t make sense .

im from canberra so I believe raiders are better then most clubs in the cold although we did beat them last year .

year before we got smashed .

And this year we don’t play in Canberra :( I’m gutted.
Could be worse ... I could be in Townsville and not get too seen them play with this stupid virus !

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score

I just don't think we train hard enough in the off season. We always look off the pace at the start of the year and gradually improve as the season goes on. We always do quite well in the trial games but can't lift to that extra gear required when the regular season starts.

Was listening to the On the Ranch podcast last week and Feldt mentioned Gilbert came out last year and was going too hard at training and McGuire and Gilbert almost got into a bit of fisticuffs because of it. This is an 18yo who was probably a touch over 90kg at the time and has never played first grade going too hard for seasoned NRL players. You probably can't read into it too much but I'm of the opinion if you're not training with intensity it's going to be hard to just get up and do it on game day.