Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Match 2020 Round 1 Cowboys (H) v Broncos - Teams & Discussion

crayne07

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I had a thought whilst I tortured myself and sat through a replay of the game.

I wonder how much of an impact the HIA of Juzzy had. If there was no Dog Shot from TPJ I wonder how Mitch would have been used. Was he going to sub Hess or even Coops? Did the burnt interchange alter how Green was going to use Robson? It definitely would have added to the fatigue of the forwards. I was pissed after the game and angry at the team............ Now I am angry at the cheapshot, f*** tard Bronco thug. I know that injury is a part of the game but when a Reportable incident rubs a player out of the game the culprit /offending team should also cop a penalty. A mandatory sinbin and/or a loss of an interchange would have evened the ledger and perhaps the result.

Thoughts.......

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

LoloMolo

L

I wonder how much of an impact the HIA of Juzzy had. If there was no Dog Shot from TPJ I wonder how Mitch would have been used. Was he going to sub Hess or even Coops? Did the burnt interchange alter how Green was going to use Robson? It definitely would have added to the fatigue of the forwards. I was pissed after the game and angry at the team............ Now I am angry at the cheapshot, f*** tard Bronco thug. I know that injury is a part of the game but when a Reportable incident rubs a player out of the game the culprit /offending team should also cop a penalty. A mandatory sinbin and/or a loss of an interchange would have evened the ledger and perhaps the result.

Thoughts.......

It wasn’t TPJ who caused his HIA.

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score

Thoughts.......

I do think the HIA had a big impact, the Broncos tore us up down that left edge and down to 16 men we did look tired in patches.

I always thought the NRL should consider an expulsion type option similar to the NBA for instances where foul play causes a concussion/game ending injury. Basically the player is sent off for the rest of the game but the team is still allowed to field 13 players

Billythefish

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
I think Morgo is a serious risk of being moved if he doesn't improve. In the team announcement, a journo said Cliffo will put pressure on Drinky for that 6 spot and Green made a point to say he'll put pressure on both halves.

I'd say they'll get another game, but both are at risk if they don't improve their weak points from round 1. Maybe we'll find out in 6 months when they play round 3.
Morgan is turning into our version of Milford

Dream

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
I do think the HIA had a big impact, the Broncos tore us up down that left edge and down to 16 men we did look tired in patches.

I always thought the NRL should consider an expulsion type option similar to the NBA for instances where foul play causes a concussion/game ending injury. Basically the player is sent off for the rest of the game but the team is still allowed to field 13 players
Maybe an alternative option is the 18th man from the affected team could play if a player is taken out of the game with foul play.

CairnsCow

Bench Warmer
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Maybe an alternative option is the 18th man from the affected team could play if a player is taken out of the game with foul play.
We wouldn't be considering this if the refs did their job and gave him 10 in the bin.

crayne07

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
There has to be some punishment for the offending team. The way it is now the Cowboys suffered for Souths gain......

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
I think it might be time for this, or follow soccer and have a large bench of interchange players, but the coach can only use 3-4 of them throughout the game.

LoloMolo

L
He may not have gone off after the first tackle (should have) but it 100% contributed to the HIA. High contact followed by heavy contact with the ground...... This equals..... Concussion

How can you say that from your armchair? Paul Green said himself that it wasn’t the dog shot from TPJ, but a hit after it that concussed O’Neill.

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Players have to go off now if there head hits the ground like Oneils did-tpj tackle.
But Oneil shook it off quickly to try and stay on field I guess and it worked

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
I can't believe I find myself feeling really sorry for O'Neil. After years of criticism (including by me), he worked really hard last year (and played some good footy), and I dare say the most recent pre-season. Now he's having some shocking luck with the health.

crayne07

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
How can you say that from your armchair? Paul Green said himself that it wasn’t the dog shot from TPJ, but a hit after it that concussed O’Neill.
Because right beside my armchair is a remote. On said remote are pause and rewind buttons. He was clearly affected by the tackle. You don't get a 4 week suspension (only because he pleaded guilty or it was 6) for a nothing contact to the head.

The fact that the Cowboys trainers left him out on the field is the reason for Green's comments....... They should have taken Juzzy straight off and they know it. But they aren't about to publicly admit it. Take a look at the second hit. No penalty. No mention of it at all. There was nothing in it. Without the TPJ "Dog Shot" the second tackle means nothing.

TPJ needs to get the shit out of his game and concentrate on doing what he is paid to.........

LoloMolo

L
Because right beside my armchair is a remote. On said remote are pause and rewind buttons. He was clearly affected by the tackle. You don't get a 4 week suspension (only because he pleaded guilty or it was 6) for a nothing contact to the head.

The fact that the Cowboys trainers left him out on the field is the reason for Green's comments....... They should have taken Juzzy straight off and they know it. But they aren't about to publicly admit it. Take a look at the second hit. No penalty. No mention of it at all. There was nothing in it. Without the TPJ "Dog Shot" the second tackle means nothing.

TPJ needs to get the shit out of his game and concentrate on doing what he is paid to.........

Okay. You in your lounge room are right. The cowboys medical and coaching staff are wrong. Thanks for clearing it up mate.

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
He probably should've gone for a HIA after the dog shot, but the head slam was bad at the ground so can only imagine on TV close up.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

crayne07

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Okay. You in your lounge room are right. The cowboys medical and coaching staff are wrong. Thanks for clearing it up mate.
Your welcome

lone_cowboy

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Holmes out for an extended period due to calf injury according to nick tedeschi