Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Match 2020 Round 1 Cowboys (H) v Broncos - Teams & Discussion

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Of the bottom 4 perhaps, but we are a looooooonnnnggggg way from top 4

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Yeah I have to agree. Only way we're top 4 is if we were to read the ladder upside down

Beaves NQ

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I think green has always been reluctant to give the kids a shot..he needs to look at the big picture and not be so loyal to some of the old cattle...in saying that its round 1 ..injuries will give opportunity.

I’ve stood up for Green countless times on here but he has turned into Henry mach 2. The young guys will start leaving if they keep getting overlooked. I get why KP left, we weren’t in a position to give him what he wanted, but Kikau and your boy should never have been let go.

There’s not a lot of coaches available on the market if Green stinks it up, but by f*** if he doesn’t change his selection ethos, he’s gonna get the same results as what he got the last 2 years. Wtf did Shane Wright do wrong to deserve dropping all together? him, oppa and Feldt had a strong combo going, and now all of a sudden a bloke who could barely deserve bench selection last year (Hess) is now starting in his spot?

Green shows too much loyalty to some and f***ing zero to others. I have nfi what goes on behind closed doors there but the onfield product f***ing stinks. Brisbane are nothing special bar a few good forwards and we made them look f***ing amazing.

Gus Gould was spot on in his post match wrap up on Friday.

Greeny has lost the plot.

BDR

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
From Q Cup over the weekend:

Shane Wright - 16 runs for 163m, 22 tackles no misses
Tom Gilbert - 16 runs for 180m, 30 tackles 2 misses

Just in case we're looking to add some steel to the forward pack Greeny...

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
From Q Cup over the weekend:

Shane Wright - 16 runs for 163m, 22 tackles no misses
Tom Gilbert - 16 runs for 180m, 30 tackles 2 misses

Just in case we're looking to add some steel to the forward pack Greeny...
That means nothing if they aren't in Green's clique.

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Not great when your captain is calling for the season to be postponed. You really have to question his state of mind saying something like that. Would he have said the same thing if we had won? Will he be kicking stones or be focussed to play in 5 days against the Bulldogs? He's such a confidence player too - basically needs everything working in his favour it seems. Get your head together Morgo.. really need him to fire this year.
Morgan and McLean haven't shown me any evidence at all that they are the right leaders to get us out of the rut. Plus neither of them have shown much form in two years either.

The decision making across the entire organisation has been terrible in recent times.

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Morgan and McLean haven't shown me any evidence at all that they are the right leaders to get us out of the rut. Plus neither of them have shown much form in two years either.

The decision making across the entire organisation has been terrible in recent times.
Why does the captain have to be young?
For the future? That's stupid.
I reckon Coops would thrive as (c)
Morgan can't handle the captaincy atm

Reactions: CC

Stido

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
I'm generally not one for knee jerk reactions after 1 game.

I'm also not 1 for all doom and gloom. I actually think we have the squad to make a major challenge for the GF over the next few years. We just need to use the players in that squad who can get us there.

Live at the game there were a few things that stood out to me. It didn't take too long before we looked like we were running on tired legs. We were getting caught out in defense laterally all night. This continual one out stuff really irks me, it's so easy to defend against. There should be players in position to receive an offload on every occasion, whether they do or not. I love Coops and what he has contributed to our club but he is now a liability.

The good: OUR STADIUM. Esan is going to be a great addition to the club. Val will only get better. Our spine has loads of up in attack. We have the cattle, we just need to use them effectively. So far I have managed to not see any of Channel 9's coverage or heard Gould's voice.

With the metres we made we really should have won that game.

Bring on week 2.

Metro

First Grader
Reaction score
I’ve stood up for Green countless times on here but he has turned into Henry mach 2. The young guys will start leaving if they keep getting overlooked. I get why KP left, we weren’t in a position to give him what he wanted, but Kikau and your boy should never have been let go.

There’s not a lot of coaches available on the market if Green stinks it up, but by f*** if he doesn’t change his selection ethos, he’s gonna get the same results as what he got the last 2 years. Wtf did Shane Wright do wrong to deserve dropping all together? him, oppa and Feldt had a strong combo going, and now all of a sudden a bloke who could barely deserve bench selection last year (Hess) is now starting in his spot?

Green shows too much loyalty to some and f***ing zero to others. I have nfi what goes on behind closed doors there but the onfield product f***ing stinks. Brisbane are nothing special bar a few good forwards and we made them look f***ing amazing.

Gus Gould was spot on in his post match wrap up on Friday.

Greeny has lost the plot.
It wasn’t that simple. Chudleigh was highly regarded at the time also and for good reason. No one could have predicted he would be struck down season after season with injury.

Beaves NQ

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Why does the captain have to be young?
For the future? That's stupid.
I reckon Coops would thrive as (c)
Morgan can't handle the captaincy atm
Coop’s form is not worthy of him being picked in the team let alone captain.

This is not slagging him out either, he is a club legend and one of my fave NQ players of all time but the club are stupid for giving him another year. The ‘we need to retain experience’ line they trotted out at the time is so flawed, there is still enough experience in the squad without his presence.

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
You are straight down from me Jordan. Come up and say g'day next time. I'm next to the stairs where you head down..

I live down in Brisbane now, just flew up for the first game. But if I come up again I'll say hey. Will most likely be in the same seats as my friend has season tickets there.

bundy bear

Qld Cup Player
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Green and the team should watch the 9 coverage of round 1 and see if they respond with a greatly improved performance next week and beyond. It may be the rude awakening they all need.

BDR

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Jake Clifford and Connolly Lemuelu were the try scorers for the Pride today.

Connolly was playing at centre, could be a smokey for next week if O'Neill can't play

River

Bench Warmer
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Considering Green made special mention in his presser about 3 concerns being:
1. Poor starts
2. Poor kicking
3. Poor defending.
The match report of the Pride game (which they lost late) makes interesting reading.

"The Pride dominated physically and territorially despite running into the big wind in the first half.
They scored from their first set of possession through Cowboys half Jake Clifford who was the most influential player in the first half.
Not only did his game management and kicking game lead the way, he set the tempo in the Pride defensive line and pulled off some decisive tackles."

Dream

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Considering Green made special mention in his presser about 3 concerns being:
1. Poor starts
2. Poor kicking
3. Poor defending.
The match report of the Pride game (which they lost late) makes interesting reading.

"The Pride dominated physically and territorially despite running into the big wind in the first half.
They scored from their first set of possession through Cowboys half Jake Clifford who was the most influential player in the first half.
Not only did his game management and kicking game lead the way, he set the tempo in the Pride defensive line and pulled off some decisive tackles."
I think Morgo is a serious risk of being moved if he doesn't improve. In the team announcement, a journo said Cliffo will put pressure on Drinky for that 6 spot and Green made a point to say he'll put pressure on both halves.

I'd say they'll get another game, but both are at risk if they don't improve their weak points from round 1. Maybe we'll find out in 6 months when they play round 3.