Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

2020 Recruitment and Retention thread

samuraipolice

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
Remember Holmes had a rough start to 2018, including a shocker against us in round 1. However he finished the year on fire. I say give him a few rounds.

Also I'm watching the Rabbits game and let's just say I'm glad we chose Holmes.

fanfromsingapore

Junior
Reaction score
Straight swap idea.

Katoni Staggs for cowboy Kyle Feldt. We get a player with enormous potential and the Broncos get the greatest winger ever to play the game.

Last edited:

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Straight swap idea.

Katoni Staggs for cowboy Kyle Feldt. We get a player with enormous potential and the Broncos get the greatest winger ever to play the game.
For someone with only 29 posts in this forum, it's as if I know you from a couple of past lives... :) lol

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Kotoni Staggs is pretty awesome. Played very well last night, shame he isn't a Queenslander are we're sorely lacking in the centre's. Those damn Broncos have heaps of young talent who are starting to hit their straps now.

fanfromsingapore

Junior
Reaction score
Kotoni Staggs is pretty awesome. Played very well last night, shame he isn't a Queenslander are we're sorely lacking in the centre's. Those damn Broncos have heaps of young talent who are starting to hit their straps now.
Maybe he could do an Inglis? Wasn't Greg from the NSW North Coast somewhere? I'm confident that Kevvie would find a spot for Katoni if he put his hand up to wear the maroon.

Here is a quick rugby league geography lesson. It still brings tears to my eyes.

Benchy

Bench Warmer
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Straight swap idea.

Oooh. I love a game of "who says no?"

I think Broncos say no. They already have Oates who they seem to love for some reason...and (among others) they have Herbie Farnworth and Xavier Coates competing for the other wing spot. They're pretty flush with outside backs at the moment.

Conversely Cowboys might be unwilling to give up Feldt's experience and leadership. Never thought I'd say this but Kyle's become an exemplary player on the field for the younger guys with some if his efforts.

Broncos are weak in the halves in my opinion. Milf can play like a magician one week and a quadriplegic the next; and despite a strong start this year I think Croft is a depth NRL player at best.

Clifford would be a more logical target.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Benchy

Bench Warmer
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
You've most certainly changed your tune on Feldt FFS!! Unless I'm not detecting the sarcasm. He'll most certainly be talked about as a Cowboys great by the end if his career.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Feldty should be a Cowboy for life. A Townsville boy. Gave us THAT moment. Concur with the points above how he's developing into a great bloke away from the game.

Tunza

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Noticed a stat from yesterday's telecast of the Titans game: Mark Minichello is the record holder for most games for the Titans with 173 with only three players hitting the 150 game milestone. By comparison:

TeamMatchesRecord300+250+200+150+
Cowboys652Johnathan Thurston: 29503715
Titans341Mark Minichello: 1730003
Donkies872Darren Lockyer: 3663101529

Chemicalspill

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
Noticed a stat from yesterday's telecast of the Titans game: Mark Minichello is the record holder for most games for the Titans with 173 with only three players hitting the 150 game milestone. By comparison:
TeamMatchesRecord300+250+200+150+
Cowboys652Johnathan Thurston: 29503715
Titans341Mark Minichello: 1730003
Donkies872Darren Lockyer: 3663101529
Not much of a legacy huh? I wonder if the living legend Mal Meninga can change things or will he be another short lived statistic?

CairnsCow

Bench Warmer
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Not much of a legacy huh? I wonder if the living legend Mal Meninga can change things or will he be another short lived statistic?
Just to be fair Titans have been in the competition for 12 years as of end 2019
so to compare to Cowboys 12 years from 1995 is 2007

some milestones during that year ... that indicates legacy : would be interesting to get more definitive numbers.

2007 Graham Murry was still coach
Thurston played 50th game
Ty Williams 100th game
Matt Bowen 150th game
Paul Bowman 200th game

Beaves NQ

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Just to be fair Titans have been in the competition for 12 years as of end 2019
so to compare to Cowboys 12 years from 1995 is 2007

some milestones during that year ... that indicates legacy : would be interesting to get more definitive numbers.

2007 Graham Murry was still coach
Thurston played 50th game
Ty Williams 100th game
Matt Bowen 150th game
Paul Bowman 200th game
NQ also had been in 3 finals campaigns and been to one GF in that period.......

crayne07

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
He should have improved the position for the kick, though...
I don't know if it has been mentioned here before but I watched an interesting WWOS clip recently where JT explains why he missed the kick. It gives a great insight into why he was so special....

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
I don't know if it has been mentioned here before but I watched an interesting WWOS clip recently where JT explains why he missed the kick. It gives a great insight into why he was so special....

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
A great watch. I thought JT missed it because he took so long (enabling more nerves to kick in).

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
I thought it was because Feldt put the ball down with his right hand, do it with the left it's 150-300mm closer to posts. How much did JTs kick miss by. Feldt is lucky JT jagged the field goal, otherwise he could be forever known as the man who lost us our only NRL premiership

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
I thought it was because Feldt put the ball down with his right hand, do it with the left it's 150-300mm closer to posts. How much did JTs kick miss by. Feldt is lucky JT jagged the field goal, otherwise he could be forever known as the man who lost us our only NRL premiership

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
@fanfromsingapore and @Prince Ernst of Hanover surely changed his position on the one handed put down after that try... :p